Author Topic: Smith and Wesson Model 442  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
Smith and Wesson Model 442
« on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:36 PM »
Hello everyone, I am looking into purchasing a Smith and Wesson model 442 double action revolver and I am hoping to gather some feed back from any owners who may be here on AA. If anyone has one for sale also hit me up please.
Thanks,
Garrett
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
Re: Smith and Wesson Model 442
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »
I'm sure others will have more in depth experience with the actual gun, but as a wheelgun fan, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. Basically, practice loading with snap caps as a bare minimum to get familiar with the gun's controls and reloading under stressful situations. With a 5 round cylinder, reloading is going to be important... or you could master the New York Reload. ;)

The trigger pull (as I've heard from others) is long and a bit spongy feeling. No way around it without doing some polishing on the internals. This will be your biggest hurdle to accurate shooting, unless you have revolver experience or have shot DOA autos for a while.

The Airlights are suppose to buck good. Again, only way around it is to go with steel. Houge bootgrips are nice if you got the hands for em.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
Re: Smith and Wesson Model 442
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:58:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I am definitely going to the 442, its a nice looking handgun. I'm going to go for it
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's