Author Topic: Showin off that sexy gear....  (Read 645276 times)

Offline azsarge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2005, 01:05:52 AM »
Quote from: "TimW"
Yes, the Maxpedition Rollypolly was licensed by Military Moron himself.

There are only so many ways one can make an upright utility pouch or an MLCS-style mag pouch.  s***, you guys whine about companies ripping off designs yes go out and buy Guarder Interceptors or JTech DACH rigs.  First one I see wearing a knock off MESA vest is gonna get his ass stomped by my wife. :)

Don't worry, Tim.  I promise I won't buy a [fake] MESA :P ...

I am working hard to replace their entire STRIKE line of gear with US-made items from Specter Gear, Esstac and Tactical Assault Gear (which is upfront about copying gear, but at least it's US-Made).

Good luck with the ESSTac line, Tim.  I really like his designs, and would definitely buy it from you!  Keep us posted on that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2005, 12:34:05 PM »
Most of the ESSTAC stuff I get will be Multicam, and perhaps others if he can keep up with production, which seems to be a constant issue with smaller gear makers.  Specter Gear and T.A.G. gear is also looking pretty good, though TAG is doing more a sandy Tan color than a true CB.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2005, 12:26:55 AM »
I just ordered a Russian Grad-1 tactical assault vest in Kamysh it was designed for the elite (Spetsnaz) units. For those of you who dont know what Kamysh is it looks  some what similar to a tiger stripe woodland, only a little more brown in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2005, 06:07:23 PM »
Chest rigs offer quicker reloads than a drop leg platform ever could.  Its just too far away from your rifle to be effective.

And Im not 100% sure why everyone wants to use drop leg holsters when, unless you are wearing body armour a belt holster is MUCH more comfortable and gives you a faster draw (if that even matters).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline yellowmonkey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ratemykitten.com
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2005, 08:28:09 PM »
Quote from: "RickEJ6"
Chest rigs offer quicker reloads than a drop leg platform ever could.  Its just too far away from your rifle to be effective.

And Im not 100% sure why everyone wants to use drop leg holsters when, unless you are wearing body armour a belt holster is MUCH more comfortable and gives you a faster draw (if that even matters).

My 3-point sling always got in the way of my pouches on my chest rig, but I guess I never looked into alternate types of slings either.

I would always just end up dropping my spare mags into my BDU jacket, where they always rattled around.   :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by yellowmonkey »
It\'s time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I\'m all outa\' bubblegum. -Duke Nukem

Let\'s just be friends. -My Ex-girlfriend

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2005, 08:30:16 PM »
Quote from: "yellowmonkey"
Quote from: "RickEJ6"

My 3-point sling always got in the way of my pouches on my chest rig, but I guess I never looked into alternate types of slings either.

I would always just end up dropping my spare mags into my BDU jacket, where they always rattled around.   :(
I have the same problem and so do alot who have chest rigs, you just have to find the right sling for you..Which I am still doing. You could have also gone with a simple 1Pt harness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2005, 08:36:36 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
I have the same problem and so do alot who have chest rigs, you just have to find the right sling for you..Which I am still doing. You could have also gone with a simple 1Pt harness.

A Frankensling or other 1 point loop would work, as would a wolf-hook like thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2005, 12:09:13 AM »

A Frankensling or other 1 point loop would work, as would a wolf-hook like thing.

I use a piece of 550 cord through a snaplink.  It's by no means sexy, but it works!  Right now I have it through the rear of my M4 stock, but I'm getting one of those 1-point plates for in front of the stock to make it easier.  

I think it's funny how much money guys spend on high-tech slings, only to let their AEG hang on it during breaks and re-spawns.  Seriously, how often do you need to sling your rifle in airsoft?  I don't know about you guys, but my gat spends more time at the low ready than hanging from a 50 dollar piece of nylon webbing.

If my AEG does go go down, I am more worried about fixing my 1000 dollar weapon than my ability to kill someone 30 feet away with my sidearm!

Offline yellowmonkey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ratemykitten.com
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2005, 12:41:03 AM »
Quote from: "azsarge"

I use a piece of 550 cord through a snaplink.  It's by no means sexy, but it works!  Right now I have it through the rear of my M4 stock, but I'm getting one of those 1-point plates for in front of the stock to make it easier.  

I think it's funny how much money guys spend on high-tech slings, only to let their AEG hang on it during breaks and re-spawns.  Seriously, how often do you need to sling your rifle in airsoft?  I don't know about you guys, but my gat spends more time at the low ready than hanging from a 50 dollar piece of nylon webbing.

If my AEG does go go down, I am more worried about fixing my 1000 dollar weapon than my ability to kill someone 30 feet away with my sidearm!

Yeah, I really need to check out some of the other sling options, but the thing I liked about my 3-point is that you can just toss it around your back when you have to climb stuff...

Now I know you're all laughing at me... but it happens... sometimes you have to climb...  [smilie=armata_pdt_27.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by yellowmonkey »
It\'s time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I\'m all outa\' bubblegum. -Duke Nukem

Let\'s just be friends. -My Ex-girlfriend

Offline creed_DET5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2005, 03:39:33 AM »
True.  And not just for climbing cliffs, either.  Fences, for example, make a sling useful, unless you pass the weapon to a buddy or leave it on the ground.  So do steep hillsides - going in both directions - and climbing up/into structures.
That said, I generally partly unsling my weapon when I go into action.  You can point and shift the weapon better in order to accomodate unconventional shooting positions or obstacles.  And it's also good practise for Real Life.  You won't find anyone - one hopes - grabbing your gun muzzle and yanking on it hard during an airsoft CQB evolution, but it's a viable and effective tactic nonetheless.  If your sling is looped around your body and can't be gotten rid of fast, you're likely to become suddenly dead as you are dragged forward by your weapon onto whatever your opponent has waiting for you.  If you can let go, then the odds are better that you will still have your distance and your balance, he will have your weapon by the wrong end, and before he can correct that you can return the intended mischief with your sidearm.  Also, despite the bungees in many modern slings, barrel-thumping some guy is a lot easier if the weapon is more or less free.  Trust me :-)

-Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by creed_DET5 »
DET-5, detailed to SWAIRTAC

\"Well, you\'re either part of the problem, or your\'re part of the solution, or you\'re just part of the landscape.\"  -Ronin

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2005, 03:57:21 AM »
Try and grab my piece and you're getting shot in the face.  That's all there is to it!

Has this happened to you before?

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2005, 07:07:30 AM »
I use the exact same set up as you sarge. I looped some 550 Cord through the sling mount on the stock and tied it off, and just snap it to my gear. It works nicely and costs under $10

Rick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline creed_DET5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2005, 04:10:48 PM »
Haven't had anyone try and grab my rifle, but I did have to barrel-thump some goon not too long ago.  It was kind of half-a**ed, because my sling was looped around my back, but it did the job.  I've tried the same move with my airsoft gun, and despite the bungee inside the high-speed Mamba sling I have on it, I only got about three to four inches of travel.  I'll be getting a single-point sling when I convert my current airsoft M4 to a short-barrel CQB gun, though.

-Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by creed_DET5 »
DET-5, detailed to SWAIRTAC

\"Well, you\'re either part of the problem, or your\'re part of the solution, or you\'re just part of the landscape.\"  -Ronin

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2005, 05:41:14 PM »
I just ordered a sick vest from Tim W's site, and some stuff of of LightFighter and some other site. About 250 in all.. and $300 total on its way to me, none of it actualy here yet. I'll post it all when it comes.. it might be opening an "old" thread again, but hey.. this thread rocks. I'm sure no-one will mind.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline PHX COBRA

• Captain
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2005, 05:46:36 PM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"
I just ordered a sick vest from Tim W's site, and some stuff of of LightFighter and some other site. About 250 in all.. and $300 total on its way to me, none of it actualy here yet. I'll post it all when it comes.. it might be opening an "old" thread again, but hey.. this thread rocks. I'm sure no-one will mind.

Depending on what you bought from Lightfighter, be willing to wait a few months or so to get it, because as everyone knows they are always sold out;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PHX COBRA »