Author Topic: Magpul PTS 75rd PMag (BLACK)  (Read 3441 times)

KillerDragn

• Trade Count: (0)
Magpul PTS 75rd PMag (BLACK)
« on: June 26, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
Order Location: AirsoftPost.Com (EVIKE)
Price: 88.00 USD ($) -BOX SET-
Quantity: 10
Individual Price on Evike: $10

I recently ordered 10 PMags in black from evike, They arrived in a Nice Green Box with all 10 Magazines individually wrapped and with a small piece of tape sealing the mouth's on the bags, The box itself had only 2 pieces of tape, a Regular piece and a nice Holographic Metallic seal with "FOR TRAINING AND SIMULATION USE ONLY" around the sticker, with the magpul logo in the middle.

Upon taking one out, the texture and feel is above any other magazine i've used, the finish they use is grade A in my opinion, can easily grip it with or without my gloves.

They feed perfectly and I have tested each one in my gun (G&G Combat Machine), No mis-feeding or jamming, goes in the magwell great with some wobble (Nothing massive, All my other magazines did this, I believe my magwell is slightly larger than others or "Worn down", cheap plastic...

They actually are marked 75rd on the box, but on the magazines them selves on top say 80 (They hold about 88) , on the bottom sides it says, PMAG 30RD, near the top just below a imprint of a Bullet with 5.56x45 (on the opposite side of the magazine catch), it says

MAGPUL PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
     & SIMULATION DIVISION
----------------------------------------
         FOR TRAINING AND
       SIMULATION USE ONLY

On the Magazine catch side, it has another bullet imprint with 5.56x45
below is a vertical Magpul Logo followed by MAGPUL PTS

so it appears to be decked out with full trades.

On the bottom of the magazine, the bottom plate can be swapped to add a Ranger plate.

In the pictures the finish appears to be shiny, it is completely Matte!

I give it a 10/10 for Extra-Ordinary Build Quality and finish, and am extremely satisfied I bought them, and with the price, I'll definitely be picking up more soon.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline pballeraz

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Magpul PTS 75rd PMag (BLACK)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »
I have several of these mags and they are possibly the best mags I have ever owned, never jammed, always loads fast, and holds the perfect amount of ammo. Definitely deserves the 10/10 you gave it. Great Review!

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »
Your rug is red.

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
Your rag is white.

Offline Revolution Airsoft

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 09:45:07 PM »
There's a Crunch Berry underneath that fridge.   Family Guy reference  :lol:
Nik Armitage

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:38:31 PM »
I just find red flooring unusual and tacky.  Of course the only person I've ever known who used red as a primary color when decorating his house was like flaming gay so that could be effecting my opinion.

But, I'm not sure what you mean by "you kids".

In regards to the subject matter at hand, you might want to mention that you can't really use actual genuine P-Mag ranger plates with the green label mags.  For whatever reason, Star removed the locking lip the ranger plates need.  Star makes their own green label ranger plates which stay attached and are substantially cheaper but look/feel like crap.

Offline Crono0001

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://jagxops.com
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:22:47 AM »
I own 4 STAR Pmags.  They used to feed into my M4 (with lipo) perfectly.  Recently, however, I find them very lackluster in their ability to get bbs through the hop up, and require fidgeting to get them to feed.  I've used the mags on multiple guns, and have even lubed them down.  I can only conclude that the spring inside them is crap, and has worn (which is also crap, because I never kept them loaded outside of a game).

They look and feel okay, but compared to the non-STAR Pmags, there's a huge difference.  The STAR is glossy and shiny, while the non-STAR are rough.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »
Quote from: "KillerDragn"
Quote from: "XavierMace"
I just find red flooring unusual and tacky.  Of course the only person I've ever known who used red as a primary color when decorating his house was like flaming gay so that could be effecting my opinion.

But, I'm not sure what you mean by "you kids".

In regards to the subject matter at hand, you might want to mention that you can't really use actual genuine P-Mag ranger plates with the green label mags.  For whatever reason, Star removed the locking lip the ranger plates need.  Star makes their own green label ranger plates which stay attached and are substantially cheaper but look/feel like crap.

Its a table cloth! RAGE!!!!! :3

I know about the ranger plates, a Airsoft version is sold on EVike in the magazine accessories section... but are $6 each..

No, you mis-understood.  You have Green Label P-Mags, not PTS P-Mags (yes, I know it has the PTS label on the box).  The $6 PTS ranger plates are for the PTS P-mags (IE the $30 mags).  They will not work properly on the green label P-Mags.  You need the Green Label P-Mag Ranger plates for your mags.