Author Topic: WE SCAR  (Read 1422 times)

Offline HavHav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
WE SCAR
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:23:01 PM »
What seems to be the general consensus on this? I've looked at videos and reviews, but a lot of the people writing the review seemed like it was their first weapon, and the videos were 15 minutes of 'uhhhh, this is a......30 round clip, the firing in pushes this out of the chamber pipe'.

So who here has one, what are your chief complaints, and did you feel it was a good value? They look good so far, I just want an informed opinion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
Re: WE SCAR
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:29:33 PM »
From my dealings with them they are a cool backyard plinker, but to make one field ready takes alot more money and work than its worth.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 09:54:19 PM »
Even shooting in the upper 300's with CO2 mags? What do you consider it to be lacking?

Offline Rogue Fox

• First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:06:58 PM »
Quote from: "HavHav"
Even shooting in the upper 300's with CO2 mags? What do you consider it to be lacking?

You have to buy an NPAS to start just to be legal, I remember being at a game where someone snuck in a stock WE Scar without an NPAS using C02 mags, it was shooting in the 600s.

Its also very likely that part of the trigger mech will break very early on. The mags are pricey, and with the ones I delt with the seals had to be changed on many of them withing weeks of buying them. And from what I've seen out of my team mates scar, the range and ROF were  less than my stock ICS M4.

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 10:14:43 PM »
That is the sort of stuff I need to hear. Did the seals just need to be upgraded once with a better ring or what? They only have 30 round magazines, so ROF is irrelevant for the most part to me. Thats really the only downside I've seen so far, unless I'm retarded and there are midcaps out there.

Offline Rogue Fox

• First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
The seals that needed to be replaced were a peice of rubber goes around the rim of the mag  from front to back, Im having trouble finding them right now. The gun is fun to shoot, and the WE platform is a better base than the AGM or JG, so if your dead set on building a GBBR the WE Scar isnt a bad place to start.

I dont know if your state side right now or not, but if you are I would try to get with someone that owns one so you can shoot it and see how you like it. And upgraded Scars pop up on here every so often so I'd check the for sale section every once in a while for them.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:28:08 AM »
That is the sort of stuff I need to hear. Did the seals just need to be upgraded once with a better ring or what? They only have 30 round magazines, so ROF is irrelevant for the most part to me. Thats really the only downside I've seen so far, unless I'm retarded and there are midcaps out there.

All of WE's GBBR's (and most other GBBR's in general have the same issues).  They shoot far too hot stock (often over 500 on Co2), they use far too much gas which causes cool down), they break far too often (ask Hector about his AGM M4), they are fairly inaccurate.  The KJW M4 with Travis' parts seem to be about the only GBBR around that's achieved any sort of reliability.

However, even then, you are still talking about buying a $400 gun that uses $40 mags and immediately having to upgrade it just so it doesn't blow itself up.

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 02:37:30 AM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"

All of WE's GBBR's (and most other GBBR's in general have the same issues).  They shoot far too hot stock (often over 500 on Co2), they use far too much gas which causes cool down), they break far too often (ask Hector about his AGM M4), they are fairly inaccurate.  The KJW M4 with Travis' parts seem to be about the only GBBR around that's achieved any sort of reliability.

However, even then, you are still talking about buying a $400 gun that uses $40 mags and immediately having to upgrade it just so it doesn't blow itself up.

G&P WOC's are about $600, require very little modding for reliability, and shoot about 360 w/ .25's out of the box on Propane/Green Gas.  Mags are the expensive part.

I've since spent far more on my WOC, but she'll be worth it once I get to using her.

Eventually the bolt stop area on the Bolt Carrier will wear out, so will the nozzle tip (and consequently the nozzle too), another 260$ on the RA Tech Steel Bolt + NPAS and aluminum nozzle portion should get you up and running with very little headache.

I also hear that the Viper Tech GBBr's are not horifyingly bad, and should be very reliable (considering there is video of a guy cycling the dang thing for 10 minutes using an HPA rig with only one stoppage which was cured by racking the bolt again) and the price is reasonable too.  

As for the WE Scar?  I've only ever seen three, and all three have the same issues regarding the stock breaking off, which WE supposedly fixed in the newest generations.  They seemed like decent bits of kit, but I never saw one shot at any sort of range so I can't comment on long range performance.

airsoftkk

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
i saw your posting, this is my new account my other expired,anyways the we scar sucks so bad as a gbb rifle. It is decently constucted externals, the internalls are poorly made and designed. The stock parts are terrible and will need to be replaced with aftermarket parts. The aftermarket parts are expencive and not much higher quality than the stock but they will hold up longer, and improve accuracy and fps. The gun has terrible accuracy and bad fps. The sytem is terrible on gas and holds low amounts of bb's for the price.I woudn't recomment getting it because of built quality, price (i spent about 800 on everything proboably more), and last over all performance was disapointing