Author Topic: CYMA M14 SOCOM Issues  (Read 6160 times)

Offline Kogarasumaru

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Private
  • Fast and Silent.
    • View Profile
CYMA M14 SOCOM Issues
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
So my brand new M14 only shoots once or twice before getting jammed. When using a rod to dislodge the BB, there is a resistance implying the BAX or hopup is gripping the BB too roughly. Anyone know a good fix or will I be dragging this in to have some shop monkey a VIP Vangaurd employee overcharge me for a repair repair it?

Edit:Please disregard my naive name calling. In an attempt to bring some humor to my request, I may have offended some experienced techs on the forum. This was not my intent as I was directing the comment to shop techs that I have had poor experiences with. Old Dog has made it apparent that my tone was disrespectful and I would like to express my apologies. I will take this as a lesson learned.

I will appreciate any help or feedback.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:33:02 PM by Kogarasumaru »

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
Re: CYMA M14 SOCOM Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »
How high do you have your hop-up turned on? Turn it down all the way and then try it.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Kogarasumaru

• Private
  • Fast and Silent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »
Already tried that and vice versa. I am using elite force .20 BBs if that helps.

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »
So my brand new M14 only shoots once or twice before getting jammed. When using a rod there is a resistance implying the BAX or hopup is gripping the BB too roughly. Anyone know a good fix or will I be dragging this in to have some shop monkey overcharge me for a repair?

It is to bad you are having trouble my friend, there are number of really good "SHOP MONKEYS" as you choose to call them on this forum, the rest of us respect them and their skills and call them fine airsoft techs, with reasonable prices...

Of course call them what you want and show your total disrespect as a noob on this good forum and you may find that no one will want to help you out... Just a friendly FYI... Best of luck...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:49:13 PM by Old Dog »
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 09:41:02 PM »
Hmmm it really seems like its just a bucking issue. Do you have multiple mags or just one?
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Kogarasumaru

• Private
  • Fast and Silent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:56 PM »
It is to bad you are having trouble my friend, there a number of really good "SHOP MONKEYS" as you choose to call them on this forum, the rest of us respect them and their skills and call them fine airsoft techs, with reasonable prices...

Of course call them what you want and show your total disrespect as a noob on this good forum and you may find that no one will want to help you out... Just a friendly FYI... Best of luck...

I didn't mean disrespect to anyone here on the forums to any degree. My disdain was placed toward some of the employees at VIP since that's the only airsoft shop I know, and the customer service there is... absent.

Old Dog, I do apologize.

I'm open to any advice from anyone.

Major Payne, I only have one magazine at this time. Do you believe it is a feeding issue?

Offline Katana0

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »
Since most everybody that deals seriously in airsoft is a regular visitor to this board, particularly the gearbox techs, I'd be careful what I called them lol...

That said, are you backing the screw that adjusts the hop up all the way in, or out?  On the M14 it was kinda counter intuitive to me.  Other than that, it could be how the mag is seating; if it isn't seating properly, the feed lip could only be depressing the stopper at the top of the mag when you actually put the mag in place, and then sliding back out after you let go.

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
Yes, Sounds to me like a feeding issue. Either that or a hop-up system that fully engaged and not disengaging. If it is a brand new gun seems unlikely that it is a gearbox issue. I have always had issues with CYMA M14 hop-ups, and mags. I have a mag that feeds the BB's in poorly and the BB's either roll out the barrel, or jam until I swap mags. I agree with Katana, make sure the mag is seated properly.

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Kogarasumaru

• Private
  • Fast and Silent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 10:21:37 PM »
Please excuse my nativity.

I wil give the Vangaurd Employees another chance, but I was quite dissatisfied with my last few experiences. I know the mag is feeding because even after ejecting the mag, it doesn't sound like a dry fire. Is there a way to file or trim the hop up? Or should I find someone to take a look and possibly replace the hop up?

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »
Don't think they were referring to what you were saying about the Vanguard techs. There's been a fair share of complaints about them on this board, from a good number of people. They were talking about the techs that are active on the board (none work at Vanguard, to my knowledge).

What you need to do is get another mag for your M14. CYMA mags are crap to start with (got 2 CYMA M14 midcaps that have just become low capacity BB holders). Your problem sounds exactly like the problem I have with those when I tried to use 'em in my TM SOCOM. If I were you, I would get a couple of MAG mids and try those out. If nothing else, I've got a no-name hicap that I could let you try/sell to you that's done nothing but feed wonderfully for me.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Kogarasumaru

• Private
  • Fast and Silent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »
Do you know of a shop or website that sells the ones you mentioned? I originally wanted to scrap the hicap for several mid caps. A good brand name would help if all I need is a mag and not a repair.

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:56 PM »
Do you know of a shop or website that sells the ones you mentioned? I originally wanted to scrap the hicap for several mid caps. A good brand name would help if all I need is a mag and not a repair.

I'm not sure whether it's a problem with the gun or just the mag. Just saying that I've had a similar experience with CYMA magazines. Get one, maybe two shots, then nothing.

MAG brand midcaps are pretty good, or so I've heard. You can buy them at all the major retail sites (Evike, GI, ect.) in 5 packs pretty cheap. I've heard good and bad about the Kings Arms mids. Your mileage may vary. Sector9 in North Phoenix carries em at a damn good price. There's always Tokyo Mauri's, if you're made of money and can find them. I've been running those in my gun since I got it and haven't looked back. Great mags, just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Post up on the Want to Buy section and you'll probably have a couple of offers.

Good luck, man.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:11:02 PM by Bob Z Moose »
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Kogarasumaru

• Private
  • Fast and Silent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
Well I have a few MAG mid caps on the way but I tried again with less winding on the high cap. It jammed of course, but here is an image. Looks like it may still be a feeding issue? Take a look.

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 10:01:28 AM »
Turn the gun upside down like you have it in the picture. Then fill the hop-up feeding tube full of BB's...should be around 4. Then fire the gun, while upside down and see if you get a jam. If it is your mag it should not jam.

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »
I am willing to take a look at it if you cannot get it going with some new mags.

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's