Author Topic: Review: 9.6 V 1100mAh Mini Flat Battery Pack + Compact Smart  (Read 1590 times)

Offline southpaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile

It arrived in 4 days just a specified on the site. New to Ni-MH batteries, I was eager to check it out. Up until now I had been using a single Ni-Cd that was hard to smash into the battery compartment, so i figured that it was worth 20 bucks to save myself the hastle.

So anyway, I went through the various packaging and set up the battery for a full charge on the included charger. That took about 2-3 hours.

After the automatic cut-off feature was activated. I removed the battery from the connector and the charger from the wall (always a good idea). I immediately grabbed my Airsoft Elite MP5 SD6 (Stock). I slipped off the hand guard and connected it to the gun's connectors. Then I loaded the hi-cap magazine and went outside.

Using my cronograph, I fired through it on fully automatic. The rate of fire was most impressive at 20.6 rounds a second, with my old battery it was around 18! I showed my friend and his eyes widened a little bit.

I also noticed a faster trigger response time. meaning easier aiming on semi automatic. And it lasted for the majority of its charge. The gun was a little winier with this battery in than it was with my previous Ni-Cd but i'm guessing thats due to the higher output.

at only $20, this battery outperformed my old $35 battery hands down. I strongly recomend it. The rate of fire held out longer than it did before, due to a better battery chemistry.

UPDATE: game performance

Ok, so me and my fiends got together to have a game. Getting this battery saved me the 15 minutes it would have taken to put my old one in. I decided to go with low cap magazines for once just for the increased reliability. We decided to play with full auto this game so I was smirking a little.

Once the imaginary whistle was blown I took point and tried to take out their SAW (squad automatic weapon) I moved in fast without any problems until I turned the corner to find 2 of them less than 30 feet away. I ran back behind the wall and blind fired them until my mag had run out. I killed them both but it was sort of intense.

Unfortunately for me their SAW man heard my shots and positioned himself to take me out as soon as I had passed the wall. It worked. So I dropped my weapon for one of my teammates to pick up.

It took nick almost four minutes to find it, but once he did he had a blast with it. Literally.

He ran into what was left of them like a madman out for the slaughter, their team came back inside covered with welts, a few of them bleeding. The increased rate of fire really increased the MP5’s hit ratio.

All in all I’m very impressed with this new battery (especially at the cost). Anyone with I compact AEG I highly recommend this to. I’ve never seen a high quality battery at such a low price!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by southpaw »
"aim low, hit hard."