Author Topic: Credit where due  (Read 6076 times)

Offline chainsaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 10:39:49 AM »
I would like to thank ron pryde and 1trooper for helping me get into this sport or hobby whichever you prefer more. They have guided me and awnserd many of my questions, also thanks to ogre i now have a better understanding about the guns and parts. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by chainsaw »

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 10:41:59 AM »
Oh, I'm still around...  I just don't have a lot of time.  Between work, home and family, I don't have a lot of spare time.  I still have all my airsoft stuff and occaionally even buy another airsoft gun, but it has been quite a while since I have been to a game.  Eventually I'll be back, I'm sure.

Thanks for the props as well.  Mike/Airsofter1 deserves the recognition for taking over the reins of running and organizing the AA games.  azsarge, Raith, TheRev and Kamikaze (don't forget Harley - heh) all deserve thanks for keeping the forums going - and well oiled.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2005, 11:26:04 AM »
Ok, this group seems to understand where I'm going with this. Thank people often friends.  Mean it.  Take time to put down the sniping and say "this person did something cool..."  There is nothing better when I help another person out, -bust my tail or not, when they recognize that I *at bare minimum* gave them, and their opinion some thought/respect and turn around to give the same to me.  A good attitude, though often thankless, can mean the greatest significance to others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rook »

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
how could i forget ethan, the man behind the jt counter who is always willing to let me sleep on his couches after I'm off work and play with all the guns when no ones in the shop. thanks ogre!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 02:37:06 PM »
I would like to thank a few guys as well.  When I first started out I only had a pistol, there were some guys who would lend me there AEG when they were killed next to me. "here take this"  Oh boy, I tried my best to treat it like glass.  Some of these guys were Greg, Christian, Scott (Shifty1944), and Jay.  Then I had meet some more guys who also helped me out greatly when I had an AEG and some problems. Scott (Taz) and Harely I want to thank you for your help as well.    Then there are those guys who spend alot of time planing our AA games and working the boards, Thanks Mikey, Curtis, and all the Mods and especially Paco for this great site!  Finally I have been helped out by so many different people it would be a long list, but heres just a few, Ron, Gixser, JoJockAmo, Woody, Kurn, and Raith.  Thanks for all of your help and comments guys, keep being yourself!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 07:22:15 PM »
Paco, I’m totally looking forward to meeting you sometime.  
Everyone who has posted on this thread, you’re keeping it on topic, and in good taste.  More people are starting to get into the sport, and this kind of good attitude goes a long way.  As I noted before, a lot of people have made a huge difference.  
–MAD- SARGE, I recently encountered the same thing being new…  I told a few others that I’ve only got a GBB so far, and two people told me right away they’d lend me an AEG if I could make it to a game.  I’m not trying to make a huge statement, or recommend lending out gear every chance you get.  I’ve been chatting with a dude I recently met who has been doing the “wash springerâ€￾ thing for a while, and starting to take an interest.  I’ve hung out with him a short time on a few occasions at JT Tucson.  The impression I get from him so far is where I was not long ago…  â€œThe sport is cool, the toys are great, and …there truly is a community of players who care.â€￾  I anticipate we’ll see him out at an AO before too long.  Keep it up, promote the sport in a positive way and do as Rufus says in Bill & Ted, “Be excellent to one another!â€￾  
ok., my bad, that was lame, but still...

Offline Mugen

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 08:19:27 AM »
I suggest..(since this is a suggestion thread) that we all try and get together for some pizza, or something....if we all get to gether as brothers and sisters then we will get to be on a personal level with eachother.  Then we can better understand one another...learn eachother's weaknesses and EXPLOIT THEM!!!!!!!!   :twisted:  Muahhhahahahaha!!!    

But no really, it would be nice if we could all try and get together for some food.  It would be fun and we would be able to meet all those we HAVE met on the field..but also those we know only by avatars and names on AA.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mugen »
It was once believed that Chuck Norris actually lost a fight to a
pirate, but that is a lie, created by Chuck Norris himself to lure more pirates to him. Pirates never were very smart.

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 09:17:07 AM »
Hrmm.  With some planning, we could pull that off.  Perhaps after a game?  Before we pick a place/time, a show of hands?

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 09:23:59 AM »
Quote from: "Rook"
Hrmm.  With some planning, we could pull that off.  Perhaps after a game?  Before we pick a place/time, a show of hands?

A lot of us already go and eat together before or after a game, show up to games, play THEN worry about hanging around.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 09:37:12 AM »
Well once you guys start going to a few games you will find out most of already do meet up after games
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 09:43:21 AM »
Then lets not center it around a game, but rather just a time for the crowd to hang out.  No face protection required.
I put up a quick poll.

Offline Reaver

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://teamfe0.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 09:51:41 AM »
I'd like to thank Paco and Mikey as well.  This forum has been a big lynch pin in keeping the airsoft community together.  Thanks guys.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Reaver »

Offline Bullseye

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 10:57:38 AM »
Well, just to add to the "mutual admiration" thread :)...

Personally, Id like to thank Scott "Reaver" Harders and Chris "Psycho" Ard for introducing me to Organized Airsoft, Ron B at JT for helping build the enthusiasm, and Mikey for all the help that AA has brought to the state's Airsoft Community.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bullseye »
Field Cmdr, Fatal Exception

He who dies with the most toys...
... is still dead. http://www.tucsoncoalition.com http://www.teamfe0.com

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 12:00:03 PM »
Quote from: "gixser13"
Well once you guys start going to a few games you will find out most of already do meet up after games

He hit the nail on the head.

Some of us even go shooting together, and take walks in the sand.  And some of us actually hang out outside of airsoft games!  

:lol:

It's ok, I was new once too.  It just didn't last this long. :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53:39 PM »
This has nothing at all to do with being new...  A good suggestion came up, and I'm trying to facilitate making a positive thing happen.  The remark you made about "some of us" is exactly what I'm trying to get past.  Yeah, I hang out with others as well; but this is an offer extended beyond just the group of people I usually hang out with.  There are people I haven't met, and people I usually don't hang out with.  Maybe folks that haven't been out to a game, or do so less often would like to come & hang out as well.  I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable by suggesting a friendly gathering for people who -want- to do so.  I've already heard from 8 people in the last hour since that post who would be up for it.