Author Topic: Prescottonia 7-26-2014  (Read 25940 times)

Offline Salv5031

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
  • Infantry
    • View Profile
Re: Prescottonia 7-26-2014
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »
What about atacs FG can we use that one or it will go the same as MC
Infantry

Offline Salv5031

• Sergeant
  • Infantry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 06:26:54 PM »
Ill be there
Infantry

Offline Oscar Juliet

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »
[Removed by Oscar Juliet]

After talking to several of you via Private Message I understand that my points did not come across as intended. I wanted to simply investigate the reason behind not allowing multicam at this event. I wanted to know if this was the norm and explain my reasoning for investigating this. The unit that I am trying to spread awareness about is simply for your information. That it does exist for anyone that is interested. I will keep all of that information and discussion on my own topic. For any of you that would like to talk to me please feel free to private message me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:11:27 PM by Oscar Juliet »

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 10:38:13 PM »
Hate to sound this way, but it's their game and they can run it however they like.

On a side note, went to Prescottonia last year and had a blast. It really is worth the investment of $30-40 worth of surplus camouflage. There was a good bit of mix up last year, though. ACU was mixed up for green and Multicam was mistaken for both.

If need be, I've got several extra sets of green and tan camo (size M to XL). If you want to go and need a set, drop me a pm and I'll bring a CLEAN set of BDUs for you to wear at the game.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline ThatGuy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Major
  • Step Up Or Step Aside
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 12:01:43 AM »
I will get some orange road cones and everyone that is unwilling to work with us on dividing the teams  will get to wear a  cone and what ever camo they want.
I mean Seriously people if you don't like it/ don't want to work with your fellow airsofter  stay home and play with your self.

Side note...moose
thank you for your attempt to come up with a solution to the multicam dilemma
OMNIBUS LOCIS FIT CAEDES
 WHISKEY 1 TEAM LEADER.

Offline ruberup

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
I've got extra green and tan in xl if anyone is needing it to borrow.
Greg
W1A

Offline Oscar Juliet

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »
[Removed by Oscar Juliet]

After talking to several of you via Private Message I understand that my points did not come across as intended. I wanted to simply investigate the reason behind not allowing multicam at this event. I wanted to know if this was the norm and explain my reasoning for investigating this. The unit that I am trying to spread awareness about is simply for your information. That it does exist for anyone that is interested. I will keep all of that information and discussion on my own topic. For any of you that would like to talk to me please feel free to private message me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:11:49 PM by Oscar Juliet »

Offline Mandals

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »
How many people are scheduled to go to this event? I'm willing to play for tan + 1 if there will be a good turnout. Prescott is quite the drive for me.

Offline Thorper

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 10:34:41 PM »
+1 for tan

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 10:57:33 PM »
Yeah I was going to add that. It is their game they can choose what they want but it is still a lazy way of not dealing with something. Heck I'd wear pink tape arm bands on both my arms to identify what team I was on. Seems like that would be an easy solution to people who wear different camo. Each team marked with a color. Nothing for me to worry about though. Right now I'm just getting an idea of what games are out there because our plans are to get USJTF rolling out there.

I used to play at Mr. Paintball in Escondido CA. And let me tell you- it was a consistent clusterfuck.

They allowed all types of camo at the weekend games. Then they divided up the teams into two groups. One mostly tan. One mostly green. But more often then not there were groups of friends on the same team who refused to be split up and as a result there was tan and greens in the same team.

Then they put blue or green or yellow tape on the arms.

Problem is though --

sometimes all you see is a leg. Or an ass. Or a back. Or turned sideways just right.... Sneaking through the bushes (like Prescott's terrain) it's hard to differentiate. So I usually just shoot and then ask questions later.

Friendly fire is a bitch.

Not to mention some of us like to spend $$dollars$$ on our sweet setup and try to be as stealthy as possible. Nothing like a big yellow or green or blue piece of tape to let others know where you're hiding. Yay. Turd in the punchbowl...

So think of this as milsim. You're probably looking to attend an airsoft match. Or game or whatever. The ones where goobers run around with dragon guns and pulse rifles and yell pew pew pew and don't have a radio or know anything about tactics or team cohesion.

Those games are hosted weekly at vanguard and fighter town. Nothing wrong with them but again- this is a milsim game.

But then again I've only been playing for over 15 years and what do I know?! 

I've watched a great sport that was once highly regarded as an honorable persons game where people were very polite and followed the rules, called all hits even if it was questionable and regarded safety with priority into a game inundated with cheaters, whiny players and just all out disrespect for safety.

So green or tan. Save the MC or ATACS for the park skirmishes. I'm sure it wouldn't kill anyone to have one more set of BDU. I have 6 different sets.

So I think this is anything BUT lazy. It's much more work to petition people for uniformity.

In closing - The whale

That is why.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:00:51 PM by Ivan »
Im an operator....

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 11:04:34 PM »

ATACS FG falls under green.  Just don't be suprised if a woodland/ W MARPAT guy shoots you :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:06:14 PM by Ivan »
Im an operator....

Offline headhunter

• Sergeant First Class
  • I'll give you my bbs...one at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 11:26:34 PM »
I should be there for either tan or green. I don't know but I have Choco chip BDU's with an OD vest. Unless I can manage to get some woodland stuff or a new vest I'm not sure if I can play or not.
Primary: JG G36c
Secondary: WE Tech Biohazard M9

Offline Bronze Dragon

• Private First Class
  • Cheap but effective
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »

ATACS FG falls under green.  Just don't be suprised if a woodland/ W MARPAT guy shoots you :P

Thats a good point in my book. same/similar camo forces the issues of cooperation. Know who is on your team.

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »
Gear color does not matter. The only thing that matters in regards to color is your BDU's. Woodland and Marpat with tan gear is OK. DCU, Tan, Choco Chip with green gear is OK.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Salv5031

• Sergeant
  • Infantry
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 09:22:32 AM »
Is it hard for people to understand that the game has to be green vs tan is so simple to understand that damn just take green ifytou are in green team and tan if you are in tan team. They say no MC because it has the look of green and tan. Damn just take tan or green simple as that or just stay home.
Infantry