Author Topic: My Rocks (and Eagle MLCS kit)  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Lightning_Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 08:12:19 PM »
You know, I always think it is kinda funny when someone second guesses say, the army. I mean really, to even think as a seasoned vet who has seen action, that somehow I know more than all the people at defdev and all the people in the developement and implementation loop. Seriously, budget sometimes causes things to get issued that aren't as good as could be purchased, but to think they would completely reissue all the uniforms (a few million of them) without being pretty certain about it is insane.

Christian posted some pics in the multicam in one of these threads and I think it looked pretty good. Mind you I have some concernes about how light it looks (particularly at night) and I take issue with some of the velcro usage decisions, but hey I don't have the budget for research that the army has so...

Oh, and if wear any kind of ghilli here, you better have one helluva big camelback.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 11:16:10 PM »
LM that was my ACU's, not multiCam.

Busta, everyone likes Crye camo because it works.  Imagine that they all must be retarded!

Back to the topic at hand...

...LM, that sounds about right regarding the different color pouches.  I've read it before elsewhere.  

We really need to meet up so I can show this thing in detail!  In a short answer to your question, yes-the velcro folds out of the way.  If you've never used this style of pouch, I think you will like it.  It might seem strange in the pics, but it's a damn good design overall.

With regards to the color, I didn't get what I wanted plain and simple.  I paid no extra, and there will be no extra charge for the Ranger Green version.  You see, I got an OD MLCS rigwhen I wanted a Ranger Green RLCS rig.  Eagle is going to fix it, and I will keep you guys posted.  About the RG color, there are already several made for the Rangers.  

OD and RG are more acceptable for service as well.  With CB I might get a few strange looks from senior NCOs, and get a little extra attention.  With green, I can't go wrong.  It could be worse, I could be in a unit that makes me wear 100% issue gear!

If you want a MultiCam MLCS kit, call Eagle.  If you want it, they'll do it.  

Farslayer, I can't take a pic of myself in my kit uless I stand in front of a mirror.  Then all my kit would appear backwards!  :P

Quote from: "Lightning_Man"
ning_Man     
Posted: 12 Mar 2005 20:12    Post subject:
You know, I always think it is kinda funny when someone second guesses say, the army. I mean really, to even think as a seasoned vet who has seen action, that somehow I know more than all the people at defdev and all the people in the developement and implementation loop. Seriously, budget sometimes causes things to get issued that aren't as good as could be purchased, but to think they would completely reissue all the uniforms (a few million of them) without being pretty certain about it is insane.

Exactly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2005, 09:14:25 AM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
OD and RG are more acceptable for service as well.  With CB I might get a few strange looks from senior NCOs, and get a little extra attention.  With green, I can't go wrong.  It could be worse, I could be in a unit that makes me wear 100% issue gear!

I've always wondered if you could wear your own gear in the Service or if they made you wear the issued stuff...unit specific I guess.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2005, 09:41:36 AM »
Take a picture of it in the mirror, then flip it horizontally.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 09:58:27 AM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
those are some real nice rocks you got there. Oh, nice equipment too!

That looks killer, but whats the significant difference between this, and the BHI Recon chest harness? Visually looks the same, but is it more comfortable? Is it just the lower row of PALS webbing?

I know it was already answered, but besides quality, his still has a few other options than the BH one. Compare his and mine, for ex.

His will hold up better, probly feel better, has more webbing, and etc. The only thing I can say that I like more about mine is that it's cheaper.. and that it's got the extra set of "D-rings" on the straps so I can slap my Ambush Camelback straight to the vest
( http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ ... 3300_1.jpg )

Not much visible diff, I guess. But I say mines fine for airsoft!  :roll:

The same stuff is that we've both got the bib that can be tucked in, and all other obvious differences. The diff's are that his will stand up to probly.. alot more. The BH has the strap that goes around the waste that has webbing as well, as if I'd ever use it, though.

Not that I'm jealous or anything..  :evil:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 10:57:46 AM »
I also have a set of D rings that I can add or take off.

Oh, and some side-release buckles, too!  8)

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 11:02:29 AM »
Go ahead.. Take every shread of pride I have in my vest away!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 11:08:28 AM »
What pisses me off is that now HSGI is making the satches with tri glides! They should replace the ones people have now with new ones, or upgrade them for free.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2005, 12:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
What pisses me off is that now HSGI is making the satches with tri glides! They should replace the ones people have now with new ones, or upgrade them for free.

Or you could do it yourself.

Don't get pissed off about stuff like that, it's called "product improvement", and it's a good thing.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005, 12:19:39 PM »
I don't think I could, someone said they might do it for me for a small fee...

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 12:59:50 PM »
So beautiful...

But Diamondback Tactical has a "storefront" where I can pick up items that I've ordered online, correct?  I'm moving to about 10 minutes away from the address on their website so, if so, awesome.

Now all I need is 400 dollars.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005, 01:01:23 PM »
Uhh..Not a storefront persay, pickups are supposedly only for LE or MIl, but they have told me its fine to pick up my stuff...They just don't want everyone to do it.

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005, 01:13:11 PM »
Exactly why I put it in quotes.

Once I'm ready to place my order I'll call them and see if a pick-up is plausable.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005, 01:19:11 PM »
What are you gonna be ordering?

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 01:59:15 PM »
Low Vis. Rack along with several pouches.

Which reminds me... Manual loaders (pistol magazine type) better fit in 9mm or .45 pouches?