Author Topic: hey im new and looking to jump in the airsoft world  (Read 1823 times)

Offline encoreguns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
hey im new and looking to jump in the airsoft world
« on: July 20, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
Hey what's up everyone I recently became interested in airsoft. I'm ttying to get as much info as podsible so I can purchase the right equip. Hopefully I can find a team that would'nt mind another membet but if not I have a few interested friends that I can start team with. If you can help plz email me at encoregutta@gmail.com

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: hey im new and looking to jump in the airsoft world
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »
Welcome to AA and the wonderful world of airsoft.

Your spelling is atrocious.

Enjoy your stay, browse the forums as much as you like, and feel free to ask valid questions pertaining to the sport; lots of knowledgable people lurking about on here. I'd recommend getting your bearings as far as the sport, it's rules, and the gear that comes along with it before worrying about joining a team. Be safe and have fun out there!

Offline PureEvil616

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:20:31 PM »
As far as gear, it depends on your budget. Some camos, a mask or pair of goggles or even shooting glasses, and a gun is (in my opinion) all you need to start out. As far as camos, any hand me down store like Salvation Army, Savers, or surplus stores are best. Masks, walmart has em, cheap and simple. As far as guns, the best out there for the cheapest price are G&G Combat Machines and Lancer Tacticals. (though I haven't heard a definitive verdict on them, Lancers do have beast internals, and for $100 it's a great starter.) And yes, learn the rules of the game.

If you have any other questions, the forums are the place to ask. Enjoy, and welcome!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:22:36 PM by PureEvil616 »

Offline ghost1216

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »

Enjoy your stay, browse the forums as much as you like, and feel free to ask valid questions pertaining to the sport; lots of knowledgable people lurking about on here. I'd recommend getting your bearings as far as the sport, it's rules, and the gear that comes along with it before worrying about joining a team. Be safe and have fun out there!

why hound on people's spelling? who cares?! quick posts not essays in my opinion...

oh and by the way welcome to AA... you'll get a lot of that on here , just get used to it
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:28:00 PM by ghost1216 »

Offline BreechUnClear

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »

why hound on people's spelling? who cares?! quick posts not essays in my opinion...

oh and by the way welcome to AA... you'll get a lot of that on here , just get used to it

You'll understand little one when you get older.

As for diving into the sport. Do some research through Google, the retailer sites(they have great airsoft 101 sections), and the forums. If you get really stumped and have some questions, feel free to ask. Be warned though most noob questions will have an answer on here, you just gotta use the search option. Rather than posting, cluttering the forums, with previously asked questions.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:46:42 PM by BreechUnClear »

Offline ghost1216

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:10:55 PM »
No i understand just fine but it really bugs you so much that you have to mention it in a welcoming post? everyone on this forum lately has been on their periods lately and its starting to get on my nerves. nobody can even post a simple little idea without someone going ape shit on them. and like you said in your last post  "cluttering the forums" but yet its ok to fill it up with " OMG You spelled 2 words wrong your a noob!" or better yet "That's a DUMB idea get off AA!" Now i realize this is getting off topic now and i apologize for that but like seriously wtf is up with everybody lately?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:14:08 PM by ghost1216 »

Offline bailey5671

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 12:11:59 AM »
No i understand just fine but it really bugs you so much that you have to mention it in a welcoming post? everyone on this forum lately has been on their periods lately and its starting to get on my nerves. nobody can even post a simple little idea without someone going ape shit on them. and like you said in your last post  "cluttering the forums" but yet its ok to fill it up with " OMG You spelled 2 words wrong your a noob!" or better yet "That's a DUMB idea get off AA!" Now i realize this is getting off topic now and i apologize for that but like seriously wtf is up with everybody lately?
Here we go......
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
You're the one one your period. I wrote one simple line about it. No bashing, no hate, just a simple one line statement. You're cluttering up the forums by continuing to bitch about it. Proper spelling and grammar contributes to the overall quality of these forums, as well as makes you seem much mature, for all you kids out there. Furthermore, I did not contribute to forum clutter or negativity in any way with that post, as I proceeded to welcome him to the forums and give him advice in what I thought was a friendly, welcoming manner. You wonder why the little tikes take so much flak on these forums? Take a look in the mirror.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:27:09 AM by xXmusicimpactXx »

Offline Note

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 12:23:56 AM »

I see no problem with it either. MusicImpact just simply made a quick statement on OP's grammar as a way of pointing out that it would be nice to clean it up in the future. That and I'm pretty sure everyone would enjoy reading posts with proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Offline rictas777

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »
Hey there,

Welcome to the world of airsoft! Yes airsoft is a great hobby/sport/occupation it varies. Since your looking to get into it, you have to think about what proffieceny you would like to try, Example: CQC, Field, or Sniper. I would reccomend field for you on my 2 cents but just a suggestion, Lancer tactical (prefferably M4) have amazing internals as stated above. for 95$ to what i have read. Mainly aside from the forum trolls, you can come on here and ask questions, check when games are and where, maybe even join a team if you like it! but good luck and have fun!

Rictas777
Vigillance is my sword, Intergity is my Shield, and Truth is my Guidance.

Offline BreechUnClear

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 04:02:51 AM »

Dude you're 14, like I said once you get older you'll understand.  I responded with enough information to get him started. Airsoft 101 Sections, from ASGI and Evike, has more than enough info to get a general idea of the sport. If it bugs you so much, go hit a punching bag, complain to your mom, or go cry. I did not see YOU post anything contributing to his question, just your pointless response.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 04:48:23 PM by BreechUnClear »

Offline ghost1216

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »
alrighty ! thanks guys! sorry bout that