Author Topic: Legal issues involving orange tips  (Read 642 times)

Offline nemisissy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Legal issues involving orange tips
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:42:43 AM »
Now I was doing some research because of a conversation between some of my teammates on the federal requirements for orange tips. Now I have even heard some people assert that the orange tip is not even a federal requirement and this is what I found from secondhand sources. 6mm (0.24 in) orange tips are required when imported to the united states, but are not required when in the field. Personally I was always under the impression that the painting or removal of the orange tip was illegal, but we all did it anyways. I am just looking for more clarification on this subject, always helps to know about the laws that apply.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse.." -John Stewart Mill

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Legal issues involving orange tips
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:55:59 PM »
Quote from: "KillerDragn"
not do anything stupid.
Worth more than following any laws.
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Legal issues involving orange tips
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »
Quote from: "Toast"
Quote from: "KillerDragn"
not do anything stupid.
Worth more than following any laws.

This.

Keep the mindset that even though airsoft guns aren't firearms, many people will perceive them as such upon first glance. Don't assume that a police officer will instantly know that you are just carrying around a Classic Army M15A4, they will see someone with an assault rifle, feel potentially outgunned, and react as such (usually meaning that all hell will break loose).
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.