Author Topic: Any teams to join?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Tacticool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
  • BB - ACTION
    • View Profile
Any teams to join?
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:49:29 PM »
Is there a listing of any Teams to join and participate in air-soft skirmishes? I'm looking to fill a grenadier role.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:02:32 PM by Tacticool »
Role: Rifleman

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Any teams to join?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
We often roll as a grenadier team and 2 man units, what type of launcher do you have? C02 shells? Can it take smoke?
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Tacticool

• Private First Class
  • BB - ACTION
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »
We often roll as a grenadier team and 2 man units, what type of launcher do you have? C02 shells? Can it take smoke?

Currently I'm thinking more about the boobytrapping aspect of grenades, although I was looking to get a gp25.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:22:06 PM by Tacticool »

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »

Currently I'm thinking more about the boobytrapping aspect of grenades, although I was looking to get a gp25.

A box of string crackers would serve you better. Drop and forget, dont have to worry about cost if you leave them

Setting traps is just an infantry aspect, maybe an engineer or "sapper" if you go insane.

Grenadiers launch projectiles across and around the field. And if you want to do that, don't buy a gp25. I had one and sold it, you cannot launch anything from it but the shells it comes with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdyShYqC3j8

Claymores are fun as well, but tend to be less useful in practice
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:35:23 PM by Exarach »
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Tacticool

• Private First Class
  • BB - ACTION
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:54:24 AM »

A box of string crackers would serve you better. Drop and forget, dont have to worry about cost if you leave them

Setting traps is just an infantry aspect, maybe an engineer or "sapper" if you go insane.

Grenadiers launch projectiles across and around the field. And if you want to do that, don't buy a gp25. I had one and sold it, you cannot launch anything from it but the shells it comes with.

Oh alright, and yes I disliked that the air-soft grenade attachments function more like shotguns than anything.
How would one boobytrap with string crackers? And actually yeah I was actually planning to lay multiple airsoft booby-traps or mines/claymores eventually as I'm very interested in that aspect of air-soft.  Would that potentially make me more of a sapper?

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »

Oh alright, and yes I disliked that the air-soft grenade attachments function more like shotguns than anything.
How would one boobytrap with string crackers? And actually yeah I was actually planning to lay multiple airsoft booby-traps or mines/claymores eventually as I'm very interested in that aspect of air-soft.  Would that potentially make me more of a sapper?

You use the strings as a tripwire, they are not enough to pull someone over, and make a great bang, which is a good thing.

You should actually go try out a few of the things you want to do. People rarely repeat an exact course, and AS mines are notoriously finicky.

I have had great success with the claymores indoor, very limited outside, and have never gotten someone with an in-ground mine.

The placing and leaving of $50-$100 device out in the woods has never been my favorite idea, so improvised is usually the way to go.

No trip-pits or stakes, or you will get kicked out. Paint traps are also to be avoided.

Airsoft claymores generally do not work correctly with triplines, and remotes are advisable. Though it requires monitoring.

Drop a few throw-away poppers, drop a few clays, and fall back to overwatch them.

\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"

Offline Squintz

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »
When I used to play in the New River river bottom, that's what I did. Used the firecrackers that are string operated, and they work great. Loud enough to alert anyone half the time, and gives the guy a good jump. Was a lot of fun back when I used to do that  :D

Also used to take those party streamer things, remove the streamers, put a few .12s in. The little cracker was enough to send em moving but never hurt anyone.