Author Topic: For all you Zombie hunters out there  (Read 9213 times)

Offline Firehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »
Played it, couldn't stand it, stopped playing it(stupid PCG made it sound good)...

Only thing I can say is when the zombies come out...don't be a pussy. I'm going to fight these little fuckers nail, tooth, and fist with everything I have, until I'm dead. Machetes, pistols, rifles, explosives, vehicular zombie-slaugher, you name it. I'm going to kill hundreds.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 10:49:54 PM »
Ian's the dude in the movies who makes a sweet entrance and then gets aced instantly. I shouldn't talk though, because I'm the wise-cracking one whom people are incredibly polarized either for or against who gets aced even before the dude who makes a sweet entrance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Spanky1234

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 11:03:03 PM »
Best Zombie movie hands down is Original Dawn of the Dead. And in the case of a real zombie invasion i dont even know what i would really do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Spanky1234 »
SPF 4

MEDIC!

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 11:18:44 PM »
Man, I read through this one day and I felt so educated.  heheh.

the japanese making zombie divisions... allegedly "historical" acounts of zombies... It is just so damn cool.

I'd take on the zombies with a katana, my riding sword, and a 30-30.  and it would be good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline Patty o' Brian

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 01:00:42 PM »
Although the word zombie or living dead is not mentioned at all in 28 days, i think it is the best zombie movie out there. they are technically not zombies but enraged humans. they look and act the same.

and just to let all of you know, in case of a zombie attack  never use fire to combat only to destry traces of the virus. and if you have a choice for a vehicle choose a dirtbike or a mountian bike. fast light and menuverable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Patty o' Brian »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 01:12:04 PM »
Quote from: "Patty o' Brian"
Although the word zombie or living dead is not mentioned at all in 28 days, i think it is the best zombie movie out there. they are technically not zombies but enraged humans. they look and act the same.

and just to let all of you know, in case of a zombie attack  never use fire to combat only to destry traces of the virus. and if you have a choice for a vehicle choose a dirtbike or a mountian bike. fast light and menuverable.

A large truck would be more suitable. You can carry more supplies, and bring more firepower to bare.

Offline Patty o' Brian

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 04:31:21 PM »
yes but what if a road is blocked? what then. what if you need to go over terrain with no trail/road? a bike can make it over almost any terrain, and if it comes to a place where a bike cant make it. why not just carry a bike? and trucks are loud and slow. why attract uneeded attention? you may not be able to carry as much supplies. all you would ever need is a rifle with 500 or so rounds of ammo. and you can carry that on your back. the only downside to a bike would be supplies. but ive gone carried 10 days worth of supplies on my back before, so i could prolly bike with about 8 or so days of supplies.

you shouldn't be moving if you dont have a destination. and you can prolly average about 30-40 miles a day on a bike. and i have a feeling that the nearest water/food source isn't 340 miles away.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Patty o' Brian »

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 06:34:01 PM »
Hopefully you'd never find alone Patty, IIRC the book also had tactics for small groups of people. If I had to be stuck in a post apocalyptic zombie world, I wouldn't mind being with the non-zombies of AA  ;)

For a weapon I think a submachine gun like an MP5, would be ideal, my rationale being that ammo is light, still effective (if aimed at the head according to the book), and I'm guessing easy to find, gun shops and police stations probably have heaps of 9mm that can be scavenged.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 06:41:06 PM »
OK.

This is the zombie loadout. Anything else and you're stupid.

Pistol : Any Glock variation in 9MM. You want a lot of 9MM ball for maximum penetration. Like, M855 would be cool. I always have 2,000 rounds on hand.

Shotgun : Remington 870 or Winchester 1300. Either is fine. They never fuck up and if they do you can probably fix it yourself with almost no spare parts. Shotguns are a must for crowd control and when shit gets really dicey. You can saw off an 870 and wolf hook it to your rig and throw it over your shoulder like breachers do.

Rifle : Any FAL or AK variant. Gas piston vs. gas impingement is why I am going with this over an AR. They never go tits up and if they do chances are you can fix it. You almost never have to clean them, where as with ARs, you gotta clean them A LOT. That, and 7.62 ideally would be plentiful. Hopefully zombies attack after this drought we're in ends. the 7.62 round is necessary for long range accuracy and again, maximum penetration.

Edged weapons : Fuck you.

Some sort of load carriage system would be advantageous. Releaseable would be a must, if a zombie grabs your gear, you need to unass. Quick.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 07:02:14 PM »
I agree.

I would pack a Glock 34, 870 shotgun, and an AK. I would carry a few blades on me, probably my Glock knife for cutting things, and a gerber axe(light, and sharp) for hacking. Also, carrying a Glock E-Tool would also be useful. You can use it for digging, and hacking. It is light, so it would not encumber you.  A machete would also be useful. You can never have too many edged weapons.Tannerite would also be idea to carry on you. They will help you deal with obsticles, and large numbers of zombies. For a rig, a CIRAS Land with Armor would be handy. Why armor? Becuase, the living are always a threat too. Flexible boots, but heavy would be a necessary for moving on foot, and kicking down doors and the like when needed. I would not wear military clothing, as they will make others see you as a threat, a figure of authority. Long jean pants, and a heavy jacket would be wise, to keep them from biting/scratching extremities such as legs in arms in a close fight. No loose clothing or equipment, everything will be secured as to keep silent, and not snag on things when you are in a hurry. Radios would be a must to keep communication between your "fireteams", but they would remain off unless the team were to be seperated on purpose. The only other time they would be turned on is in case you get lost. You dont' want to be alone with a radio that has dead batteries. Camping equipment is not neccessary, it is heavy. You can make your own shelters out of what nature provides. What am I forgetting?

Offline ValhallenAngel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 07:04:36 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
Edged weapons : **** you.

HAHA.. well a combat knife at least. Anyone play Resident Evil? The 4th one is killer.

Loadout:

Colt 45 1911
Glock 17 9mm
USP 9mm
AK of sorts (drum mag)
Scoped rifle
Some sort of Shotgun
Combat Knife
Katana (in the storage just in case)

The scoped rifle would be more for fun, when you get bored get on a roof and shoot some heads off. But you never now when you might need it. Three pistols strapped for quick access **** reloading in the middle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by ValhallenAngel »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 07:06:58 PM »
9mm ball won't cut it.. .357 Hydra-Shok will blow bigger holes.

Best Zombie movie, Chopper Chicks in Zombietown..

I'd use a Cadillac Escalade because (a) It's big and heavy, and (b) I like busting yuppie-ass crap SUV's up.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »
Quote from: "Mooncruiser"
9mm ball won't cut it.. .357 Hydra-Shok will blow bigger holes.

Best Zombie movie, Chopper Chicks in Zombietown..

I'd use a Cadillac Escalade because (a) It's big and heavy, and (b) I like busting yuppie-ass crap SUV's up.

Chip

Well, here is the thing: you have to look at availability. Its all nice and dandy that you would use that, but what do you use when you run out? 9mm ball would be the most effective. Its easy to get, cheap if you have to barter, and hits hard(penetration into the head). Its a zombie, you just need one shot to the head to neutralize one of these suckers.

Offline Bobaganoosh

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
I'm gonna have to disagree with your rifle choices, with the full auto function capable and the chance that you can go gung ho and eat up ammo like popcorn won't help you if you survive the battle. I would choose the M1 Garand or M1 Carbine, which are still in production and ammo is still in plentiful supply. As i see it, they would be better suited for ammo conservation and when you only get one shot at a time, you know damn well you are going to make that shot count.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bobaganoosh »
SPF 4

\"GRENADE!\"

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
Who said anything about a full auto AK? Do you have one? I certainly can't get one....but I can get a semi-automatic AK. When it comes to the barter system, you will have to give more for less ammo, unlike with the cheap AK ammunition.