Author Topic: Zombie concepts and costumes for Zombie Hunter Game CHECK WITHIN FOR IDEAS  (Read 17559 times)

Offline Shdsteel

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie concepts and costumes for Zombie Hunter Game
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
I'm hoping they implement ammo restrictions for survivors. I've seen it done before, and I think it works very well to add realism and tension to the game.

I'd laugh so hard when someone rolls in with 10+ mags and they're only given a single 90rd speed-loader to split with four people.
Dang lol that wOuld suck. You see me coming around the corner and can only fire off 5 BBs lol.

Offline Shdsteel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »
I'm hoping they implement ammo restrictions for survivors. I've seen it done before, and I think it works very well to add realism and tension to the game.

I'd laugh so hard when someone rolls in with 10+ mags and they're only given a single 90rd speed-loader to split with four people.
Dang lol that wOuld suck. You see me coming around the corner and can only fire off 5 BBs lol.
There won't be any ammo limitation but there will be only mid caps allowed.

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »

There won't be any ammo limitation but there will be only mid caps allowed.
You're kind of limited by the number of midcaps you can reasonably carry. I'm half-expecting someone to show up in this, loaded down with extra MOLLE mag pouches:

DA SPETSNAZ!

Offline Shdsteel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Well thats pretty reasonable. Id like to find mag pouches that look like that lol.

Offline Shdsteel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »

hehe

Offline Mandals

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
multicam pants
black t-shirt even though i wish we could wear full uniforms
shellback banshee plate carrier with 5 mags + 2 fast mags on my belt
PWS diablo
Shotgun slung over my back with 7 shells
1911 with  2 mags

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »
multicam pants
black t-shirt even though i wish we could wear full uniforms
shellback banshee plate carrier with 5 mags + 2 fast mags on my belt
PWS diablo
Shotgun slung over my back with 7 shells
1911 with  2 mags
Is this for para? Because multicam is in current use with SOCOM, USAF, and several regular army units.

Offline Mandals

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »
ya im on para, no by that comment i meant instead of a solid top i wish I could just wear my TDU multicam shirt

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 01:45:37 PM »
ya im on para, no by that comment i meant instead of a solid top i wish I could just wear my TDU multicam shirt
No no, the problem at hand is that multicam is in current use by the US military, and thus is a Military-faction reserved pattern. Looking at the rules though, what we intended and what we wrote are two wholly different things... the intention was that military would be able to use any current US military pattern (ACU, ABU, DCU, AOR1/2, MARPAT/DESPAT, Multicam), and para would get solid color jumpsuits, one-color uniforms (black pants/black shirt and such), or obsolete US military (tigerstripe and woodland, etc) or non-US military camo pattern pants (DPM, flecktarn, etc) with a solid-color top. Looking at the rules we wrote though, that's not what we said at all. I'll have to see if this was widely misunderstood, as I suspect it may be. If it was, we'll just go with the rules we wrote.

Offline Shdsteel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »
So as for the zombies, if anyone plans on wearing a gas mask, I recommend that you don't use any gas filter and have some sort of entrails hanging from the gas port.

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 03:13:58 PM »
So as for the zombies, if anyone plans on wearing a gas mask, I recommend that you don't use any gas filter and have some sort of entrails hanging from the gas port.
I second this, or at least the "no filter" part, as I wore an M61 gas mask all morning at the last STALKER game, and with the filter on breathing gets twice as hard. You'll probably drop dead from the exertion if you try to wear it with a filter installed for the whole game.

Offline Shdsteel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »
I second this, or at least the "no filter" part, as I wore an M61 gas mask all morning at the last STALKER game, and with the filter on breathing gets twice as hard. You'll probably drop dead from the exertion if you try to wear it with a filter installed for the whole game.
You should see it when I put on the juggernaut suit lol that helmet gets real hot xD. But luckily it won't be as hot in November.

Offline Mandals

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »
No no, the problem at hand is that multicam is in current use by the US military, and thus is a Military-faction reserved pattern. Looking at the rules though, what we intended and what we wrote are two wholly different things... the intention was that military would be able to use any current US military pattern (ACU, ABU, DCU, AOR1/2, MARPAT/DESPAT, Multicam), and para would get solid color jumpsuits, one-color uniforms (black pants/black shirt and such), or obsolete US military (tigerstripe and woodland, etc) or non-US military camo pattern pants (DPM, flecktarn, etc) with a solid-color top. Looking at the rules we wrote though, that's not what we said at all. I'll have to see if this was widely misunderstood, as I suspect it may be. If it was, we'll just go with the rules we wrote.

soooooooooo....i can wear multicam pants? lol im sorry that was confusing.

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 04:17:36 PM »

I dunno, we're going to have to see how many people were planning on wearing current US camo patterns as bottoms on Para. I asked the question in the thread for OP:ZH, but no responses yet. If it's only one or two people, you might want to look into alternate pants, but if it's a bunch we'll let it slide. I guess we didn't think over how ambiguous what we wrote in the rules was.

Offline Shdsteel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »
I dunno, we're going to have to see how many people were planning on wearing current US camo patterns as bottoms on Para. I asked the question in the thread for OP:ZH, but no responses yet. If it's only one or two people, you might want to look into alternate pants, but if it's a bunch we'll let it slide. I guess we didn't think over how ambiguous what we wrote in the rules was.
I perceived it to be a solid color or noncurrent military camo for TOPS and any camo for pants. But I could be wrong.