Author Topic: Mod spring spacer problems  (Read 1218 times)

Offline COINops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Mod spring spacer problems
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:58:20 AM »
Okay so i opened up my bolt removed the spring and put a spacer on the spring seat.  Reassembled it and for some reason or another it won't cock.   Bolt still moves with normal action it just won't engage the trigger sear.  I've seen this done on the net in videos and on some sites that show step by step instructions and i followed them to the T.  I got frustrated and put it all back the way it was to begin with and it works fine, so i didn't get to try the whole pulling the trigger while cocking the bolt.  I have a 150 replacement spring kit so i'll probably just use that.  So whats going wrong with this darn thing??
I really wanted to just use the stock spring and spring guide with a mod that i got in the kit and keep the ones from the kit for another gun with a broken spring guide but i've already put so much into this one i might as well just use the the whole kit on the gun.  

MB05

mods already done:
replaced Piston (it was plastic so i got a metal replacement with the spring kit)
replacement barrel  6.01
fabricated flash suppressor M82 style, and fabricated a suppressor,  so i can switch them out at whim.
Desert paint job.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline COINops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Mod spring spacer problems
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
decided to stop trying to mod the spring guide and just replace the spring itself.  mostly from frustration, and partially from the fact the other rifle i had decided to split the upgrade kit with had its stock break in half, guess thats what i get for being thrifty.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »