Author Topic: Zombie outbreak, Natural Disaster, etc.? What do you do?  (Read 3646 times)

Offline warlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.warl0k.com
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »
Toilet paper is a want, not a need, therefore inappropriate in a bug-out bag :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by warlock »
Team OPFOR
FPS Limits are restrictions, not goals!
Op Organizer
Lead, Follow, or get the **** outta my way!

Offline ValhallenAngel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 10:07:16 PM »
S*** on sharpened bamboo and hope the zombies step on it...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by ValhallenAngel »

Offline Chinchilla_Man

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 10:17:14 PM »
Quote from: "ValhallenAngel"
S*** on sharpened bamboo and hope the zombies step on it...

If you read the Zombie Survival Guide you would know this wouldn't not even phase a zombie. 1. Zombie don't feel pain. 2. Zombie are already dead and bacteria and viruses in the fecal material will only consume living cells. The only way to "kill" them is to blown their brains out! Duh! :roll: (The brain is the source of the infection.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Chinchilla_Man »
-Aaron

Offline Rocketboy

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kdo241.com
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 10:31:58 PM »
If you don't already have your SHTTF/Zombie kit already, it's too late. It never hurts to be too prepared.

My kit includes

Defense:
10k .223 JHP ammo
5000 12g buckshot ammo
4000 .40 S&W ammo
AR-15x2 (Kalifornia Style)
Mossberg 500
Sig P226
Glock 17
Baseball Bat
Crowbar

Supplies:
3 Months Supply of Food/Water
Case of Propane
TOILET PAPER!
Case of Flares
Case of Batteries
2 20 Gallon Gas Cans
Extensive Medical Kit
Duct Tape

Ammenities/Tools:
Folding Shovel
Camelback
Sleeping bag
Tent/Tarp
Purifying Water Kit
Gas Mask/Filters
Soap/Towels
Compact Cookware
Propare Light/Stove
CB Radio
Reuglar FM/AM Radio
Binoculars
Strider
Leatherman
Flashlight
Hand Powered Generator
Compas
Map

Extras:
Ipod
Apple Laptop
PSP
Solar Powered Recharger

All this is in a couple large plastic containers that are stacked and ready to be tossed into the back of my SUV. Minus the Guns themselves and extras.

My first priority would be to try to locate a safe harbor, isolated where there are no people. Less chance of zombies being there. Maybe try to reach an island off of California Coast.

Then raid the town as need be and try to hit the big warehouse stores, Costco/Sams Club. Luckly there's a gunstore right next to the costco in Glendale so i can hit the two in a single trip.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rocketboy »
Rocketboy
Buy My Stuff! Airsoft

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 10:39:21 PM »
Man... didnt we learn anything from "the girl who owned a city"? you dont hit the stores you hit the warehouses where the stores are restocked from, everyone hits the stores. As for me I would hit up all the high speed places in Tempe such as Litton, Granger and Smith enterprises. Then I would form a expeditionary force to head up to dillon precision and score us a minigun or two.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Rocketboy

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 10:47:51 PM »
Un fortuantely for us living in Kalifornia, gun stores are all we can hope to grab spare ammo. Turners is the closest to me but beyond that gotta drive 30 miles to Glendale for the next closest store. No major supplies. That's why I gotta stock up before.

But you're right I should be hitting the distribution centers for Vons and Such along Highway 5 and maybe some in the City of Industry.

I never mentioned it but I totally forgot my uncle's place in the mountain up in norcal. He's a gunsmith and he's got his own reloading tools and workshop! Complete with 50 BMG stuff! =)

Rocketboy
Buy My Stuff! Airsoft

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »
Rocketboy's got it right, you can have water stored but that will only last for a short time and its hard to move in large amounts.  Water purification systems are great to have when you are on the move.  Otherwise you will have to take the time to boil everything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Rocketboy

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 11:08:25 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
Rocketboy's got it right, you can have water stored but that will only last for a short time and its hard to move in large amounts.  Water purification systems are great to have when you are on the move.  Otherwise you will have to take the time to boil everything.

WORD

Plus you never know what else is in the water like heavy mineral deposits or other contaminates that you can't get rid of by boiling. Although you can make an evaporation still or a steam still to get pure drinking water.

Tarps and tents make great rain catchers too. Just tie a little stick in the middle of one of the strings holding down your tent and the rain will trickle down the string, stop at the stick and drop down into a container.
Rocketboy
Buy My Stuff! Airsoft

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 11:27:17 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Plus you never know what else is in the water like heavy mineral deposits or other contaminates that you can't get rid of by boiling. Although you can make an evaporation still or a steam still to get pure drinking water.

Just to add to that, there are subtances in water that are not removed by evaporation (distillation). But if your to this point some added ions and stuff in your water is no big deal.  Viruses & bacteria removal are the number one issue, after that, it all depends on your individual needs. For example, if you have a baby with you and the water source has too high of Nitrate content, the nitrates in the water can cause your baby not to receive enough oxygen. Causing blue baby syndrome, which can be fatal. But these are just risks that can't be dealt with if such an event occured. Basic sanitation will be the first to go and that will be the major killer in the long run I think.

As for me, I am not as prepared like everyone esle here.  If something happened here that required anything close to what is being discussed, I would already be dead.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 12:35:38 AM »
What do I do?

Go to David's.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 10:30:43 AM »
I'd call Phyrst and see if he's still human, if he is then we'd load up and go pick his partner in crime Jim, whacker, and silentdragon.

Then we'd check to see if Luke AFB is still in one piece and still manned by military personnel. If not, I'd probably fall back to that Marine Corps base in Yuma. Nothing like a few good Marines to stem the onslaught of the undead!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline The Cartographer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 02:30:53 PM »
Ya know what the great thing about airsoft is?

The gear can *gasp* be used for real guns! :shock:

Seriously, Zombie outbreak happens, then I'm throwin on the tac harness, grabbin a camelback, ammo, and all the guns I can.  Some friends and I have a plan to meet somewhere and hightail it out of the city.

What would you guys think of someplace up in the mountains? Like Colorado or Montana?  I figure the terrain's bad enough to slow the hordes and there should be an ample elk population.  We'd probably camp by a lake for water, as long as we have a purifier.  By my estimates, I have enough guns for about 50 people, but the largest the group will be is 20.  We have a couple weeks worth of food, but will probably have to hunt eventually.  That there is the one good thing about a zombie outbreak; no bag limit on elk! :)

But, if we couldn't get out of the city, I'd go and fortify a Costco before it got looted.

Worse case senario; there's no way out of the city.  Then I'll drive around attracting every zombie in the city to one location, then go up in a blaze of glory that will be visible from several state away. :D

I read the zombie survival guide a while ago, pretty good book.  I'm going to have to get a copy.

The only problem is that everyone assumes that zombies will be slow and dim witted. What do we do if we get dawn of the dead style super-fast zombies? :shock:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by The Cartographer »
Ph\'nglui mglw\'nafh Cthulhu R\'lyeh wgah\'nagl fhtagn

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 03:55:20 PM »
Equip some sort of sword, or machete.  Maybe even a bayonet on the end of your weapon.  8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 04:00:11 PM »
I guess it all depends on whether or not you want to stay mobile, thousands of rounds of ammo is useless if you are leaving the area, LBV can only carry so much.  If you are planning on staying put, then the ammo, water etc might have a use.  If the town is going to hell in a hand basket and you need to get out of there, minimum load out:

AR-15
10 30rnd mags
Glock 22
4 15rnd .40 mags
Camelback
GPS
Kick ass attitude!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline The Cartographer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006, 05:51:15 PM »
Equip some sort of sword, or machete. Maybe even a bayonet on the end of your weapon.

Yeah, I had that idea too. Finally, a use for my years of jujutsu training!

I'd probably use a sword and have a crowbar with me too, just so I'll have something to open stuff with.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you want to stay mobile, thousands of rounds of ammo is useless if you are leaving the area, LBV can only carry so much. If you are planning on staying put, then the ammo, water etc might have a use. If the town is going to hell in a hand basket and you need to get out of there...

I'd have the LBV and water for if I need to walk/run anywhere.  Most of the time, I should be in my suburban driving as fast as I can out of town.
The car would be for travel and for transporting my thousands of rounds of ammo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by The Cartographer »
Ph\'nglui mglw\'nafh Cthulhu R\'lyeh wgah\'nagl fhtagn