Author Topic: Two Q's on my Aftermath  (Read 1707 times)

Offline zulu_k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Two Q's on my Aftermath
« on: March 20, 2008, 05:34:50 AM »
Heya, when I went to buy this rifle
http://www.aftermathairsoft.com/rifles.aspx?productID=1
(it comes looking like the first pict up top) I, as standard, got one clip.
No problem.
But now it is. I want to buy more clips, but the case doesnt have the gun model on it! My buddies say its an M4 but I just want to be sure. What is it?
Plus, when I bought the rifle I bought a red dot scope for it, really sharp looking. Was it even neccesary for me to buy it?  :oops: (oops if itwasnt ><)
Also, when my fater was looking at it, he managed to break the hoop near the barrel to thread in the tac strap..can I make a hoop out of something, or can I find a tac strap that wraps around the barrel? Or is it worthless to think of a strap for it now?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by zulu_k »
Some go places to be a tourist.
Some go places to be an adventurer.
I go places to conquer.

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:19:17 AM »
1. Mostly any m16/m4 variant of mags should fit,

2. Should have bought a Classic army for that amount of money,

3. Buying a red dot is a preference, if you wanted it, then it's a good decision.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by corporalred »
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:20:44 AM »
First, it is a magazine not a clip.

It is an M4 so M4 mags should work, I would take it to the gearbox and have them check though, I don't know that manufacturer.

Make your own solution for the sling, like ziptie it to the barrel or something, a replacement would cost you $20 or more.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
First, it is a magazine not a clip.

I totally missed that, thanks Ganef
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline Pheonix 797

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:23:02 AM »
It's great that you want to buy a "tricked out" gun, but here's a tip. Always start with a base, then work your way up. My very first gun was a FAMSAS with no extras whatsoever. Now I've over time built up enough of a collection of gear, parts and accessories where you can really have some fun.

Also consider this, more often than not reddots in airsoft can tend to obscure your peripheral vision because you tend to tunnel on your target.

Just some helpful thoughts for you!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pheonix 797 »

Offline oldgamefreak

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »
You guys are tough....

Dude, congrats in the new gun. While the advice given is accurate please take it with a grain of salt.. They sound a little rough but they mean well.

If you all didn't look he’s only 14 so cut him a little slack. My son is only 13 and he would make the same mistakes.

I agree to have the gun checked out. I see you’re in Peoria but if you can make it to GearBox it’s worth the trip. I can’t say enough good things about them. There very helpful and if you don’t really need something they will let you know. They will be able to give you some options for the sling but like everything they all cost money. If the sling has a buckle on that end just loop around the barrel just make sure you go under the gas tube. There is a chance that you could damage the tube if your too rough with it bit it is only for looks. I would only use it as a temp fix.

As for the red dot it’s your money and as said before if you wanted it it’s not a bad purchase. For a gun that’s only accurate at feet not miles you don’t really need anything but iron sights. I used to shoot an M60 at 1100 meters and an M16 at 300. It’s all a matter of taste. You will see pics on the forum with all kinds of sights, lights, lasers…ECT. Again it’s choice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by oldgamefreak »
"America might have some problems, but it\'s our home. Our country. Our team. And if you don\'t want to root for your team, then just get the hell out of the stadium"........Stan Marsh

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 11:06:45 AM »
For a final ID, I would say that that is an M4 with a custom handgrip/ris of some sort ment to work and look nice but not much else. If the gun is all metal (opinion) and shoots at the stated FPS (380) then it probably wasn't a rip off, but a CA or ECHO 1 would have been better in my opinion. As for sights, I personally love them for asthetics but rarely use any but the wide lens red dots. My mask/googles can't realy view anything else. Again, your choice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Exarach »
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:07:17 AM »
Quote from: "oldgamefreak"
You guys are tough....
If you all didn't look he’s only 14 so cut him a little slack. My son is only 13 and he would make the same mistakes.

Kids learn to call mags "clips" from somewhere. Gotta train them right early!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »
Its more than likely the A&K with false FPS.

Their entire AK line and MP5 line look to be the CYMAs and the M series the A&K. My CQBR looked identical to theirs and the S System appears to have A&K trades on it in the bottom left picture. Those are also A&K batteries.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Uchiha Itachi »

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »
Yes, it looks like the A&K model, so any Classic Army or Tokyo Marui m16/m4 compatible magazine will work. The FPS quoted is only accurate with .12g BBs, but never NEVER use anything less than a .20g (which is still too lightweight IMO.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nil8r »

Offline oldgamefreak

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 12:19:38 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
Quote from: "oldgamefreak"
You guys are tough....

Kids learn to call mags "clips" from somewhere. Gotta train them right early!

True but with stuff like this, http://www.cabelas.com/ssubcat-1/cat20807.shtml ,out there I can see how it gets confusing for younger people. Also Hollywood uses the term loosely in many movies.
"America might have some problems, but it\'s our home. Our country. Our team. And if you don\'t want to root for your team, then just get the hell out of the stadium"........Stan Marsh

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »
sorry zulu i didnt mean to come down hard.... :oops:

Offline zulu_k

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »
Thanks for your guy's support! No one came down on me too hard, I perfer it if people don't cut me slack just 'cause I'm 14 though...
Yes, lol I always call the parts correctly, it is a mag I tought myself, not a clip.  Thanks for your guy's ideas and support again.
I tried to keep my rifle simple, but I wanted to be able to do many things with it. Thanks alot everyone!

--edit--
Oh wow I re-read my post and found that I DID call it a clip!  :oops:
I try to call them correctly....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by zulu_k »
Some go places to be a tourist.
Some go places to be an adventurer.
I go places to conquer.

Offline oldgamefreak

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »
Quote from: "zulu_k"
Thanks for your guy's support! No one came down on me too hard, I perfer it if people don't cut me slack just 'cause I'm 14 though...
Yes, lol I always call the parts correctly, it is a mag I tought myself, not a clip.  Thanks for your guy's ideas and support again.
I tried to keep my rifle simple, but I wanted to be able to do many things with it. Thanks alot everyone!

--edit--
Oh wow I re-read my post and found that I DID call it a clip!  :oops:
I try to call them correctly....

Don't sweat it, I'm 38 and was in the Army for 9 years and I still call them "clips" from time to time. And you would be supprised how many people in the Armed Services ONLY call them clips.