Author Topic: RFID DOMINATOR / BUTTON DOMINATOR  (Read 801 times)

Offline martinius96

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
RFID DOMINATOR / BUTTON DOMINATOR
« on: January 17, 2021, 12:06:39 PM »
I offer software for DOMINATOR project from year 2018. It is usable for Airsoft, Paintball sports for game mode DOMIANTION (Capture Point). There are two versions, one is using RFID entry with compatible cards, wristbands, second is using standard hardware pushbuttons for user entry.

Description of RFID DOMINATOR:
  • Device - DOMINATOR contains MCU from AVR architecture, likely used in Arduino boards (Arduino Uno, Nano, or Mega 2560 are fully compatible with source code and schematics).
  • There is LCD character display 16x2 or 20x4, that shows the time of each team (RED and GRE team.)
  • Each team member is equipped with a card or wristband, keychain that communicates at 13.56MHz. For instance keychains can you buy in many colors that can help you with distrubutions of them to teams...
  • If a team Capture point, any player on that team will place his card on the reader. The team's LED (red / blue) lights up at this station and the team's time started to counting on display.
  • If second team capture that point and put card on reader, LED of other team turns off, time for first is stopped, LED for second team lights up, the second team's time start to count, until it is stopped with other team or referee / eraser
  • If the organizer (referee) puts the card / key, both times shall be discarded until one of the teams has placed the card.
  • The last possible card in the system is the use of so-called. eraser card that pauses and resets both times.
  • The maximum time range of the system is: 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds, also suitable for events and sports facilities, events.
  • The system is tested, functional, works smoothly, the ability to measure and display time even for tenths of a second.

The RC522 reader operates at a frequency of 13.56MHz, RFID tags registers at about 3 centimeters (almost physical contact with the reader is necessary), compatible tag format ISO / IEC 14443 A.

For the RFID version, there is a PCB design for production by photo path or from GERBER files. The PCB is double-sided with overlays.
GERBER file can be made for really good price at some JLCPCB or PCBWAY manufacturers. Dimensions of PCB is 100x105mm.

Both versions of PCBs are delivered free of charge to RFID DOMINATOR.

Used Hardware - RFID DOMINATOR:
  • Arduino Uno / Nano / Mega (the scheme for each microcontroller is the same)
  • RFID RC522 running at 13.56MHz (only with original NXP chip! COUNTERFEIT CHIPS with address 0x12 are not compatible for this project!)
  • 2x LED with 2x 1k or 220ohm resistors (you can connect there relays instead of LEDs, if you want to turn more powerful lights for indication)
  • LCD display 16x2 / 20x4 with I2C converter
  • Compatible cards and key fobs (standard ISO / IEC 14443 A)

Video of RFID DOMINATOR for better understanding its functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FHSLeyXVU

There is a version equivalent for DOMINATOR with a button input that replaces the RFID reader. In button version of DOMINATOR, there are four buttons instead of four types of cards. PCB design is not available for the button version. Button version of DOMINATOR can be tried for free in the Shareware version. The version limitation is only in functionality, where it is possible to run DOMINATOR to measure a maximum time of 15 seconds for each team.

During this time it is possible to verify the response of the system to the inputs, the behavior of the system. The shareware version is in machine code .hex, which must be uploaded via AVRDUDE software to Arduino, or via GUI interface using XLoader app. There are versions for I2C address converter 0x3F and 0x27. Contact by e-mail (at the end) to request a machine code for testing.

Used Hardware - Button DOMINATOR:
  • Arduino Uno / Nano / Mega (the scheme for each microcontroller is the same)
  • 4x pushbuttons connected as INPUT_PULLUP with ACTIVE_LOW contact
  • 2x LED with 2x 1k or 220ohm resistors (you can connect there relays instead of LEDs, if you want to turn more powerful lights for indication)
  • LCD display 16x2 / 20x4 with I2C converter
Video of Button DOMINATOR for better understanding its functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6RXZYUcI4

More about the project you can read at: https://martinius96.github.io/Airsoft-DOMINATOR-RFID/en/index.html
Price of software: 30 € RFID version / 20€ button version
Contact: martinius96@gmail.com - feel free to ask any question, I will reply as fast as I can.
Preferred payment method: PayPal