Author Topic: CA M24  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Hendrix2247

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
CA M24
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:42:56 PM »
I have read numerous reviews of this rifle, and have heard many different takes on its performance. I am in the market for a decent sniper rifle, as I have found I am pretty good at concealment and am accurate. I came across one for sale on ASF upgraded by AEX with a tightbore and an SP130 spring. The seller is asking $175+shipping, and I am wondering if it is a decent deal and if it is a good, dependable rifle

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

And when he gets to heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
Another soldier reporting sir,
I\'ve spent my time in hell

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: CA M24
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »
Dependable rifle? Yeah, probably up there with the best spring rifles.  Don't buy it. Sniping is a big waste of time.  I have the regret and the hole in my wallet it prove it.
\"All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be.\"

Offline Hendrix2247

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:04:23 PM »
Quote from: "Morgann0"
Dependable rifle? Yeah, probably up there with the best spring rifles.  Don't buy it. Sniping is a big waste of time.  I have the regret and the hole in my wallet it prove it.

Alright, I'll skip it. After speaking with the guy he didn't come off right

And when he gets to heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
Another soldier reporting sir,
I\'ve spent my time in hell

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
Quote from: "Morgann0"
Sniping is a big waste of time.  I have the regret and the hole in my wallet it prove it.
 Expensive, yes.  For everyone, no.  Waste of time, not really.  A lot has to do with your expectations and the hype over the role.  I've sniped for over 5 years and have a lot of kills and a lot of misses.  Some games without firing a shot.  It is what it is.  Back then, you couldn't find a decent sniper rifle under 350.00 stock....

See if you can borrow a friend's rifle and try it out in a few games, but remember, you can't spray and pray with a bolt action springer.  That's the main reason people are disappointed.
Benn

Offline Bow-tie Assasin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »
Sniping can be effective in some situations. At Lion Claws a few years back I had gotten seperated from my squad after being hit earlier, I had temporarily linked up with another squad until I met back up with mine. Anyway, we were crossing a through a wash and we noticed up on the ridge about a 50 yards away there was a sniper firing at us. I didn't think he could hit us so I started to jog through the wash with the other sqaud right behind me. After about 2 shots he nailed me in the leg (an unbelievable shot) me getting hit caused the guys behind me to take cover and eventually they decided to take the long way around. So even though he didn't get 20 kills he did serve a purpose.  

I agree with farslayer when he said to try a friends rifle first to see if you like the role.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:48:32 PM by Bow-tie Assasin »
"First There"
Never Quit!

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 05:37:30 PM »
Quote from: "Bow-tie Assasin"
Sniping can be effective in some situations. At Lion Claws a few years back I had gotten seperated from my squad after being hit earlier, I had temporarily linked up with another squad until I met back up with mine. Anyway, we were crossing a through a wash and we noticed up on the ridge about a 50 yards away there was a sniper firing at us. I didn't think he could hit us so I started to jog through the was with the other sqaud right behind me. After about 2 shots he nailed me in the leg (an unbelievable shot) me getting hit caused the guys behind me to take cover and eventually they decided to take the long way around. So even though he didn't get 20 kills he did serve a purpose.  

I agree with farslayer when he said to try a friends rifle first to see if you like the role.
You prove an excellent point that is mirrored in the real world:  the intimidation factor of snipers.  If you know they are out there, you always end up modifying your plans.
Benn