Author Topic: Sites to buy from  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Chaos_Airsoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Sites to buy from
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
Hi guys I'm just starting in airsoft and I would like to know what sites you buy your guns, uniforms, BB's etc. because I'm thinking of AirSplat but they look to shady too me so should I go with Airsoft GI or what?

Offline joesig58

• FNG
    • View Profile
Re: Sites to buy from
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:44:23 PM »
I go to Evike for most of my stuff because of their service and selection. Airsplat is known to be unprofessional and has a bad rep. Airsoft GI is alright though. Evike is best for guns and upgrades, and they have all the apparel you could ever need or want. Airsoft GI is where I get accuracy upgrades - barrels, hop up buckings, things like that. Whatever I can't find at Evike, I look on Airsoft GI. Over the years Evike has been better to me than any retailer.

For uniforms (BDUs) I go to a physical store so I can try it on. I don't suggest buying things that require fitting online unless there is a detailed sizing chart.

Welcome to the sport!
Loadout:
Polar Star MK18 and MK12 Upper
Tokyo Marui G18C AEP
I <3 ghillie suits ;)

Offline Chaos_Airsoft

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 07:58:13 PM »
Thank man this means a lot to me because I love the sport (my parents don't) so I just fell weird with the rental gun I get from the arena

Offline sigma85051

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 01:32:44 AM »
They both have ups and downs to be honest. I like Airsoft GI with there points system. Got like $70 at one point. Evike never did that to what I know but they do seem to have more in most cases. But one down to evike is I have made orders online that say things in stock to find out later they are not so call them up before you order Alans check your stuff. GI I know could have the same issue but I have never had that happen with them yet. GI also has free shipping with no coupon on orders over $100 and you can use coupons on top of that. Unlike evoke where u pick one or the other. But to give evoke some credit they do carry and stock some of the weirder but cool stuff. Also evike website can be easy to find what exactly u need. GI is good but sometimes your looking through a bunch of pages for just 1 item.
Wolf Pack Omega team leader
G&G customs gotta love em'
The hunt is on!

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:17:40 AM »
Hi guys I'm just starting in airsoft and I would like to know what sites you buy your guns, uniforms, BB's etc. because I'm thinking of AirSplat but they look to shady too me so should I go with Airsoft GI or what?

And of course Chaos  check out your local dealers first if possible, the Air Soft retail community needs to be healthy in order to maintain local stores for our use... It's a you scratch my back, I scratch your back type of relationship so we will have local stores and help when needed...

Just my $.02
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline shootright

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 09:51:57 PM »
Chaos_Airsoft

About what you said:
Thank man this means a lot to me because I love the sport (my parents don't) so I just fell weird with the rental gun I get from the arena

I want to pass this is on to you maybe this could help and maybe it will not. http://www.ammoland.com/2014/03/pointing-guns-at-other-people-is-not-always-wrong/#axzz2zFeN2DEk
I come across this and I think this guy is spot on.

The only thing I see missing in the airsoft world is proper training and the building blocks of shooting. Do not take me wrong I see a lot of airsoft shooters that can shoot put most and this is manly the kids they have not been taught proper hold, safety and NPA.

I have shot comp in the firearm world I'm X Army Inf, NRA certified Coach and NRA National Coach Development Coach Staff (This means I train shooting coaches). This is why I see IASP, IA3Gun AND IDPA very good programs to shoot airgun/airsoft if you are one that shoots airsoft in any way. Each one of these shooting sports have there own way to help one become more proficient in tactical movement and shot placement etc. 

Offline wolfenblaze

• Staff Sergeant
  • IF all else fails BLOW IT UP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 04:28:06 PM »
EBAY
FOR JUSTICe and freedom

Offline kevindagee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »
I go on eHobbyAsia a lot. They seem to have everything ever sold for airsoft, but they need to do a better job at restocking items.
Custom P* MK18
Custom DSG HK416
KWA LM4 Magpul Edition
WE SAI M&P9, Tokyo Marui Custom G17, Tokyo Marui Custom Hi Capa

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
Depends on what you are looking for. I'd stick to domestic sites for actual guns. If you are after replica 'cool guy' gear, there are a number of solid ones for that.