Author Topic: Entry Quiz  (Read 10882 times)

Offline theFlyingTrumpet

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Quiz
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »
That was very well put deathbydanish....

Since I've been on a couple of other forums including a car forum for my car, SHOforum.com, I can say from experience that AA is much more tolerant of n00bs and plain stupidity than SHOforum. The admins on SHOforum are very banhappy, and kids either smart up, get banned, or get ridiculed off of the forum. This leads to a very mature environment, although with it being an auto forum there aren't going to be many kids under 16....

Before I joined up on AA, or even SHOforum for that matter, I spent hours just reading stickied posts or using the search engine to get a feel of the forum and identify the admins of the forum as well as the guys who knew what they were talking about. I initially only made an account to RSVP for stuff, because most of the information I need can be found with a quick search.

I wonder if part of the reason many of the younger kids treat the forum as a chat site is because of social media sites like Facebook. I'm still relatively young at 20, but I didn't have a Facebook til 17, and FB is not a forum. And this forum is not Facebook.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:45:38 AM by theFlyingTrumpet »
Mazatzal Security Solutions - MSS Airsoft Team
"Medic! Medic! ......GINGY!!!!"

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 05:34:54 PM »
Quote from Fresnel [/quote] Everyone knows that on your eighteenth birthday, your pituitary begins secreting a hormone that makes you respectful, responsible, and most importantly, incapable of suing someone else for being injured during an airsoft game. It also has the side effects of making cigarettes not cause cancer and making you incapable of causing a car crash.I thought everyone knew this, honestly.
[/quote]

For sure, for sure :)

Just for S**ts and Giggles review Google 'Maturation of the Prefrontal Cortex', may explain some things related to several things that go on here, and even in the field with some Airsofters, I do expect this will surprise some of the forum members...

Just the medical $.02

Also as I belong to forums that have members around the world it seems that when people are not able to play with their toys outside, cabin fever sets in and sometimes attitudes tend to set in with the boredom of cabin fever...

I also note that those forums that one pays to belong to are much more positive and less sniping, makes it really nice, IMHO :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:39:02 PM by Old Dog »
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline theFlyingTrumpet

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2012, 12:52:55 AM »
+1 on  the cabin fever for sure. I know I'm going crazy with my gear sitting on a shelf collecting dust. Can't wait for next weekend's Fightertown game.....
Mazatzal Security Solutions - MSS Airsoft Team
"Medic! Medic! ......GINGY!!!!"