Author Topic: sasco: RED ROCK RAMPAGE I oct 15 06 0800hrs to 1300hrs  (Read 11960 times)

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
sasco: RED ROCK RAMPAGE I oct 15 06 0800hrs to 1300hrs
« on: September 26, 2006, 03:39:21 AM »
Oct 15 RED ROCK RAMPAGE I
yes there will be a RRR II if this goes over well enough, it will be a camp op if your interested

This is our attempt (team SCUM) to stage a game between Tucson and Pheonix at the SASCO site west of Red Rock.

We wanted to extend an invite to the palyers from all parts of Arizona, this is not a AA sponsored game, but it is still okay to play with us though, we just hoped to expand our range of targets to some new faces from up North.
Just to keep it simple we wanted to run a capture the flag scenario, two teams. Turn out will drive this game, the more folks that show up the more we can do.
And to keep it more real no hi-cap mags, 60-70 round standard fine but 30 rounders would be better.
There is a bunker type building there for cqb, flater type grounds to the east for open fighting and then there are the hills to the west that over look the entire area.

The game is simple, if any is down for it:

tan of any type for aggressors (Pheonix shooters) possibly the larger force we hope

greens solid or woodland equiv.  for us Tucson bums, we will run as the locals and their helpers.

Two flags and two or three smaller objectives like, find and destroy propaganda radio blasting load music, next find local tribesmen and capture or kill them, locate and clear several hard point bunkers that may or may not be manned,, some advissors may be there to help the locals, they too have a base that must be taken care of.

Do all this with out losing your own flag or HQ. If there are way more players from one city than the other we don't mind if you don't. We are accustomed to being out manned down here anyway.

Your ideas are welcome ofcourse, it will be your game too.

at this time we have no less than 10 players in Tucson ready for this game, any takers? More details for this can be found at our local website for airsoft in Tucson: Tucson Airsoft Coalition.com

Thanks for your time, hope to see you there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by aztacgunfighter »

Offline supporter

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.goarmy.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 06:47:19 AM »
Age limit? And where is the field?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by supporter »

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
red rock
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:05:33 AM »
Red Rock is south of Picacho peak park exit, but before the exit for the Evergreen air port- repair center.

From the exit it is about 10 miles west of mostly dirt roads, if you do not have a 4x4 we can provide shuttle ride from the exit out to the site. The road is okay but there is a stream, creek, river to cross at two or three points of the route, you lowered car or sedan will not clear the water or the big bumps going out of the creeks.

I will do a search on map quest and get the exits and mile markers noted for players that have not been to  this site yet.

ask away, or pm me questions, whatever I can do to help out.

'krash' in,of tucson

Offline holyhandgrenade

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://themikecam.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 03:40:55 PM »
This sounds pretty sweet. Anyone up for carpooling from Tempe or vicinity? My car was hit by someone running a red light and I'm currently without wheels. :( I'll chip in for gas, of course.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by holyhandgrenade »

Offline Bow-tie Assasin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 04:43:12 PM »
Did you get permission to play there? IDK, but iv'e been hearingseveral rumors on how it's private property and they dont allow anyone to play there anymore. If we can then thats great, I havent played at SASCO for over a year now. It's by far the best CQB area ive experienced (if roof play is allowed).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bow-tie Assasin »
"First There"
Never Quit!

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
sasco
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 05:38:25 PM »
the very best 'I' could do was drive out to the ranch that is next door, they own the "rights" to graze cattle in that area and "he does not mind us" the owners are in Tempe, they do not want anything upsetting the rancher first off, and second they are not building there in any way shape or form any time in the near future, we asked!

It is next to blm land at some point but no one goes out that far, folks still shoot real steel out there, the day we were there about 10 paintballers were out running around, they go out there almost weelky as they stated never had any troubles. Except for when it was flooded, the roads that is.

The owners are no where nearby and if the rancher is not calling the cops they do not want to know about us out there.

They have way bigger issues out there, turns out the coyotes and runners like to use that area of the dessert to hide stuff or people back in the hills behind and around the old sasco site.

all we have to is respact the land and not get hurt & sue or upset the status quo.

If they were going to close it off they will need to string alot of barbed wire fences and post the heck out it, too much cost for the results. the bums and illegals would destroy them anyway.

Offline howrangi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/howrangi
game
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:13 PM »
Are ACU's good for the Phoenix team?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by howrangi »
The sword is a weapon of peace. With this sword I stand ready to defend my lineage, my family, my friends, and always, always our blessed country.

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
acu's?
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »
For any one with similar or the same question: I think it acus or marpat or dpms... anything you have bring it. We are just happy to get folks to show up. If there are issues game day regarding uniforms or sides we can set it straight then.
 Are the acu's more green or more tan?

Offline southpaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 07:12:22 PM »
oh... i'lll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by southpaw »
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
roster red rock rampage 1
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 09:50:51 PM »
This is a very early roster. I know there are more shooters that will be coming but so far these are the names I have been given.

tan: acu, marpat, desert tiger

Southpaw
P.T.L.

green: woodlands

Smoothcat
Loki -  if broken foot healed
Bio - SCUM CO
Twitchy
Krash
Dammit -!st Gren Div. CO.
Brachra
Patalac
Bubba

Wow, tucson looks heavy, I am sure Pheonix will surprise us with a few more palyers.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:03:18 AM by aztacgunfighter »

Offline PolandsLeftTesticle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »
- Put me down as a maybe for either side.

\PLT
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PolandsLeftTesticle »
Quote from: \"SHIHAN\"
I never knew that three inches was the minimum length for a handgun barrel. I guess all of the anti-gun politicians wont be able to register their penises.

Offline howrangi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/howrangi
game
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 11:07:43 AM »
Sorry but where is this place so i can google it.  i'm new to that area.   NOOB here.    :lol:  The plan is for me and 4 other guys showing up at 1800 sat and staying the night but we gota leave at 1200 the next day.  but i think we should make it.  let me get back with ya'll on SUnday.  that will be the definate answer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by howrangi »
The sword is a weapon of peace. With this sword I stand ready to defend my lineage, my family, my friends, and always, always our blessed country.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 11:22:53 AM »
Mike, get on Google Maps and follow the I-10 south to Ex 226, I think. Red Rock, it's called. Then go west a bunch, on SASCO Road.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
road to sasco
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 11:41:32 AM »
the sasco road is pretty bad if you have a car, trucks or 4x4s would be the best type of vehicle. There a couple creeks that have to be crossed and you will not make it in a regular car.

If any one is going out there the day or night before then i wil show up to help guide or shuttle players in my truck or help with any of the set ups folks may wan to bring out , like cammie nets or tents.....heck if there are enough guys there the night before we could do some bunker runs in the old building thing that is still there.

this is the first of many games to come. It may take a couple tries to get the turn out and to organize it so it runs smooth with little or no problems and most important no one gets hurt.

I have two emt's with our team so there will be Corpsman on the field to help any one that has the need. I think there will be another team coming that will also have another certed corpsman with them.

Just send me your name as soon as you know you can come. I will post them up as they come in, this is getting me motovated,

SHOOTERS FRONT AND CENTER,  sign up or be left wondering "why didn't i go to this thing?"
It will be fun!

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 12:36:25 PM »
I once knocked myself out on my own steering wheel trying to brave SASCO Road (on z-rated tires) during an awful rainstorm which turned the road into a goddamn rally track.

I made it pretty much all the way in a Honda Civic that clearanced the ground by about a coke can.

Note : pretty much all the way ain't all the way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu