Author Topic: Marushin M1 Garand Hopup issues  (Read 1673 times)

Offline BiRdMan0864

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
Marushin M1 Garand Hopup issues
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »
I just purchased a Marushin GBB M1 Garand and I am using green gas on it but the range on it is only about 5-10ft. I have tried to adjust it and I got it to the point where the BB would shoot almost straight up out of the barrel, and any deviation from that point on the hopup makes the BB shoot extremely short. The hopup is set with a tiny set screw above the bolt slide and that also might be part of the problem, becuase the blow back of the bolt is extremely hard and shakes most of the screws loose on the inside of the gun, the hopup set screw and a few others are the only screws I havn't put lock tight on. I  was wondering if anybody on these forums has ever owned or has one currently and can give me some advice on adjusting the hopup.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by BiRdMan0864 »
Its not the what or why but to do and die

Offline pilz

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://AMSOG.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 04:01:49 PM »
then maybe you should'nt be using green gas use 134a. Green gas will porbaly break it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pilz »
No longer airsofts... what a shame.

Offline Fish

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 04:56:05 PM »
Its a 500 dollar rifle... it shouldn't break with green gas. It might be a difective gun. You should still have warranty on it, so I would exchange it for a new one. I don't know much about the rifle but that shouldn't be happening, try to exchange it for a new one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Fish »
\"If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving definitely is not for you. \"

Offline Comrade Commissar

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 05:25:41 PM »
Um, a $500 rifle will break with green gas if its supposed to be 134a only. There are reasons for the different kinds of gas. The m1garand isnt supposed to take green gas unmodified. Thats why all sites tell you that  if you use the wrong gas, you do so at your own risk.

With that said. Where ever he bought it from probably wont take it back, since almost every site that carries the rifle states its a 134a gun. And he didnt listen to their warnings.

Its like buying a CD player and in that players manual it says to only use a 6vlt wall adapter for constant power, and then using a 9vlt one on it and blowing it, then wanting a refund.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Comrade Commissar »
Present - Dboy Spr mod0, upgraded. Dboy Ak74, Stock. Hfc chrome Revolver, short
Past - CA Slr105, KWC 1911 Caspian, TM mp5sd6

Offline BiRdMan0864

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 04:50:03 PM »
It didnt work like shit after using green gas it worked even worse with hfc134a.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »
Probably because the HFC22 you used blew the seals.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline BiRdMan0864

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:48:06 PM »
It didnt blow the seals the person who put the barrel in decided not to notice that the barrel was rotated and destroyed part of the hopup rubber. The hopup used on this gun is unique it has a "U" shaped portion on the end of the barrel and another "U" shaped portion on the hopup rubber, whoever installed it pushed the barrel into the hopup so that these pieces didnt meshed and destroyed the "U" shaped portion on the hopup rubber. So all I did was rotate the hopup rubber so that this destoryed part wasn't hanging in the barrel of the gun and now it shoots pretty good. The type of gas I used had nothing to do with the problem and I am positive that green gas will work just fine with this gun being that the bolt assembly is made out of steel.

Offline Fish

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 12:16:29 AM »
Yay, so I wasn't totally wrong :). I'm glad to hear you solved your problem. I would hate it if my equipment broke like that. Cya
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Fish »
\"If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving definitely is not for you. \"