Author Topic: JG G3SG1  (Read 997 times)

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
JG G3SG1
« on: June 05, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »
New gun that I just got a few hours ago. This gun is the G3 SG1 which is the first of the JG G3 line. There is also the G3 T3 RAS and the G3A3. Neither of which are currently stateside yet.

Where I got it;
Same as the JG Sig552. Airsoftadvantage had it for $115.99 shipped same day as ordered. Ordered it Tuesday and it arrived a few hours ago via UPS.

What it came with;

1) Gun+Bipod
2) ShuangBao Large NiCad 8.4v 1500mah
3) 2 Prong Charger(garbage since it is not compatible with US plug without a converter)
4) Black Flashhinder
5) Orange Barrel Cover
6) Booklet
7) 200 BBs
8 ) Cheek Rest
9) Unjamming rod

The Gun;

The gun came in a brown box with only some coding to ID the gun from the store. It was actually the standard JG box just turned inside out for some reason. The box was fairly large since this gun can not be broken down or folded like a Sig or M4 LE. The gun was held in place by 2 pieces of styrofoam and some bubble wrap to prevent the foam foam from moving.

Weight/Length

The length is a MAJOR con for those that prefer small/medium guns. The gun is very long around a full sized G36 and M16 in length. Stock has no folding stock or any way to make the gun smaller other than after market sliders.As it is now it is around 1033mm(modern firearms). However the length isn't a problem for me. I knew it was a big rifle and have no problems using or carrying it around.

Weight wise its pretty decent. I'd estimate it to be around 6lbs since its only slightly heavier than my Sig. The length of the rifle really disperses most of the weight so its easy to grip and swing around. Although it is slightly more weighed to the front middle part. It shoulders very well and the sights line up to eye level automatically without the cheek rest of course.

Appearance;

The first question is yes. The gun is almost entirely plastic with the exception of a few key spots. Those being the bi-pod, trigger, screws/pins, magazine+release, barrel, barrel assembly and sights. The selector is plastic which is kind of a con. Its a high wear part. The rear stock to body cover also appears to be metal.

The plastic feels very sturdy with no creaks as of yet. It is very solid and even has some fake welding spots. There are visible seem lines on the stock, top of the body and under the handgaurd. Not a big deal though since plastic is plastic. The only real con about the plastic is it appears very fake. Unlike the Sig and G36 this plastic makes it appear toy like. Milsimers/perfectionists(not saying there are) probably may not like that. I believe it is just the shade of grey they used. The gun is colored in three shades of grey and black. The body and forward assembly are light grey, the pistol grip, sights, stock and hardgaurd are black while the lower receiver is a slightly darker grey. With a bright orange WGC flashhinder of course.

Sights:

Sights are standard spinning type like on the sig. Ranges from 1-4 based on distance to target and locks into place with a click. Spins with ease and locks into place well. Front sight is a standard metal prong. There are NO rails or screw holes for rails. You have to buy the claw mount if you want optics on this gun. I don't have one so there are no pictures of one.

Pistol Grip and Selector

The pistol grip is made for RIGHT handed users. Unlike M4/G36 grips this one is molded for a more snug grip. This is a problem for left handed shooters since the ridge digs into your hand. The grip itself works well with the length of the rifle, no complaints here. However the selector is PLASTIC and only on the left side. Another con for left handed shooters.  The saftey is marked with a white S for safe, E for Single and F for Full Auto. Clicks into position well and slides into the next without hinder. Not a problem to be seen here. A big bonus though is that you can see what setting you are on from the opposite side since the indicator moves.

Hop-Up

Since I have yet to play with the Sig this one is the same. Although it appears to be the same as the Sig which is a bonus for part interchanging. It is a standard dial and is reached by pulling the cocking level back while locking it into place. It normally locks into place by a small pin the handle covers. Its a nice feature although again plastic so I wouldn't abuse it. My dial however appears to not have been oiled so I will have to bust it open and fix that. This also happened on my brother's JG G36c so its an easy fix.

Performance;

It fires well for stock and both selector options work. I did a controlled test with .2 AEs with no hicups, jams or misfires. It has the stock JG gearbox, not the black one, with their average ROF and FPS. It also does have that annoying "boing" from the front cocking spring while shooting. While using an 8.4v Intellect it is very responsive. The gun is easily well over the 338fps it has labeled. I haven't played outdoors with it so I can't judge the accuracy.

Gearbox;

Its a JG. Thats really all that has to be said.

Hicap;

Completely metal with the exception of the door. The metal is of good quality with only a small dent from being made. It clicks into place and is removed without a problem. It can hold around 500bbs so for a hicap its pretty good.

Bipod;

On of the key features of this gun. The bipod itself is completely metal with the exception of the feet. Those are both plastic for some reason. To use them you push the two buttons towards you(or down) then slide them out. Both click out, set and go back without any problems. Another cool feature is that the bipod swivels around to aid in aiming the gun. Like that of a M249 PARA. Can't ask for a better bipod at the price I got the gun.

Battery;

The battery goes into the rear stock. It opens the same as a Mp5A4 by pushing the buttstock down which unlocks it. The battery goes into there. I use minis but it a full size battery like the one included may have trouble closing/fitting with the wiring.

Overall;

I like it. The issues it came with are easy to fix. Other than the hop up it all works are is should and for the price it can't be beat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »