Author Topic: How can I Vanguard-ready my gun?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline punkerr1313

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
How can I Vanguard-ready my gun?
« on: March 23, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »
Hey guys I need a little bit of help. I've been playing airsoft for a year or so now but recently got into CQB. I plan on getting myself an Airsoft GI G4-18 CQBR when they come back in stock. My only problem is that it says it shoots 350+ fps, which is too hot for Vanguard. The video also shows it chronoing at about 350. My understanding is that most G&G guns come with M100 springs in them, which should be a lower fps than this is listed. What would I need to do to get this gun playable at Vanguard? Thanks for any help in advance.
G&G GR15 Raider customized
KWA ATP

Offline Ghow

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: How can I Vanguard-ready my gun?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
All you would have to do is either A: shoot youre gun A LOT and keep the spring compressed and the FPS will eventually do down OR go to vanguard ask to buy the spring they sell their that will take it down to about 320 to 335(witch would be fine) or have them install it for for for 25 or 30 dollars im not sure what the prices are there but just ask cause I know they sell 330 fps springs there and its also good because lowering the FPS also preserves the internals hope this help thats really all you need to do to "Vanguard ready" youre weapon but anyways awesome that you switched to vanguard maybe ill see you around I just joined Arizona ops they play at vanguard uite often anyways hope this helped:)
Kill em all, let God sort it out later:)

Offline punkerr1313

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »
I know keeping the spring compressed will bring down the fps but it can also cause the piston to strip. I didn't know that vanguard had that service though that would help! Does that cost include the cost of the spring and the cost of install?
KWA ATP

Offline TheUNIT

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »
I know keeping the spring compressed will bring down the fps but it can also cause the piston to strip. I didn't know that vanguard had that service though that would help! Does that cost include the cost of the spring and the cost of install?

Well an M90 spring is what you want. I think they charge about $35? (Service+spring)... Then there is also Gearbox that can do it or even some of the techs on the forum!
G&P (built from the ground up) WOC
ICS DSG
Star FNC
KWA M9

Offline ruberup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 09:53:57 PM »
Don't expect to get your gun back same day or even soon. Last I heard there was at least a 2 week wait.
Greg
W1A

Offline Ghow

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »
you know i would recommend buying the spring at vanguard and installing it youreself or go to gearbox aitsoft their very generous about labor they installed my tightbore for free even though it takes 2 minutes APD charges 12 dollars for 2 minutes worth of labor
Kill em all, let God sort it out later:)

Offline TheUNIT

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »
you know i would recommend buying the spring at vanguard and installing it youreself or go to gearbox aitsoft their very generous about labor they installed my tightbore for free even though it takes 2 minutes APD charges 12 dollars for 2 minutes worth of labor
Ya Gearbox is great. For a spring change they will charge though. It takes more than two minutes!
G&P (built from the ground up) WOC
ICS DSG
Star FNC
KWA M9

Offline SLINKEY

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 12:25:22 AM »
if you come to me,  you can Go wander around metro-center for an hour it'll be done

the best trick i would say is shoot you gun on a dead battery so it cycles and doesnt fire. (this will not strip your piston)

let it sit for a week or so. The springs in the G4 series suck, plain and simple. every single one iv seen has been under 300 fps within a few months of purchase.

Offline Steveothegringo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 12:32:30 AM »
I thought people wanted to avoid Vanguard anyway because its kind of a kiddy zone?
I haven't been, but at least what I have heard...

Offline SLINKEY

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »
Vanguard is all about when you go there, avoide friday nights, and weekends and you avoide 90% of the kids

Offline punkerr1313

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
I have a friend who I think can do it but if I need someone to do it I'll be in contact with you through PM, Slinkey. In regards to my friend doing it, would a m90 be my best choice an what companies make good springs?
KWA ATP

Offline SLINKEY

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
Iv never had a problem with modify, guarder, promethious or systema springs all work great.

Im on 35th and peoria so im not far at all

Offline B0RN2FISH

• Private First Class
  • -The Almighty Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »
My g4 came shooting at 380 with .2s, I didn't have an option to go to gearbox or other places and I needed the gun that day so i paid $35 for the Spring and labor.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum...