Author Topic: Good AEG gun  (Read 647 times)

Offline coolhandluke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Good AEG gun
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »
I’m looking for a solid AEG rifle/machine gun. I know in airsoft circles that authenticity is often cited in reviews. I don’t care if my gun looks like a toy just as long as it has the following attributes;

85% of score
Reliable shooting – I’m tired of guns just pumping air when I need them the most
Accuracy – Airsoft is not very accurate by nature so every bit of accuracy counts
Low maintenance while shooting – I hate having to check my roll up dial on the magazine every minute. The gun should shoot when I pull the trigger period.
FPS – I mostly use it in close quarter combat. The site I use most limits FPS to 330F/PS using .20g ammunition. I will consider a faster gun separately.
I just want a sure gun could care less about 90% of what the reviews seem to consider important!

15% of score
Adaptable rail system – Enough for a fore grip, flashlight and red dot sight. Possibly a laser sight in the future. Note these attachments should be interchangeable amongst any other guns I own.
Adjustable or collapsible butt stock – Agility to adjust to tight CQC situations
Sufficient sling attachments – Just something to hang on between rounds.

What I don’t care about

Authenticity – A gun is a tool it just needs to work like one.
Every part being metal – I realize that my need for reliability will likely require metal gears, receiver and barrel. But I don’t tend to mishandle my gun so ABS plastic on the rest is acceptable.
I don’t plan on upgrading this gun at all via springs, gearbox, etc. Other than generic attachments I just want a gun that I can rely on.
Model of gun – Mostly irrelevant to me. It seems that popular models are the M4, AK47, SIG 551/552 but I really don’t care.

Thanks ahead of time I appreciate any feedback.

Offline Tiedyeftw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant
  • custom custom custom custom custom
    • View Profile
Re: Good AEG gun
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »
Hi there, check out my Echo1 mp5. Full metal, shoots flawlessly, flawless gearbox(never have to maintinence), shoots 315fps, Rail system, Reliable mags, and more!
if you're interested, just PM me. Price is OBO
http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=34083.0  (scroll down to the middle of the page)
I realize that while most people suck, there are still some genuine characters that exist out here. I'll show my appreciation by being genuine in return.
Love the sport.

Offline Dayton

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
Sounds like you want a Polarstar. ;)

Low maintenance while shooting – I hate having to check my roll up dial on the magazine every minute. The gun should shoot when I pull the trigger period.
This is not the gun, this is your magazine. Either you have really really crappy high cap magazines, your shooting A LOT, or your not winding them up all the way.  Wind them up before you start until they start making a different clicking sound when you wind it up. It doesn't hurt to over-wind them, in fact, you can't over-wind them. The spring will just slip into the next groove when it's fully wound, and reset it's self (which is what that different sound is that I told you about).

Or you could be a man and use Mid Caps. :P Never wind a magazine again.
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
I’m looking for a solid AEG rifle/machine gun. I know in airsoft circles that authenticity is often cited in reviews. I don’t care if my gun looks like a toy just as long as it has the following attributes;

85% of score
Reliable shooting – I’m tired of guns just pumping air when I need them the most
Accuracy – Airsoft is not very accurate by nature so every bit of accuracy counts
FPS – I mostly use it in close quarter combat. The site I use most limits FPS to 330F/PS using .20g ammunition. I will consider a faster gun separately.
I just want a sure gun could care less about 90% of what the reviews seem to consider important!

15% of score
Adaptable rail system – Enough for a fore grip, flashlight and red dot sight. Possibly a laser sight in the future. Note these attachments should be interchangeable amongst any other guns I own.
Adjustable or collapsible butt stock – Agility to adjust to tight CQC situations
Sufficient sling attachments – Just something to hang on between rounds.

What I don’t care about

Authenticity – A gun is a tool it just needs to work like one.
Every part being metal – I realize that my need for reliability will likely require metal gears, receiver and barrel. But I don’t tend to mishandle my gun so ABS plastic on the rest is acceptable.
I don’t plan on upgrading this gun at all via springs, gearbox, etc. Other than generic attachments I just want a gun that I can rely on.
Model of gun – Mostly irrelevant to me. It seems that popular models are the M4, AK47, SIG 551/552 but I really don’t care.

Thanks ahead of time I appreciate any feedback.
if you want something for indoor thats reliable i'll link some guns below i think would be good.
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_672_700&products_id=31813  ( G&G mp5 combat machine, great gun cool blowback and very well built)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2336 ( galaxy mp5k, great little gun for cqb, works well and pretty cheap)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7966 ( combat machine m4 by G&G these things work really well they have very nice internals and I have noticed there hop up is very solid and responsive)

HIGHLY Recomended:  http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10378  (KWA CQR, you really cant go wrong with this, has the best internals hands down for a sub 200$ gun, 330fps too. Only problem is you will need a battery and charger)

The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...