Author Topic: Me + fogged goggles = unhappy me  (Read 3980 times)

Offline CRYOFRACTURE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Me + fogged goggles = unhappy me
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 12:12:26 PM »
From what I can see from all of the thread discussion. The oakley flaks are way sleeker and seem more usable with scoped weapon systems. Going to have to try hard to find the frams onsale. Have any of you tried getting these from a liscensed optomatrist? I'm going to ask about them when I go to my eye appointment sat. See what I can find. Maybe its possible to get them through a glasses plus sunglasses deal, substituting the sunglasses for the taks. Long shot but I'm curious as hell.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »
Quote from: "CRYOFRACTURE"
From what I can see from all of the thread discussion. The oakley flaks are way sleeker and seem more usable with scoped weapon systems. Going to have to try hard to find the frams onsale. Have any of you tried getting these from a liscensed optomatrist? I'm going to ask about them when I go to my eye appointment sat. See what I can find. Maybe its possible to get them through a glasses plus sunglasses deal, substituting the sunglasses for the taks. Long shot but I'm curious as hell.
The only real deal on a set of prescription oakley lens' will be if you are a Dealer, Military, LEO or somehow get lucky. I looked all over.. Try oakleyvault.com for the frames.

Offline CRYOFRACTURE

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
Ok thanks for the link. While I'm typing, are regular glasses allowed in replacement of tak gear?

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
Ok thanks for the link. While I'm typing, are regular glasses allowed in replacement of tak gear?
Not unless you want to lose an eye. It needs to be ANSI z87.1 2003 certified or higher. That test is kind of roughly equivalent to taking a shotgun blast at 35 ft. Can your eyeglasses do that?

Offline CRYOFRACTURE

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 08:48:52 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and say.......no lol. Being visually impaired blows.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and say.......no lol. Being visually impaired blows.

Contacts fix almost every glasses/goggle interaction. lolz.

Offline COINops

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 01:02:00 AM »
Quote from: "TheBoy988"
What did the ESS goggles run you with the Rx inserts?

don't know bout ESS, but if you got to:

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/inde ... N=47678410

you can get 75% off retail for oakley products with prescriptions.  I've got 20/20 vision but i've bought thru them and got oakley A Frame Assaults for $28.00, which i wore in Iraq and Afghanistan and never had a fogging problem, even after sweating on long patrols, and the lenses held up pretty well to dust and blowing sand.  I also got half jackets from them for $32.00.  Can't say anything about shipping cuz they ship to APO's for free.  

P.S. you only get the discount if you have a military ID you can fax them a copy of.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2010, 01:20:11 AM »
Quote from: "COINops"

you can get 75% off retail for oakley products with prescriptions.  I've got 20/20 vision but i've bought thru them and got oakley A Frame Assaults for $28.00, which i wore in Iraq and Afghanistan and never had a fogging problem, even after sweating on long patrols, and the lenses held up pretty well to dust and blowing sand.  I also got half jackets from them for $32.00.  Can't say anything about shipping cuz they ship to APO's for free.  

P.S. you only get the discount if you have a military ID you can fax them a copy of.

Perhaps you forgot, but when you signed up for US Standard Issue with Oakley you agreed to a non disclosure in which you would not discuss openly the discounts you got. So don't. [-X

And this discount is not just for military. Actually the Us Standard Issue program extends to Military(active, reserve, air corps etc), Law enforcement, government agencies, hell..even the US Postal Service gets the discount.

Oh, and...I don't think you got them for that cheap.. The prices are more like 50% off. The discount is standard throughout the program.

They will ship to any address, APO's are still free, otherwise shipping is FEDEX 2 DAY.

Offline COINops

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2010, 10:23:54 AM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

Perhaps you forgot, but when you signed up for US Standard Issue with Oakley you agreed to a non disclosure in which you would not discuss openly the discounts you got. So don't. [-X

And this discount is not just for military. Actually the Us Standard Issue program extends to Military(active, reserve, air corps etc), Law enforcement, government agencies, hell..even the US Postal Service gets the discount.

Oh, and...I don't think you got them for that cheap.. The prices are more like 50% off. The discount is standard throughout the program.

They will ship to any address, APO's are still free, otherwise shipping is FEDEX 2 DAY.

actually the agreement is not to purchase and resell at full price. as for the post office thing gotta call you on that.  only those with a DOD issued ID card.  so unless their retiree's, reservists, guard members or VA members than no the post office does not get discounts.  And yes I did pay that much for them,  have you bought from them? or did you just get your information of their front page?

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »

actually the agreement is not to purchase and resell at full price. as for the post office thing gotta call you on that.  only those with a DOD issued ID card.  so unless their retiree's, reservists, guard members or VA members than no the post office does not get discounts.  And yes I did pay that much for them,  have you bought from them? or did you just get your information of their front page?

If you look on the Standard Issue sign up page, it shows you who all qualifies.  IRS, DOJ, NASA, Judges, District Attorneys, etc.

Its most all Military and Government.
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »
A member of my family is in county government and they're not even remotely law enforcement.

They qualify and their demographic is actually specifically called out.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »

actually the agreement is not to purchase and resell at full price. as for the post office thing gotta call you on that.  only those with a DOD issued ID card. so unless their retiree's, reservists, guard members or VA members than no the post office does not get discounts.  And yes I did pay that much for them,  have you bought from them? or did you just get your information of their front page?

False.

I know to the penny what the USS pricing is for all products, as well as the pricing for small and large volume dealers. My information is correct. I do not believe at any time half jackets were being sold for $32.00. This might be from oakley vault or another type of deal but not directly from USS.  The current USS price for them is almost twice that.

Offline COINops

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 02:49:51 PM »
which freaking model of half jackets are you buying...the platinum ones?

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »
which freaking model of half jackets are you buying...the platinum ones?
The normal half jackets and XLJ's are priced the same through USS with grey lens'. The Polarized model is about $25.00 more.

Offline COINops

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 04:14:28 PM »
I know what i paid for them...whether you wanna call me a liar is up to you, i have nothing to prove and i won't entertain your flame.