Author Topic: G&G SCAR Locking Up  (Read 832 times)

Offline AirZoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
G&G SCAR Locking Up
« on: December 30, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
I recently purchased a G&G SCAR-L and immediately put in a custom length barrel and an M110 Spring, put everything back together perfectly and went shooting the next day. Went through about 1500 rounds with no misfeeds or any problems and it suddenly locked up as if the battery was dead so we put in a fresh battery and the same problem happens in about 10 rounds on full auto or semi auto. When pulling the trigger it will click and then be able to be pulled fully back but it seems as if the gears weren't spinning. We took it apart again and just ran the motor through the battery and it spun fine so it's not an electrical problem from the motor to the battery nor is it a motor problem itself. The gears also were spinning perfectly and the gearbox looked as good as new (which it was). I have seen other threads about bad shimming jobs that cause a similar problem but I'm not sure what to really do about it, any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
Re: G&G SCAR Locking Up
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:56:07 PM »
I had a similar problem with my CA Scar, I would be firing fine then it would stop and make a clicking noise as if the trigger is engaging but not completing the circuit needed to fire. what I would have to do is switch it back to safe, move it to Full, and then back to Semi a few times before it would work. Dont know exactly why it did that.
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline AirZoft

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »
Reply to Corporal Red;

Exact thing that is happening here, trigger clicks as if engaged and it does spin the motor, but does not complete the circulation... I have not yet experimented with your selector switch theory and will try it when I get my rifle back. I, at first, thought it was the fuse because the metal thread inside of it was horribly bent from the circuit from the battery but that was proved incorrect when we put a new one in and had the same problem. Did your rifle ever turn back to normal itself or are you still having the same issue?

Offline BATMAN

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 05:02:10 AM »
If your gun "clicks" when you pull the trigger, but does not pull back the spring, it has an issue with excessive resistance.  The most common causes are: a ground in the circuit, corroded trigger contacts, incorrect shimming, worn gears, or a broken motor.  The first thing I would test is try pressing the motor down into the grip with your thumb and pull a few shots to see if it cycles.  It will be terribly loud and whiny, but if it cycles fine, the issue is most likely the motor leads grounding on your motor plate.  It's a very common problem; fixed by simply replacing the shrink-tube on the motor leads.  If you can't seem to find the problem, bring it down to Gearbox Airsoft in Tempe next week and I can look at it for you.
-BATMAN