Author Topic: New Paint Job  (Read 2997 times)

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
Re: New Paint Job
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
If you increase the density of darker patches, it will be a more effective camo pattern.

I think that might just be the flash/light because Aervoe digital brown (at least the cans I have) is quite dark.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline AE86_sr20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 12:11:51 AM »
wow, that's a really good paintjob. i tried doing something just like yours in the past...was a failure. ahaha it looks nice!

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »
Looks like a fellow Star Wars fan. What work are you doing on that clone trooper helmet in the background, Katabatik? I'm just finishing up some work on a Boba Fett helmet myself.

Offline Katabatik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 12:12:49 AM »
Quote from: "Kodiak"
Looks like a fellow Star Wars fan. What work are you doing on that clone trooper helmet in the background, Katabatik? I'm just finishing up some work on a Boba Fett helmet myself.

Yup, the clone helmet is actually Ryan's from Steelworks. We are modifying the Hasbro helmet to make it screen accurate. Several of us are part of the 501st (http://www.501st.com) and the local chapter (http://www.duneseagarrison.com).

I am a huge Fett fan myself. Here are few pics of me in my ESB Fett, that I made...this is version 2.0 and a 5 year project...ugh.. a labor of love.

Kata

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 12:47:55 AM »
way too much time on your hands... :-k

Offline AE86_sr20

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 01:43:43 AM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
way too much time on your hands... :-k
lol

Offline Rd maul

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Call your Shots!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »
NO NO guys thats not time on his hands thats love
here are some pics of my Darth Maul

Offline Katabatik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »
Nice

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »
That's a Fett and Darth Maul to be proud of. I'll post up pics of my ROTJ helmet as soon as I work out my problems with the visor. I have the stuff I need for the body armor, but I'm still not sure whether I should do the whole thing. If I do I need to do it right.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 03:11:56 PM »
Quote from: "Kodiak"
That's a Fett and Darth Maul to be proud of. I'll post up pics of my ROTJ helmet as soon as I work out my problems with the visor. I have the stuff I need for the body armor, but I'm still not sure whether I should do the whole thing. If I do I need to do it right.

Well, when you do, you should probably make a new thread about it.

And PS - your signature is retarded.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"

Well, when you do, you should probably make a new thread about it.
Yeah. Sorry for derailing the thread. The author didn't seem to mind though.

Offline COINops

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 12:45:25 AM »
Quote from: "Katabatik"
Quote from: "axisofoil"
Still in for answer about bi pod..looks pretty good though. Gonna be doing some experiments with duracoat soon..

A lot of people mount the bipods 'backwards' like that. It's easier to extend it for people with short arms from what I understand, and if you're using a cheapy harris clone, then it won't fold up when you lift your head up a bit (moves your shoulders ever so slightly back)

That being said... twist that thing around! it makes it so much easier to carry slung, and it looks better forward. ;)
Ah, well I don't have sausage links for arms so that isn't a problem. Just mount it how it was meant to be..

LOL..the bipod is like that because I'm a retard and not paying attention. It took me about 20 hours over 4 days to paint, tape, untape, dry etc...this thing and just wanted to get it back together.

to the "just mount it how it was meant to be" comment....we had lots of Officers telling us you can't wear this pouch here or attach this light there because its not CI, or CO SOP.  Even if he hadn't mounted it that way out of mistake, the way a person sets up their own gear is usually done because its more comfortable to them or functions better for them the way they have it.  Sorry to speak up but I found that comment kinda condescending.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
Quote from: "COINops"
Still in for answer about bi pod..looks pretty good though. Gonna be doing some experiments with duracoat soon..

A lot of people mount the bipods 'backwards' like that. It's easier to extend it for people with short arms from what I understand, and if you're using a cheapy harris clone, then it won't fold up when you lift your head up a bit (moves your shoulders ever so slightly back)

That being said... twist that thing around! it makes it so much easier to carry slung, and it looks better forward. ;)
Ah, well I don't have sausage links for arms so that isn't a problem. Just mount it how it was meant to be..

LOL..the bipod is like that because I'm a retard and not paying attention. It took me about 20 hours over 4 days to paint, tape, untape, dry etc...this thing and just wanted to get it back together.

to the "just mount it how it was meant to be" comment....we had lots of Officers telling us you can't wear this pouch here or attach this light there because its not CI, or CO SOP.  Even if he hadn't mounted it that way out of mistake, the way a person sets up their own gear is usually done because its more comfortable to them or functions better for them the way they have it.  Sorry to speak up but I found that comment kinda condescending.
It's a Harris style bipod.. It was designed specifically to be mounted in the forward way. Would you mount an EOTECH backwards?

Offline COINops

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »
Quote from: "COINops"

It's a Harris style bipod.. It was designed specifically to be mounted in the forward way. Would you mount an EOTECH backwards?

now thats not even the same thing.  Even tho it was mistake some push forward on their bipod and some pull back,  like i said it's all personal preference, and no i wouldn't mount an EOTech backwards,  but would you wear a left handed holster if you were right handed? (maybe if i was a person that felt more comfortable crossdrawing when transitioning between weapons)

Offline Ghillieman

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
Nice paint job, now get to work on the barbie jeep and you can have yourself one sweet tactical vehicle
I\'m a lead farmer