Author Topic: your collection  (Read 4947 times)

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: your collection
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 01:18:53 AM »
Quote from: "Polie"
@ m-79_Grenadier

You have some REALLY nice firearms there!

Tell me about you Super Blackhawck, what serial number range is it in and is it the early "pre-bar" model?  I have a very low serial number one that has been completely re-worked.  I inherited it from my father, he used toi use it for slow fire competitive shooting.  They are really nice revolvers.  Oh and mine is a .45 Colt. I prefer it over the .43 Mag. :) (and yes I did type .43 on purpose, I like to tease about how the .44 Mag is actually a .43 diameter bullet>) lol

I have been wanting to get 2-3 SKS's for a while, I guess I should have done it WAAAY before the Presidential election seeing how they are now double the price.  If you ever want to do some trading, let me know :)

Thanks!

Lol sorry for the late folloup though I havent been on in a while.  :roll:

I dont know if the pistol is early or late model, the serial is 82-077XX and it does have a transfer bar. Its really a blast to shoot, but they always get loose at the frame screws. The pachmyers help with the recoil a bit too.  

That SKS I bought for $100 bucks.  8)  That was like a year ad a half ago too. I bought it from some guy who couldnt figure out why it was jamming. When I got it and stripped it down the action was totally dry, and the bolt and bore looked like it had never been cleaned. After I cleaned it up and got some lube in there I havent had a jam one. Guess weapons maintenence is a foreign concept to some people lol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline Polie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: your collection
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 02:42:04 AM »
ok thats the later model, I was hoping someone would have a pre-bar like mine.  I really would like another one, but in .45 Colt. lol  A matching pair. lol

They really are fun to shoot, and whenever I get the tickle I take it to the range and light off some of my HOT handloads.  It usually makes people look at me and go WTF?  One time these 3 Japanese tourists where at SCG next to me and I let them shoot it for a while, needless to say I had to give them a little history lesson on the cartridge.  After realizing thats the cartridge of John Wayne they where really into it. lol  I would put 5 target loads and one hot load in there and whirl it around and let them find it. lol  There is really nothing like smoking out the indoor range with a hand cannon. lol

I have a EAA Witness Match .45ACP I might consider trading if you have something. lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Dude! Your ride is sick as fuck!"