Author Topic: Do you believe...  (Read 12636 times)

Offline cmptrdewd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 08:00:24 PM »
Quote from: "Dust2Dust"
I believe in God, I believe in Christ.  Everyone has their own views so I am tolerant of other religions.  It's just a way to get through life.

Yah, it's just a way to get through life, but what happens when it ends?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline taz

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftaddicts.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 08:25:17 PM »
If you want to discuss religion go to church. It does'nt belong here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by taz »
Scott
Airsoft Addicts

www.AirsoftAddicts.com  (I\'LL PEE ON YOU)

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 08:37:33 PM »
Quote from: "taz"
If you want to discuss religion go to church. It does'nt belong here.

I agree(yeah i know...i've heard about it before). Besides...wasn't this brought up in the past?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 08:53:26 PM »
If you don't want to talk about it, then that's fine, don't talk about it.
What about the people who do? Paco said that if I wanted to talk about religion, I could start my own thread! So I did.

--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 08:58:10 PM »
Im sure your church has some forums where you can talk about religion..Honestly you are wasting bandwidth with this thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 09:05:35 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
Im sure your church has some forums where you can talk about religion..Honestly you are wasting bandwidth with this thread.

You honestly think I'm wasting it...?

Offline Wolverine

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 09:37:40 PM »
I found this tib bit of info on an e-mail I was sent a while back. If it is false; please notify me so I can get rid of it.

DID YOU KNOW ? As you walk up the steps to the Capitol Building  which houses the Supreme Court ...  you can see near the top of the building  a row of the world's law givers...  and each one is facing one in the middle  who is facing forward with a full frontal view - it is Moses and the Ten Commandments! As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom,  the two huge oak doors have the  Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.  As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit... > a display of the Ten Commandments! There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, DC. James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.."  Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."  Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777. Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.  Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law, would begin making law .. an oligarchy--- THE RULE OF FEW OVER MANY. The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:  "Americans should select AND prefer Christians as their rulers."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Wolverine »
Semper fidelis is our creed... Marine Corps, is our breed\"
-Cpl. Rich-

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 10:08:32 PM »
Quote from: "Wolverine"
I found this tib bit of info on an e-mail I was sent a while back. If it is false; please notify me so I can get rid of it.

DID YOU KNOW ? As you walk up the steps to the Capitol Building  which houses the Supreme Court ...  you can see near the top of the building  a row of the world's law givers...  and each one is facing one in the middle  who is facing forward with a full frontal view - it is Moses and the Ten Commandments! As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom,  the two huge oak doors have the  Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.  As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit... > a display of the Ten Commandments! There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, DC. James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.."  Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."  Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777. Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.  Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law, would begin making law .. an oligarchy--- THE RULE OF FEW OVER MANY. The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:  "Americans should select AND prefer Christians as their rulers."

That's what I've tried to say in the past!

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 10:33:27 PM »
Who is this "god" you speak of?

.. sorry.. had to put in my $.02 worth in..

Edit: As far as Christians as rulers, it's the best way to go, by far. I may be Agnostic, but I would much rather have a christian ruler than any other.. They have more reason, and are much more reasonable. And if anyone asks, because tons of people do, let me answer this: No, the "In god we trust" quote on money has no effect on me.

And I chose "No" as my option, I should have chose "I don't know, as it's closest to "I don't give a damn".. which would be my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 10:38:30 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2005, 10:35:31 PM »

Then you should not respond and leave!!!  If one wants to have a discusion on religion he is free to do so!!!

cmptrdewd is see that you have some Philosophical Arguments I love using them to!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2005, 10:36:31 PM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"
Who is this "god" you speak of?

.. sorry.. had to put in my $.02 worth in..

A higher being with the ability to think and reason.

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 10:37:58 PM »
Quote from: "IcePlatinumSky"

Then you should not respond and leave!!!  If one wants to have a discusion on religion he is free to do so!!!

cmptrdewd is see that you have some Philosophical Arguments I love using them to!!!!

Thx

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 10:45:01 PM »
I believe in a higher being but not necessarily God. I have not seen him or physically touched him. And the only reason He is around is because of faith; you believe, and as I said; no see, no believe. For example, the dollar bill, I’ve seen it, touched it, felt it; I believe in it. And that’s why it has value. I am not saying there is not a God, but until I’ve seen Him, I won’t believe. But I won’t disrespect those who do believe, that is you choice.

No one has seen, felt, touched, tasted, or smelled your mind either!!! So using the Same science that you use we can say that you dont have one!!! But the fact is you do have a mind, and we can learn about it, and you. If we spent time with you!!! Are you ready to spend time to know God maker of heven and earth!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 10:46:22 PM »
here is my take on religion. Its cool if you want to have something to believe in, but i personally dont buy it. Heres why: Religion has, and will always be a concept. It was a concept created by man. Man created this concept to give themselves a sense of security. So basically, to make others believe that they arent in control, and that there is something watching over them.

I'm going to get flamed for this: I think the bible is just a story. Like a play, simply a play. Just like Romeo and Juliet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 10:47:31 PM »
Quote from: "IcePlatinumSky"
I believe in a higher being but not necessarily God. I have not seen him or physically touched him. And the only reason He is around is because of faith; you believe, and as I said; no see, no believe. For example, the dollar bill, I’ve seen it, touched it, felt it; I believe in it. And that’s why it has value. I am not saying there is not a God, but until I’ve seen Him, I won’t believe. But I won’t disrespect those who do believe, that is you choice.

No one has seen, felt, touched, tasted, or smelled your mind either!!! So using the Same science that you use we can say that you dont have one!!! But the fact is you do have a mind, and we can learn about it, and you. If we spent time with you!!! Are you ready to spend time to know God maker of heven and earth!!!

=D>