Author Topic: My Rocks (and Eagle MLCS kit)  (Read 4348 times)

Offline busta_cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2005, 02:05:31 PM »
They fit in 9mm with the flaps over, or tucked in. .45 Is probably too small. If you are planning on getting the triple or quad pistol pouches, good luck cause they are all out. And from what Anne told me on friday, most are spoken for if not all as soon as they come in.  Which low vis RACK are you getting? They are several versions.

Also;what color are you planning to get all of this in? Are you gonna get RG? :P

Something DBT does not list on their website is that all of their ammo pouches have the "DETLOC" system. The way it was explain to me is that inside on one side their is a magnet sewn into the lining, then the rest of the sides are a rubbery type meterial to keep the mags in. The sad part is that airsoft mags are not sensitive to magnets, not even pistol mags.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2005, 02:34:07 PM »
I was going to purchase a quad pistol pouch but I figured they were out of stock.

I planned to get all of my items in Coyote Brown because I normally wear DCUs for games.  Because of this thread I'm thinking about Ranger Green... add some two tone.

Let me just put up a list of what I was going to purchase once I get the funds.  

BattleLab Sensitive Site Exploitation Bag (for a spent mag bag)
BattleLab Hydration Patrol Pack
Four BL M4 Single Mag Pouches with 9mm Mag Pouch
BL Low Vix. Rack with MOLLE - LV3
BL GP Pouch, Small
BL Quad Pistol Mag Pouch 9mm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2005, 02:50:33 PM »
And where do you suppose you are gonna put all this? If I read this correctly you are gonna have room for EIGHT m9 mags? Maybe you should just get the BLCS single M4  mag pouch that has webbing on it, then put the quad pistol mag pouch over it, and then put the GP pouch on the end of those. The SSE is pretty good from what I hear, You should mount that on your weak hand side, IE: right handed, mount on far left. I dont see why you need room for eight M9 mags, if you want to store a bunch of pistol loaders, you can always put them in your GP pouch. Or...Mount a triple M9 pouch on your GP.

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2005, 03:00:11 PM »
Or maybe I wasn't going to mount everything on the vest at once.  

The vest itself holds I believe six M4 mags.  On a skirmish I might not feel like holding 10 M4 mags, just the six on the vest.  I'd then attach the quad pistol pouch for my speed loaders and go play.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2005, 03:14:28 PM »
Ah I see, Either way, good luck and happy huntin for those pouches! Are you going to be attending Lion Claws?

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2005, 05:15:17 PM »
Quote from: "Farslayer"
Quote from: "azsarge"
OD and RG are more acceptable for service as well.  With CB I might get a few strange looks from senior NCOs, and get a little extra attention.  With green, I can't go wrong.  It could be worse, I could be in a unit that makes me wear 100% issue gear!

I've always wondered if you could wear your own gear in the Service or if they made you wear the issued stuff...unit specific I guess.

It really depends on what stuff you are talking about and more importantly on what unit and who is in charge. I know in special operations units there tends to be more freedom to use personal or custom gear. In a lot of line combat units they discourage it, in part because they want everyone to be familliar with everyone elses gear. That way if you die I know where to find your magazines and stuff.

That said, I know some elements ofline combat units (I am particularly talking about guys at the 101st, 11th acr, and 10 mountain) have been "adopting" custom gear on a unit by unit basis. I know a guy at the 101st who's platoon decided together as a whole to go with something non-standard and everyone purchased the same. There is also, from what I understand, an attitude in many units right now that everyone knows the old stuff is crap, and everyone knows it's going to be replaced, so why not let people that want to upgrade on their own. Finally, an article written about a unit commander in Iraq who was reprimanded for allowing his men to make use of personal and custom gear stated in his defense something to the effect that he was not willing to put politics before functionality and it was his call since he would be the one that had to write the letters.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2005, 08:01:08 PM »
Shoot, they let us use whatever.  The ONLY factor is that is is some sort of color already used (No Black, except for small items like pistol mag pouches), and it will carry issue SAPI plates if it's a plate carrier.  

Since a few of the guys have started wearing chest rigs, the higher-ups have seen the usefulness versus a standard ELBV for vehicle operations.  

I've seen everything from BHI and Eagle chest pouches to a Paraclete RAV.  Most guys just use the ELBV though, because they don't give a rats ass.

For me, it's all about the Gucci!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2005, 08:08:47 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
I don't think I could, someone said they might do it for me for a small fee...

I'll show you how.

Are you familiar with the Kifaru "Dock and Lock" system.  Like that, but with different hardware.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2005, 08:10:43 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
I don't think I could, someone said they might do it for me for a small fee...

I'll show you how.

Are you familiar with the Kifaru "Dock and Lock" system.  Like that, but with different hardware.
Negative, care to fill me in O gear god?

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2005, 08:24:04 PM »
It involves cutting the hardware you have.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »
Couldn't I just sew some tri glides onto where HSG is doing it now?

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2005, 08:43:52 PM »
You won't have to sew if you do it my way.

Sewing it will be much stronger however, so that would be the best way to go if you can find someone to do it.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2005, 09:11:12 PM »
Hmm..the only person I KNOW with a good sewing machine is Tim.  Where can I get some tri glides for that size webbing?

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2005, 11:30:02 PM »
Hmm..the only person I KNOW with a good sewing machine is Tim.  Where can I get some tri glides for that size webbing?

http://www.nationalmolding.com

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »
Went to DBT today.  Fifth time in 3 weeks, so they gave me a hat to keep me coming back!
Here's what I got for my kit:
BLCS Triple Pistol Mag pouch, 9mm
BLCS Strobe pouch (got this last week)
BL Sensetive Site Exploitation Bag
All in Coyote

Heres the MLCS kit, with strobe pouch on strap, and triple 9mm on the Small GP.

The pistol mag pouch lids can be stowed, like this:

My complimentary BattleLab ballcap:

All very nice, as expected from DBT.  The pistol mags are on my strong side, which isn't what I usually do, but the PALS on the small GP was the only real estate I had left, aside from the right shoulder strap.  I like my rifles mags weakside for easier reloads, so having my pistol mags on the other side is a small sacrifice I'm willing to make.  This kit carries absolutely everything I will need at LC and any game in the 602!  Including:
Sidearm
2 bags of BBs
Spare AEG battery
3 spare pistol mags
8 rifle mags
radio
loading tool (pistol-mag type)
loading tool (strobe type) or a strobe, depending on conditions
Rite-in-the-Rain pad and pencil
small binoculars
Any required maps or paperwork
2 Frags
Small Rations or energy bars.

All on one rig!  I am currently considering my hydration options.  I will probably go for a small pack like the kifaru E&E, but might settle for my issued Camelbak 3-liter.  My legs are completely free of subloads, as my secondary is worn under the right arm on my rig.  My back will be open excpet for the camelbak, and the straps are padded so comfort will not be an issue.  I am very, very pleased with the way this kit turned out! :D