Author Topic: Entry Quiz  (Read 10917 times)

Offline LIGACHEIF

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Shut up ya f**kin pog
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Quiz
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »
Age warfare? The kids arent even allowed to buy firearms, how hard can it be.

To be honest though, people under 18 arent even allowed to purchase an airsoft gun. That being said they shouldnt have had reason to sign up for this forum to begin with. The first time I saw this forum I was 15, saw that the games were 18+ and didnt look at this site again till 3 years later, so as you can imagine I have little sympathy for kids that want to airsoft with adults.
Legaly, a minor cannot purchase an airsoft, paintball, or other gun. However, that minors legal gaurdian can purchace the minor an airsoft gun, even though they are under 18. Even their siblings cannot purchace airsoft guns for the minor if the siblings are 18+. That is the legal side. So, in the end, minors cannot purchase an airsoft gun, so all of your arguments are valid. But, if the parents approve, they hopefully do relize that thier children are in potential danger. If they are hurt, it is technically the parents fault and not the shooter, because the shooter is doing what he loves to do and the parents are too ignorant to think that they are putting their kids in danger if they are not wearing the correct safety gear like goggles or eye protection and mouth gaurds.
Hue City, 1968 RTO Impression

AA's resident Olde Timey Impressioner

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »
Okay, the flaw in that is once the suit papers start flying, anyone with money, real property, or insurance becomes a defendant.
Real World outcome, I've seen it happen.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »
What makes you think you're "entitled" to play with adults?
because i got two Bs and one C on my report card. Lol  :P

I used to support minors on the forum but now after being here for a little while I disapprove of most of them because of the way some act and report to their mother after they fell and got a boo boo. The thing ive noticed is that alot of kids play for the the thrill and call of duty like amazingness. Not much mil sim. And i notice they come unaware of any gun controll. Finger off the trigger, dont look down the barrel, just dont do stupid stuff. Its just common sence they lack. But hey, there alot of adults who lack alot of common sense..

Ya know, after reading this for a little while. I like the idea of a paid account. I heard from chip it was really good back then.  But heres my suggestion make it impossible to sighn up without entering a date of birth. Allow any age so it allows kids to use there real birthdate. If they sighn up under the age of 18+ then they dont get allowed certian privilages. Like posting a topic, posting pictures, ect..shure they can always lie about age but itll help the kids who put it in. It just helps.

But i really like the idea of a paid account gets you into a private forum. Makes it harder for kids to spend money and get theyre parents to use theyre paypal for them..
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline LIGACHEIF

• Sergeant First Class
  • Shut up ya f**kin pog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »

I used to support minors on the forum but now after being here for a little while I disapprove of most of them because of the way some act and report to their mother after they fell and got a boo boo. The thing ive noticed is that alot of kids play for the the thrill and call of duty like amazingness. Not much mil sim. And i notice they come unaware of any gun controll. Finger off the trigger, dont look down the barrel, just dont do stupid stuff. Its just common sence they lack. But hey, there alot of adults who lack alot of common sense..

Ya know, after reading this for a little while. I like the idea of a paid account. I heard from chip it was really good back then.  But heres my suggestion make it impossible to sighn up without entering a date of birth. Allow any age so it allows kids to use there real birthdate. If they sighn up under the age of 18+ then they dont get allowed certian privilages. Like posting a topic, posting pictures, ect..shure they can always lie about age but itll help the kids who put it in. It just helps.

But i really like the idea of a paid account gets you into a private forum. Makes it harder for kids to spend money and get theyre parents to use theyre paypal for them..
Im 14 and i play because i would like to join the military after taking ROTC in college. Im very interested in guns and i dont complain, but your point is valid that there is a vast majority of 13-16 year old "Codsofters".

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »

Im 14 and i play because i would like to join the military after taking ROTC in college. Im very interested in guns and i dont complain, but your point is valid that there is a vast majority of 13-16 year old "Codsofters".
I beg to differ On that age.
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »
And i notice they come unaware of any gun controll. Finger off the trigger, dont look down the barrel, just dont do stupid stuff. Its just common sence they lack. But hey, there alot of adults who lack alot of common sense..

This is a valid point. Kids with no proper firearm experience have no idea how to safely handle an airsoft gun. While it's not real and doesn't pose the same level of danger when improperly handled, one mistake can still lead to disaster, such as a missing eye, imbedded BB, chipped tooth, etc. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've heard the refs at any field (Figthertown, Fort Adobe, and Vanguard) tell the kids, "No firing in the staging area!" or "No blindfiring!" or the WAY too common "KEEP YOUR EYE PROTECTION ON!"

I'll be it, that is more of a problem to be solved at the fields themselves, rather than on the forums. Maybe anyone under 18 must undergo a basic 1 minute safety tutorial by one of the refs before entering the game?

More on topic, requiring the inputting of your age in order to create an account still wouldn't  a) Do anything about the people who already have accounts, and  b) Stop kids from simply lying about their ages on their profiles.

To the minors who don't support the 18+ only games; that's just the nature of the sport. I suffered through it, many others suffered through it, and you must suffer through it as well. If anything, it will give you that much of a greater appreciation for them when you finally get to that point.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:47:50 PM by xXmusicimpactXx »

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »
I am 13 and i have been through hunter/shooting ed classes and am a registered hunter in AZ and New Mexico, and i belive that i am safe around guns including airsoft, paintball, pellet, etc.... I know that some kids younger than me and maybe even my age are not that smart and mature, bu there is a handful of them (including me in my opinion) that arent stupid. Just cause there are people who are doesnt mean all of us should be banned.
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »
I am 13 and i have been through hunter/shooting ed classes and am a registered hunter in AZ and New Mexico, and i belive that i am safe around guns including airsoft, paintball, pellet, etc.... I know that some kids younger than me and maybe even my age are not that smart and mature, bu there is a handful of them (including me in my opinion) that arent stupid. Just cause there are people who are doesnt mean all of us should be banned.
You would be the rare exception of your age group as far as your experience with firearms, but I am glad to hear that you have some.

You forgot to mention kids older than you as well, however.

Offline LIGACHEIF

• Sergeant First Class
  • Shut up ya f**kin pog
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
Same, with some exceptions. My dad raised me to have common sense around firearms in all catagories, although i dont have a hunters liscence or anything super fancy.

Offline Wolfz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2012, 12:03:38 AM »
The moment I bought my first airsoft gun, my dad sat me down and taugt me gun saftey. He holds several state titles from shooting compitions, ect., so I make sure to follow all the rules he has set in place when it comes to any type gun, be it paintball, airsoft, or real. I act as mature as I can about the sport, because I am not about to be the one who blows it for everybody. Its just a few simple lines on paper between having an eye, or putting it out (or someone elses for that matter). Rare exceptions are we?
Don't try to argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience.

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:38 AM »
The moment I bought my first airsoft gun, my dad sat me down and taugt me gun saftey. He holds several state titles from shooting compitions, ect., so I make sure to follow all the rules he has set in place when it comes to any type gun, be it paintball, airsoft, or real. I act as mature as I can about the sport, because I am not about to be the one who blows it for everybody. Its just a few simple lines on paper between having an eye, or putting it out (or someone elses for that matter). Rare exceptions are we?
Everyone knows that on your eighteenth birthday, your pituitary begins secreting a hormone that makes you respectful, responsible, and most importantly, incapable of suing someone else for being injured during an airsoft game. It also has the side effects of making cigarettes not cause cancer and making you incapable of causing a car crash.

I thought everyone knew this, honestly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:12:16 AM by Fresnel »

Offline bailey5671

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2012, 12:22:05 AM »
Everyone knows that on your eighteenth birthday, your pituitary begins secreting a hormone that makes you respectful, responsible, and most importantly, incapable of suing someone else for being injured during an airsoft game. It also has the side effects of making cigarettes not cause cancer and making you incapable of causing a car crash.

I thought everyone knew this, honestly.
    Wow it all makes sense now.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline bailey5671

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »
if u want to charge people go ahead but if u are going to charge per post at least make it a donation to ron and his family. they need it more than we need money for our used guns and gear. he and his familys losing their business and going thru kemo and stress from hospital bills and and finances to keep himself in good health and to pull thru this sucessfully. pay it foward and give the money to someone in need or donate it to an animal sheltar. they need it more than you do, and your new vest, or AEG that u just have to have will still be there, dont be selfish and do some good.
You are about a month late.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline Dayton

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2012, 05:58:07 AM »
I have a better Idea. Donate it to our schools, so they can teach this upcoming generation some grammar and spelling.
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline deathbydanish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
I think perspective can easily resolve this issue, but getting both sides to see the other side's point of view is what seems to be the problem here. A little bit of understanding could probably be given by the older users, but I think I share their sentiments with the phrase, "Give an inch and take a mile". A lot of the older users don't wake up in the morning and think to themselves, "Who's coffee should I shit in today?", but their tolerance for what seems to be the standard for what younger posters deem acceptable is understandably low. It wasn't something that happened overnight, we didn't all just gather at 4 Peaks one night in hooded robes decide to just turn the crotchety old man switch on and just piss all over your corn flakes. This current crop of new, young players certainly isn't the first and won't be the last group that this board has to deal with. The problem as I see it, is that a lot of the newer players don't seem to be learning the norms as it is practiced by the older AA community at large. Don't get me wrong, this isn't to say that there is an expectation that all new players will learn and integrate into the community (regardless of age), but it looks to me that we are getting lower and lower numbers of new players who seem to ingratiate themselves with the currently established AA community. The concern here is that the new generation is "doing it wrong" and that they will pass this on to other new players if no one speaks up about it. Granted, how an older generation AAer speaks up about it could be a little more diplomatic, but again experience has shown that diplomacy will be met with either apathy or outright hostility. It is an uphill battle for you new guys, because you also have to deal with all the bad experiences from the earlier groups of new people that have burned into the memories of the older guys. Initiative should be taken on both sides to engage in more civil discourse, but as it stands, you new guys definitely do have to step up, it is not fair that you are being lumped in with past groups of new guys, but that is just the way it is. Don't act like you're rocking an extra chromosome all the time and things will get better.

On a side note about the "Grammar Nazi" remarks, it is true that it can be seen as a sign of OCD when someone nitpicks a post for even minor grammatical infraction, but the perception here is that if you don't take the time to review your post before you hit the post button, then you probably didn't put much thought into your post to begin with. Why should we read something that only took you the time it takes to type it up on your smartphone and post it? I wasn't timing how long it took me to make this post, but I've read it over several times before hitting post. This all goes back to xaviermace's comment about not treating this message board as a real time chat room, you are not under the gun whenever you post here, so stop treating it like that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:03:15 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.