Author Topic: OPERATION: RED DAGGER, May 9th-11th  (Read 27615 times)

Offline museumofmilitaryhistory

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
OPERATION: RED DAGGER, May 9th-11th
« on: November 28, 2007, 09:54:01 PM »
Operation: Red Dagger
Sponsored by: The Museum of Military History, MAC-V
DATE: May 9th-11th (FRI-SUN)

This is our second event, our first, as most of you know, was Operation Balkan Hammer. This event is focusing on the instability in Belarus. In this Scenario, The Government of Belarus attempts to join NATO. The SFOR is sent in as a gesture of goodwill to show support but then things do not go as planned.

NOTE: We will be using a new expanded area West of the Barracks facility. We will have the web site up soon covering the rest of the details for our event.

Any questions? Chad Lares (480) 208-6926
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 08:50:11 AM by museumofmilitaryhistory »

Offline AirsoftBen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »
Awesome count me in!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by AirsoftBen »
OP Bull Dog 2 : Marines 1st Squad
OP Balkan Hammer : Rangers

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 07:04:46 AM »
Sweet, count on my support as well.  Let me know if you need anything from me or those I can influence.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kileyhaz »
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 05:18:38 PM »
Yea, I'm there!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
For those of you interested in the setting before we get the web site updated: http://www.airsoftchallenge.com/forum/ to get an idea about the current situation both with Russia and Belarus. There is a lot of bad blood, both with NATO and the Russians, political corruption, etc...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by museumofmilitaryhistory »

Offline BLKKROW89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 07:33:30 PM »
i would love to go to this any plans on transportation? Or where exactly is this field?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by BLKKROW89 »

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 07:53:50 PM »
Camp Navajo Army National Guard Training Depot is located approximately 11 miles West of Camp Navajo off the I40, exit 185. We will have a website dedicated to this Event up and running soon. To give you an idea of what we do, simply go to http://www.combatchallenge.org. Then click on OP Balkan Hammer for details of the facility and vehicles we are bringing. Or get in contact with a lot of the guys on here that have been to our events before. Instead of me selling my our event, I would rather have people that have been there give you an un-biased opinion. Oh, The Regiment will be coming out again from California along with other groups.

Chad

Offline Ghostsequel

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:19:21 PM »
Quote from: "museumofmilitaryhistory"
Or get in contact with a lot of the guys on here that have been to our events before. Instead of me selling my our event, I would rather have people that have been there give you an un-biased opinion.

Balkan Hammer f-ing rocked.  I'm in for this one, no doubt.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ghostsequel »

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:57:41 PM »
Word... Balkan Hammer was the shiznit.   8)

I'm down for another bad-ass event.  For a first, Balkan Hammer was just simply awesome.  I can only imagine that this event will be even better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
Balkan Hammer ended on a good note, that doesn't mean we stop trying. Chris, Mark and myself along with the event staff are working hard to make this next event twice as intense. By using real world crisis as a background, it gives plausibility to the scenarios. Oh, there will be more armor too, larger battlefield and other challenges. Unit Commanders are urged to train in new deployment/ tactics to deal with these new threats or the below post will be written by you:
"ARMOUR! Right side" is shouted out. Shanks is up with an AT round, ready to kill it. Then he crumples to the ground, dead. I see Woody and move to him. "This is going to HELL, Woody. We are on our own, Mate." The armour passed us, and for a moment we might be able to get out. Wrong, it stops and we see the bastards pointing at us. We give them the good news of seeing us, two full mags in their face. I see some bodies fall back from our fire, nice. "Bound back Woody, to that tree!" as I look up to see the front of the Serb half-track bearing down on us…

"Go Woody, GO!" I call out. I can hear him behind me. No! What I hear is that horrible sound of clanking metal and an engine being gunned. That sound is telling me Woody is dead and it's coming for me. Run Heath, run your ass off. You’re going to make the tree line and give some hate back to those SOB's. Make them pay for the Gang, Seth, Jared, and Woody. I'm going to make it.

I feel the first burst hit my shoulder. Thud… thud… THUD followed by more impacts on my legs and right arm. 5 Yards, I missed the tree line by 5 yards, goes though my mind as I collapse to the ground. I can hear laughter and cheering. It's those in the track gloating over the kill. ME! "Sorry Mate's. I tried..."

- Heath, The Regiment

A tragic end to an excellent unit.

Chad

Offline airsofting4god

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:32:30 PM »
Will this event be free ??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by airsofting4god »
Primary:Custom M4

A \'touchy-feelie\' CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine sniper,asked,
"What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist."  The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."

Offline OCHO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 07:05:43 PM »
Nothing is free in life.

BK was bad ass.  I am in for round 2
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by OCHO »
Team Saguaro---Tango 1

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won\'t---Patton.

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 07:14:26 PM »
No, this event is not free. The cost of barracks, Dining facility, Range, Vehicle transportation, the meals and a long list of other things means that we have to pay for it somehow. For those of you new to our events. The registration fee is $160. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, We are on par with Lionclaws and other National Level events. Again, talk to the veterans of our first event. Where can you go for a weekend event where you have accommodations, meals provided along with the actual military vehicles on a military installation for what amounts to $80 per night? Oh, we do throw in the ammo.

Chad Lares

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 11:30:23 PM »
Will the NCO club be open and staffed this time?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
Love the re-use of the AAR there Chad!  It was our Serbian SF unit, which I had the honor of leading, in the track with Chad when we ran the regiment down, sheer excitement and an excellent memory to be sure.  

We were not so lucky with the ranger unit we pursued shortly afterwards, the took cover behind trees and cut our gunners down as we passed.  A tactic we took and used against the armored hummers later in the day when their strafing runs kept thinning us out before we could regroup.

BH was awsome, I'd expect nothing less of Red Dagger, and highly recommend the Combat Challenge program to anyone, its a steal even at the enlistment fee of 160 I assure you.  If anyone would like to chat about the event and my own experience I'll be happy tyo share, hit me up here or in person.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kileyhaz »
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"