Author Topic: Banning Backyard Airsoft, a plea.  (Read 6326 times)

Offline LosAlamos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Peoria Airsoft Team Forum
Re: Banning Backyard Airsoft, a plea.
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
What I find funny about this is that no one who went to the games at 45th and Union Hills haven't commented yet. Therefore I got a good story :)

I went to one of their games last saturday for the first time and their location is in a small canal surrounded by houses, right behind an elementary school (keep in mind kids didn't organize this---adults did). While I'm driving up, there are people walking down the streets with airsoft guns slung over their shoulders. When I got there apparenlty they have been playing there for something like 10 years now and the whole neighborhood is cool with it (they play there every tuesday thursday and saturday). Not to say that we should all go shooting in our own neighborhoods, but i just thought this would be a cool exception to mention
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Peoria Airsoft Team
Peoria, Arizona
www.peoriaairsoft.com

Offline kman94

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »
Quote from: "LosAlamos"
What I find funny about this is that no one who went to the games at 45th and Union Hills haven't commented yet. Therefore I got a good story :)

I went to one of their games last saturday for the first time and their location is in a small canal surrounded by houses, right behind an elementary school (keep in mind kids didn't organize this---adults did). While I'm driving up, there are people walking down the streets with airsoft guns slung over their shoulders. When I got there apparenlty they have been playing there for something like 10 years now and the whole neighborhood is cool with it (they play there every tuesday thursday and saturday). Not to say that we should all go shooting in our own neighborhoods, but i just thought this would be a cool exception to mention
So the cops just rollin through there would be cool with it too right? Oh wait.. stop before xaviermace comes in here and molests you. GO! NOOOOOW!!! GET TO THE CHOPPAH!!!

Offline zachbusch

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 01:41:01 AM »
would anyone be interest in a game with only  clear walmart aeg's  with full auto 1 hicap mag and your out  rules? ... i would...  8-[
call sigh: EZ           (EZ41)

SVT (602)
ADF (602)
Team Thearpists (858)
8Bit Senshi (858)

Offline Rd maul

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Call your Shots!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »
I still dont understand why people dont just play at the fields people have, playing in the backyard is not only restricting and very unsafe, its just plane boring.

Just stick to playing on real fields guys, I'd like to keep Airsoft Unbanned so I can play it!

Offline Bish0p

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 04:12:14 PM »
Quote from: "Rd maul"
I still dont understand why people dont just play at the fields people have, playing in the backyard is not only restricting and very unsafe, its just plane boring.

Just stick to playing on real fields guys, I'd like to keep Airsoft Unbanned so I can play it!

Agreed! I have a friend who enjoys airsoft but will not play at events because he refuses to pay to play, even though fields offer $20 for all day.
Deuteronomy 31]

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »
Quote from: "Bish0p"

Agreed! I have a friend who enjoys airsoft but will not play at events because he refuses to pay to play, even though fields offer $20 for all day.

I too am a huge proponent of free fields, there are many free games to attend if you look for them. Safe and legal as well.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Bish0p

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
Quote from: "Exarach"

I too am a huge proponent of free fields, there are many free games to attend if you look for them. Safe and legal as well.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to tell him that.
Deuteronomy 31]

Offline Crono0001

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://jagxops.com
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 06:54:49 PM »
I think it'd be funny to make a fake game for all the backyard airsofters.
Have them go to the airport and break out their guns, see how many armed security they can shoot.

I'm quite sure the kids will call their hits for sure  [smilie=armata_pdt_01.gif]

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Don't tread on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
After many attempts in the past to combat this it was ultimately the reason I left AA two years ago.

Thank you for stepping up the game and making this post.
Team Phantom(Retired),2006-2013
Six Charlie

Offline xtremeairsoft

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
Quote from: "KillerDragn"

Spending $$$ on gear is one thing. But even paying $20 to play @ a place is abit much if you want to play often, +most/some places require you to use their bb's.

There is only one place that you have to use their BBs, Vanguard. Why are you saying most/some if it is just one place???
Zach Parks

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »
paying $20 to play @ a place is abit much if you want to play often

Keeping a field running is expensive, so they can't afford to charge less for admission.  Not to mention that they have to make profit, or else they would have no reason to keep spending their time on the place.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline DangleBanger

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 10:38:36 PM »
I agree completely.
Don't "get some", Marines! Go get ALL of it!!!!

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »
Quote from: "I Slap Fat Kids"

Keeping a field running is expensive, so they can't afford to charge less for admission.  Not to mention that they have to make profit, or else they would have no reason to keep spending their time on the place.

That's one way of looking at it.  But if you charge half as much and get more than twice as many people, you come out ahead.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 11:25:11 PM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"
Quote from: "I Slap Fat Kids"

That's one way of looking at it.  But if you charge half as much and get more than twice as many people, you come out ahead.
I agree with both you guys. I'm at Fort Adobe almost every Sunday now, and while I do recognize that $20 for all day is a decent price, going regularly you definitely start to see the bill adding up. That said, I think a good middle ground between both sides is to offer membership programs. $100 and you get $10 admission for a year + a free bag of bbs when you sign up + 6 free guest passes or something like that.

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 01:49:36 AM »
I have NEVER paid to play, beside national OP's. That money you spend to pay to a field can be spent on gas and munchies to get you out to some great games held by local folks on this board. If you really want to experience the fun that this hobby brings me let go of the distance thing and come out to games at AO's like MT.Ord, Four Peaks, SASCO etc. There are a ton of games, on any given weekend that are only a relatively short drive away. If you don't have the means find someone that does. There's plenty of us. Heck I'll even volunteer to take some, if you're of age (18). Only rule I abide by. Don't let the drive be the obstacle to what his hobby is really about. If you can't afford the drive you probably can"t afford the hobby.
"Oderint Dum Metuant"