Author Topic: Want to upgrade ares g36  (Read 1489 times)

Offline edgarcia59

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Want to upgrade ares g36
« on: April 13, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »
I want to do a few upgrades to my gun so that it can perform better outdoors, so I got a few questions and want to know if anyone can help.

1)I want to be able to push a 130 spring in my ares g36c.  I know that in order push a spring like that do i need a just 9.6 battery or better?

2)I know that in order to push that 130 spring I also need to upgrade my gears to high torque gears, but need a better motor.  What kind of motor should I get?

3)is there anything else that I need to get or do?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
It takes work to know how to live, dying is easy.

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
Re: Want to upgrade ares g36
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
IMO, In order of importance:

1) Motor
2) Gears
3) Gearbox

I don't think battery plays into how your spring gets pulled, correct me if I'm wrong.  It all depends on the torque of the motor and composition/strength of the gears.  Plus if the gearbox can't handle the power, you may crack it.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline edgarcia59

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:57:06 PM »
Quote from: "derekr44"
IMO, In order of importance:

1) Motor
2) Gears
3) Gearbox

I don't think battery plays into how your spring gets pulled, correct me if I'm wrong.  It all depends on the torque of the motor and composition/strength of the gears.  Plus if the gearbox can't handle the power, you may crack it.

well I asked about the battery cuz a tech told me that I would need it for heavier springs. Thanks for the input though.

Offline icorus16666

• Thieving Bastard
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »
hey did you have your gun in at vanguard because i think that you should not upgrade that gun at all without eliminating that blowback. I did not work on that gun but what turned out to be wrong with it? Is all you want to do is shoot 400 fps at around 15 rps. Then i think that a airseal tune up will work out for you with a m120 spring and a 9.6 battery.
bet you mofo's wish your sig could do this. haha

Offline edgarcia59

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »
Quote from: "icorus16666"
hey did you have your gun in at vanguard because i think that you should not upgrade that gun at all without eliminating that blowback. I did not work on that gun but what turned out to be wrong with it? Is all you want to do is shoot 400 fps at around 15 rps. Then i think that a airseal tune up will work out for you with a m120 spring and a 9.6 battery.

ya that was my gun and the blowback is disabled now.  Apparently one of my gears snapped and they were replaced with stock gears.  but would a airseal tune up really do the trick?

Offline rodrimaru

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »
Dang !! that G36 is a beast !!! here at VFW....  if you upgrade it  you will have to much power for CQB... , i don't know about vanguard but they only use guns 350-400 ..  or even 330 -350 .your G36  is good for you playing here at VFW, if you use more than 400 FPS  ... DAMMMMNNN !!!  that's gonna HURT a lot..... any of us here in yuma have a gun to mach yours....maybe , maybe my AK but i never use it at the VFW.

sadly here in yuma we dont have to many people to play and sometimes we bring kids at VFW  , and i know you are a great player b cuz you are NOT the kind of NOOB that shoots kids full auto at close range, and i know that bcuz you did shoot LITTLE MAN (my nephew) and you just shoot at him in semi. 2 times or 1 at close range. and thats cool.

but more FPS for here at VFW JUST for those kids will be to much...(i just tell you this for the kids) for the rest of us i guess its ok no problem haahhaha

sorry for gramma

i was trying to upgrade my SCAR for field games too

but in first place..

you need a better spring !!!  130.
then new gears
re-shim the gearbox for 8mm
new piston, piston head
new Hi torque motor
and a new gearbox shell
and a 9.6v battery so you can pull that spring and dont force the motor

second just for more accuracy at long range

tightbore barrel 6.01 or 6.03
new hard hop up bucking

better buy a new gun...with hight FPS.

thats why i just fix the hop up problen with a new hop up chamber and a new bucking and now works fine !! a little crazy in auto but no big deal ...

i just leave my scar working fine for VFW shooting 350 -400 bcuz we play more at CQB than field games.

but dont worry if you want a really good gun for field games and want to upgrade your G36 DO IT !!! its kind of fun.
 the only gun i upgrade is my AK.... and i just put the  a tight bore barrel 6.03 with a new hop up bucking and reshim the gearbox for 8mm for KINTER , maybe i'll try a 9.6 battery but that just increase my RoF  but NNAAA im ok with the RoF i have now.

hope this will help bro .....

:-)

Offline icorus16666

• Thieving Bastard
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
what ever was said in the post above me yeah you can do all that but throwing parts at a gun is not always the best way to go. I would follow these steps and hopefully it will give you what you want.
1) find a bucking that others have found to work well in a g36, i dont own one that i want to upgrade so i would try a systema for starters.
2) put the correct size oring on the piston head
3) oring air nozzle if it already doesn't have one installed.
4) get the matching orings for the cylinder head and cylinder
4a)use teflon tape on cyl head t give you better seal
4c)by a KWA g36 2gx cyl and piston set(amazing compression and reasonably priced for the seal you get), This is what i would do if i had the money
5) Tbb if you already don't have one
6)Use a 120 spring anything above that you are upgrading the lower end.(motors, gears, and all that jazz)
I dont want to see your gun in the shop alot and if you run a hotter spring you will be seeing us more often.
Hope this is clear.

Btw going with step 4c bipasses 2 and 3 if the nozzel isn't proprietary
bet you mofo's wish your sig could do this. haha

Offline rodrimaru

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 09:30:28 PM »
im just trying to help "icorus16666"  hahahahah  :-P

Offline edgarcia59

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 10:57:36 PM »
Quote from: "icorus16666"
what ever was said in the post above me yeah you can do all that but throwing parts at a gun is not always the best way to go. I would follow these steps and hopefully it will give you what you want.
1) find a bucking that others have found to work well in a g36, i dont own one that i want to upgrade so i would try a systema for starters.
2) put the correct size oring on the piston head
3) oring air nozzle if it already doesn't have one installed.
4) get the matching orings for the cylinder head and cylinder
4a)use teflon tape on cyl head t give you better seal
4c)by a KWA g36 2gx cyl and piston set(amazing compression and reasonably priced for the seal you get), This is what i would do if i had the money
5) Tbb if you already don't have one
6)Use a 120 spring anything above that you are upgrading the lower end.(motors, gears, and all that jazz)
I dont want to see your gun in the shop alot and if you run a hotter spring you will be seeing us more often.
Hope this is clear.

Btw going with step 4c bipasses 2 and 3 if the nozzel isn't proprietary

awesome thanks for the input, I can scratch off number 1 for sure since i upgraded the hopup chamber and bucking.  But i will make sure to only use a 120 at the most for now.