Author Topic: Hello from Iowa!  (Read 819 times)

Offline Drewbear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Hello from Iowa!
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:19:44 PM »
Hey everybody!!

Just wanted to introduce myself, been a stand up player in Iowa for 6ish years now but I'll be moving down to Phoenix in July.  Have some family down there and will be chasing a few job opportunities along the way and I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO OFFER IN THE WAY OF AIRSOFT!!  I've been helping my team captain run his field for the last 2 years now so it will be interesting to start off on my own again but I really wanted to get a jump on getting to know your community!! The forums in Iowa are pretty dead/divided and we run mostly through facebook groups for everybodys region/field, is that the case here or is your forum the place to go?  Would also like to know of any popular field/shop locations, I can google search some but word of mouth always works great too.

And now for my introduction.

Guys; I'm an extremely laid back, likable guy who just happens to love being able to legally and safely shoot at other people.  I've developed airsofting from backyards as a 12 year old to assisting in the running of a field that hosts bi-weekly games with 30+ turnouts.  For me airsofting is a great hobby, not a crazy obsession.  And I try to keep it that way.  Normally I was used in recon/medic roles in bigs events for our team.  I LOVE taping people up and have tweaked my system to run as light and as fast as possible while fulfilling as many requirements as possible, very adaptable.  As for me I'm a 25 year old shooting/hunting/camping/workout enthusiast, pretty standard.  I've spent the last 2 years working a really boring office job and the past 5 summers running Boy Scout shooting ranges as a certified NRA instructor and range safety officer, and would love to pull on those skills more with a full time job opportunity. Any questions feel feel to ask!