Author Topic: Posts required to sell...  (Read 2021 times)

Offline busta_cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Posts required to sell...
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:00:13 AM »
Can we make this a little more like azshooting was? Where you either needed X amount of posts or just get approved by an admin in order to sell stuff. I am seeing that just about every other new topic is some one just logging on to sell something with a poorly written for sale ad, with no pictures and barely legible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
Re: Posts required to sell...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »
One poorly written for sale ad is better than 10 poorly written/ necroposting/ offtopic / get your post count up so you can sell your crap posts.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:36:19 AM »
I think it's fine the way it is. If someone posts on here just to sell something, I don't see that as a problem. If the seller has a poorly constructed post, no pictures, and a bad description, then the item probably won't sell and the post will fade into obscurity.

If any changes should be made, it should be a minimum requirement to the structure of the selling post itself. Failure to meet those minimums will result in the post being deleted. Repeated posts from the same seller with the same issues could result in a warning, then a ban.

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
Quote from: "Nil8r"
I think it's fine the way it is. If someone posts on here just to sell something, I don't see that as a problem. If the seller has a poorly constructed post, no pictures, and a bad description, then the item probably won't sell and the post will fade into obscurity.

If any changes should be made, it should be a minimum requirement to the structure of the selling post itself. Failure to meet those minimums will result in the post being deleted. Repeated posts from the same seller with the same issues could result in a warning, then a ban.

+1

Thats how TAC does it, if the Ad doesnt meet the minimum requirements they delete the post, after a warning. Same goes for the posters as they break forum rules. Theyre more protective of thier name. Then again they dont have as many forum members as AA.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:09:55 PM »
We do that here, too.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Ghillieman

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 11:09:12 PM »
Good idea, same with the WTB section. Lots of very vague requests. "I want to buy a sling." So go to freakin' Walmart and buy a sling! The thread ends up being filled with, "what kind of sling?" questions. Maybe people are just too lazy to do their own research for the kind of gear they want, I don't know.
I\'m a lead farmer

Offline War savage

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 10:30:24 AM »
Here is the link everyone should be reading before posting items for sale.
http://airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5425

As for people with small post counts. In the link above, it states that they can be a scam. I agree.
They also should be required to post a picture of the items for sale.

Offline d.prather

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »
I've noticed an increase of spam recently. It gets annoying seeing the same posts under different names, but as Ganef said, its better than 10 off topic/ necroposts.