Author Topic: Hey everyone!  (Read 5915 times)

Offline DarkTinman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Hey everyone!
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
My name is Austin and after watching Youtube videos i was wondering if we had any events here in Arizona. I can see that we have quite a few things going on and I am very excited!

I currently own a JG M4 S-System. I am looking for a pistol and confused as to if i should get a Spring or Gas pistol, and what pistol is a good choice!

Also let me know what you think about my M4!

If you are in the Tempe area, comment or message me!

Thanks everyone!

Offline Holy1596

• Corporal
  • Ghs ROTC
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »
I'll be the first to welcome you austin . We Have 3 main fields ( i say three because i'm still unsure whether fuji and new hatfirld are a go or no go) which would be figher town in surprise, Vangaurd indoor playground in gilbert and Fort adobe in glendale.Events can be found on the forum or the calander. As for your weapons JG have a  less quality than some of the more expensive guns, but you would expect so when they are a third of the price. They do preform well though and have almost limitless upgrades. And finally on the pistol i would go for gas as  springs tend to break easily. Other than that welcome to the site Austin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:55:05 PM by Holy1596 »

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:53:37 PM »
Welcome to the forums! There are events and pick up games held all the time. Keep an eye out on the Local Games and Listings thread and you'll find all the events and games you can attend. Keep in mind that some games are 18+ for legality reasons. If you have any questions about the 18+ rule please use the search feature as there has been many, many threads started about it. Enjoy all the games put on by the different organizations and teams from around AZ. And yes, the new Hatfield is a playable field.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
18+ rules suck. Lol. Fake id for trading some ceramic vases so the drugies can make bongs..... I think so.  :) *shhh. Dont tell anyone* hehe

I will bring it out when i get it.
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline DarkTinman

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »
Thank you Holy! I was reading on the forums that the vanguard place is just a lot of little kids and no one really likes to go there? I have been reading a lot about some fields also being "Banned" from going there as well. That's one of the reasons i bought the JG. I didn't know how deep I would get involved into airsoft and a lot of people were telling me that if I wanted more out of it that I could upgrade a lot of the internals. Any recommendations on different mid to long range guns? Gas it is! I have heard spring but almost everyone says gas. Do you prefer the propane or the green gas? Thanks for the very informative welcome!

Thanks Tan. I am 19 so I don't see a problem with 18+. Maybe younger then a lot of you guys but I have paintballed a lot in my time and I understand the rules of the game as well. In all honesty I suppose I am a bit offended that you assumed I was underage but at the same time I am sure that there are a lot of younger people that are into airsoft that post on the forums. Anyways, thank you for the welcome and explaining the rules!

Bambi, Hahaha that's funny. I guess you could use that because technically they aren't liable because you had the 18+ ID. Which they would assume is real. So if there was any real problem, it would be your fault. Honestly not for or against it, I just think it's funny haha

Offline Holy1596

• Corporal
  • Ghs ROTC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
Most people use green gas due to the ease of use, but you can easily use propane with the right nosle. I don't currently have a gas gun but i would recommend a green gas if you were to get one. There is also co2 powered gas guns which are just as easy as the other gas guns.The only real difference is that co2 usually is in a small cartridge which is inserted somewhere in the pistol grip wheras green gas and propane are usually injected into the magazine before play.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 07:42:19 PM »
Bambi, Hahaha that's funny. I guess you could use that because technically they aren't liable because you had the 18+ ID. Which they would assume is real. So if there was any real problem, it would be your fault. Honestly not for or against it, I just think it's funny haha

Ask the minor who lied about his age to get into Hornets Nest how the trip to the local FD went.  I'm guessing explaining the bill to the parents was probably fun.

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
Honestly ... im not going to use it to sneak into games. Its more of a trophy type thing. Ya know? Just something cool. Most of the games i wanna go to requires a adult sponsor or i actually can play there. So it helps that my father plays. But yea. Im not dumb enough to use a fake id, cause with my luck i would get screwed.

I understand why there are 18+ games... i just dont like em cause, yea... underage...lol.
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline DarkTinman

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 11:56:24 PM »
Holy, which one do you prefer? The Co2 or Green gas? Just wondering which one I should get and a opinion haha.

Xavier, I would but i don't think he would tell me or find him. Can I get anymore details on this story? Sorry, I was simply saying that I don't support or agree with the fake ID thing. But at the same time I don't hate it and condone it, even though i probably should. It's not my decisions, plus their decisions don't affect me (having fake ID's)

Bambi, Yeah that's good. Sorry that your that young. I am sure that gets annoying. Plus all the young kids that mess up the view of "underage kids" one kid can ruin it for everyone.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
Welcome TinMan. Lots of games going on here in AZ, just check here on the forums. As far as pistols, definitely go gas. A springer really is going to do you much good in a real game. Plus, gas pistols are awesome lol. Have fun out there!

Offline Katana0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 12:07:07 AM »
Welcome to the forums!  Green gas and propane are the same, fyi.  Propane just doesn't have any lubricant added to it, which green gas does, plus propane has this smell... You kinda have to get used to it lol.  For CO2, it is a higher pressure gas, so it shoots harder, but it also wears on guns faster, plus you have to get those little CO2 canisters and what not.  I personally like running propane.  And the last match that I went to at Vanguard was pretty nice, but that was 2 years ago I think lol.

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 06:41:44 AM »
Welcome! Hope you have fun and the m4 preforms great in my opinion. My first sidearm was a HK P30 electric pistol. It sucked. I got a WE 1911 and i love it. They make really inexpensive guns and they are good starters.
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline Holy1596

• Corporal
  • Ghs ROTC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »
Its all down to personal preference . I myself use co2 due to the ease of finding  canisters (In stores) and how quick you can change out the canister after use.

Offline Note

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »

Ask the minor who lied about his age to get into Hornets Nest how the trip to the local FD went.  I'm guessing explaining the bill to the parents was probably fun.

Speaking of Airsoft Injuries (We're talking about an injury right? ???): ACCIDENTE AIRSOF
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:24:21 PM by Note »

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »
Severe dehydration in my particular example.  I took him to the closest FD, they gave him an ambulance ride to Payson if memory serves.  Since he was a minor and parents/guardians couldn't be reached they couldn't allow him to turn down care and basically had to play it safe.