Linked Events

• OP GREENHORN 2 : June 16, 2012

Author Topic: Team Phantom Hosts OP GREENHORN II June 16th  (Read 25729 times)

Offline Artac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
Re: Team Phantom Hosts OP GREENHORN 2 June 16th
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »
Hey this sounds fun, you count me in. I will have 3 buddies tagging along with another one that's a maybe. So just 4 spots for now please. On the desert team, thanks!

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • U.S. National Airsoft Federation
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 07:21:18 AM »
To appease the people who will complain about anything if they find a reason. The 450 has been reduced to. 415FPS with .25g but will still  respect the 50ft engagement rule.   415 is under 2 joules of energy.

I don't want to hear anything more about it. If you don't like it go play speed ball and a zombie match somewhere else. This is Mil-sim. Exactly why we setup the game as we did. 

Also to the gentleman that mentioned Polar star... This game has nothing to do with it. There will be no more discussion on this matter.

I simply don't care to hear people complain about an event that is held for free ... I understand your concerns about safety. however, keep in mind that a sniper still shoots 550 at other games and no one complains about that. 

End of discussion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:31:37 AM by TeamPhantom »

Offline chinole

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Chino Le
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 07:28:38 AM »
Is your team running polar stars still?
Cloudy with a heavy chance of M60 rain

Whiskey One Alpha
Support Gunner

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 07:32:56 AM »
Is your team running polar stars still?

Only two of us, and both of them are DMR setup for single shot only.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »
Except I wasn't intending on playing instead officiating.

Offline Rockit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Wes The Rocketman
    • View Profile
Re: Team Phantom Hosts OP GREENHORN II June 16th
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 02:04:23 PM »
Anyone not camping the Friday night before who could offer a ride early Saturday morning? I'm right off the I-17 so I'd be on the way for most anyone.
Harmful heat in my hugs hide,My lips are laced with cyanide
Never mind my medicine breath,Come hither for a kiss of Death...
Where there once were feely fingers, Now protrude poisonous stingers
Feel I'm left with no recourse,But to kill her with no remorse

Offline foxide

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
ill be running my polar star m4, capable of full auto at the limit determined by this game but dont worry...i know how/when to fire and usually stick to 3 round bursts :)
I'm a shadow, one that no light will shine on. As long as you follow me, you'll never see the day.
~Old Snake~

www.dc-ops.com

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »
I just want people to realize we are trying to setup the game to make it where people are more apt to think before they act in this game. We want people to develop a whole different outlook on how to attack a point instead of running in and gunning.  To enforce a more tactical solution on an objective than a typical airsoft OP.

Our whole thought about these rules surrounding the FPS is that. When you are assaulting an objective you would have to think twice about your plan of attack. That it wouldn't be so easy to take a flag, thus having to develop different strategies for each objective. So you will have your long range Rifleman and your short range.   Short range being those moving in on an objective with a sidearm.

We are simply trying to provide a different and possibly better experience to airsoft. If you have concerns that's understandable. That is what the IRC channel is for. Take all your concerns there. Several people have already logged in and asked questions. I appreciate everyone who has so far.

Team Phantom IRC page
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:22:32 PM by TeamPhantom »

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 03:24:26 PM »
FYI POLARSTAR OWNERS

Your Replica will be CHRONOGRAPHED at a full 120 PSI. If you Chrono hot at 120PSI you wont be able to use it .

Offline vibora

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Corporal
  • Mile High Airsoft
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »
How exactly is the thread for the event the wrong place to ask questions or voice concerns about the event?  I don't understand.  Like I said, I'm not trying to bash your event; I had a safety concern that I respectfully asked to be explained.  So, stop whining about people asking legitimate questions about your event, and unwad your panties.  I am not going to withhold my comments because you call your event "milsim" (whatever the hell that means anyway) or because it's free.  I want to come to this game, and I thought I would suggest a lower FPS limit.  In the end, the way you want to run your game is up to you, and I thank you and your team for rethinking that power limit.  However, don't subliminally call out myself or whoever else agrees with me with some childish response concerning "people who complain about anything if they find a reason."  I live and play airsoft in the same terrain that this event is going to be held in, and I actually haven't ever played speedball (unless you were talking about CQC, in which case, my last time playing that game type was in 2010).  Bringing zombie games up made no sense in the first place, so I won't even go there.  Where we play up here, 400fps w/.2g BBs has seemed to work for my team every weekend for the past 2 years, and I thought flags were hard enough to take without people camping them from 100 feet away.  So to really end this discussion (because I'm pretty sure I will decide when to stop giving input) do what you want.  It's your event.  I see my constructive criticism was taken poorly, and now that I know that I wasn't allowed to give my input about a free game anyway because it's free and says milsim in the OP ::), I will shut up now.

For cereal though, in response to your earlier comment, no one complains about sniper power limits being set where they are because they have a fairly long MED, and they can't rip a burst of full auto at 550fps w/.2g BBs.  I guess if someone wanted to use .2g BBs, they could, but I wouldn't be too worried about them hitting me outside 50 feet.  In reality, the operational muzzle velocity of an airsoft sniper rifle is a lot slower than that because they are using considerably heavier BBs than those players with AEGs.  To hit a respectable speed and range with something like a .43g pellet (a weight commonly used by airsoft marksmen), you have to bump up that power limit to 550 with .2s (a weight that is all but useless for sniping).  So, I'm getting hit with a heavier round going slower than everyone else's; definitely don't have a problem with that.  I also totally understand the need to plunk a guy with authority beyond 100 feet so that person knows they're dead; nothing more frustrating than getting that great sniper kill that the "dead guy" didn't know to call.

I will be attending with 2 teammates for Tan so far.  Some members were waiting to see if the FPS limits would come down, though, so we may have more.

Offline BullDog71ss

• FNG
    • View Profile
    • DC-Ops Website
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 03:40:45 PM »
Airsoft is a contact sport, you WILL get hurt playing. Adding another few fps to the regs wont make it any worse. Use discretion when shooting at people, especially if your gun is on the hot site, aim for parts of the body with clothing if you can and it will be fine.

Always use ANSI rated protection, and if you do not want to get hurt, don't play.

Offline Warlord

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Master Sergeant
  • CROSSFIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
Airsoft is a contact sport, you WILL get hurt playing. Adding another few fps to the regs wont make it any worse. Use discretion when shooting at people, especially if your gun is on the hot site, aim for parts of the body with clothing if you can and it will be fine.

Always use ANSI rated protection, and if you do not want to get hurt, don't play.

Perfect. Very well said.
Team Crossfire
Position: Any and Every

Offline Strongbrown

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »
Hey TPS guys, how goes it? I heard about this event from another friend today, sounds fun! Shadow, are you and Don Juan attending? It's my anniversary week, so I'll have to double check, but I'd like to attend if possible. I may even get Jared and Geoff out with me. :)

What if I don't want to get hurt, but I DO want to hurt others? Even though this is a free event, I'd still like to complain about random things just because it's a public forum! (just kidding. :)

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:05 AM »
If you are not on the list for attending please make sure you register on the page. This will help keep balance come guns up.

Register here
REGISTRATION FORM

RULES

Offline Rockit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Wes The Rocketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
Is there anyone not camping the Friday night before who could offer a ride early Saturday morning? I'm right off the I-17 so I'd be on the way for most anyone.
Harmful heat in my hugs hide,My lips are laced with cyanide
Never mind my medicine breath,Come hither for a kiss of Death...
Where there once were feely fingers, Now protrude poisonous stingers
Feel I'm left with no recourse,But to kill her with no remorse