Author Topic: nov. 18&19 moved new site exit 243 I-10  (Read 18400 times)

Offline taz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftaddicts.com
(No subject)
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2006, 06:21:27 PM »
It was a great camping trip.  8)  I enjoyed airsofting next to and against my friends. Thanks Mikey for getting it going this morning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by taz »
Scott
Airsoft Addicts

www.AirsoftAddicts.com  (I\'LL PEE ON YOU)

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2006, 09:49:46 PM »
My only niggle was the planning.  Other then that I had an decent time.  Would I do it again? I dont know, as it stands probably not for a while (since its thanksgiving break and shortly after that is christmas)  Maybe next year sometime I will :)  I like the area.  With a little bit more cover and planning it will definetely be worth it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Whiskey11 »

Offline rambo

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/theorigionalarmyofone
(No subject)
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2006, 02:21:09 AM »
I was one of the people that stepped in and tried to make a scenerio for this game. WHEN AZ-FIGHTER (don't remember exact name) ASKED FOR IDEAS, I STEPPED UP AND TRIED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN, i just got back from country this month and this was my first game, and i was trying to make it happen, you guys have experience and didn't and couldn't do JACK. i don't wanna hear ANYTHING about poor planning. WHAT DID YOU DO.  it's not hard you just gotta take initiative. no hard feelings, just man up people.
anyway, i started thinking of another op we could run there during a full moon this time so we can do a night up, maybe go noon to noon 24 hour op+.
since i'm here, and don't have much to do inbetween holidays beside go to VA and Tricare, i'll try to build up the site and we can do a Vietnam op, with lots of booby traps? i had to get the feel for airsoft.
the problem was that people were trying to enjoy airsoft, but not run a military op as a military op. you guys had to warm up before you can do what you came to do, that sad (no offense), but everybody switching from green to tan, WTF get your shiite straight.
come with a smile and positive attitude, what do you airsoft for? you can't come up with ideas? WTF.
It was fun, if it wan't for phoenix it wouldn't have been such a great game. that was an awesome performance. we just gotta keep playing and stop breaking next time. it was fun when all you see is red bandanas everywhere. if we could get some more big games going next year, it would be great. MARAUDERS and etc with their charging for games isn't appealing, our site if free, remember for future games. camping was fun?
planning was an issue,  yes. cuz the person trying to TAKE CHARGE of the op didn't know what to do, didn't know anybody and didn't have experience, and Tucson, what happened Tucson??? the few that showed up left cuz they were the only ones there, i didn't want to sleep in my truck while everybody else went home. I'LL HUNT PEOPLE DOWN AND MAKE 'EM COMMIT NEXT TIME WE PLAY. this new site has a lot of opportunities. look forward to meeting and shooting you guys again.
REMEMBER LOOK OUT FOR RAMBO (green beret, going at it rambo style!  :twisted: )

REMEBER, YOUR LEADERS FAILED, BUT WHAT DID YOU DO TO HELP  :?:
proverb: evil prevails when good men do nothing
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by rambo »
Kill \'em All, Let Allah Sort \'em Out
**peace, love, & harmony~---~chaos, mayhem, destruction**

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2006, 08:14:20 AM »
well.. i mean.. i can play the top gun theme song on the clarinet. so there
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline yammie r6s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2006, 02:36:31 PM »
i really think that the seperate camps, had a lot to blame, for instance every time we started a new game we had to walk a quater of a mile to wait and hear from one person on a radio. so if this is done again i think it would do a lot of good to do one campsite. and if need be, still have seperate team bases. this way every one gets a chance to communicate ideas and get along. cuz there were times where we were geared up ready to go and just sat  and waited. other than that i had a great time. me and my guys were doing smaller games in between the big ones and stayed until 3:30, it was a blast. thanks to the guys who set it up. and i hope to see you all out there again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by yammie r6s »

Offline infinitydragon11

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2006, 03:20:41 PM »
i was talkin with aztac during the game and his original idea was acctually pretty cool, but i guess some people shot it down cuz it was too confusing. It was planned for both to have a camp (safe zone for cars tents and not needing eye pro) and a base that has to be defended. the whole idea was to be playing constantly, sending out skirmishes, setting up firewatch, and just playing the whole time we were out. i guess that fell through when some people found it to complicated. i like the whole idea of constant playing, i mean, in real combat youre not gonna sit on your ass for an hour and a half and wait for the enemy force to radio in and tell you theyre ready
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by infinitydragon11 »
SAM-K

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Offline howrangi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/howrangi
game
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »
Team Steno wants to have another game at the AO.  We had a blast and want to go get em again.  We'll have 3 senarios ready for the game.   also on behalf of both parties we (Team Steno) had a blast from all snarios.  I liked the river battle my self.  ha ha GOOD GAME YA'LL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by howrangi »
The sword is a weapon of peace. With this sword I stand ready to defend my lineage, my family, my friends, and always, always our blessed country.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »
Quote from: "infinitydragon11"
i was talkin with aztac during the game and his original idea was acctually pretty cool, but i guess some people shot it down cuz it was too confusing. It was planned for both to have a camp (safe zone for cars tents and not needing eye pro) and a base that has to be defended. the whole idea was to be playing constantly, sending out skirmishes, setting up firewatch, and just playing the whole time we were out. i guess that fell through when some people found it to complicated. i like the whole idea of constant playing, i mean, in real combat youre not gonna sit on your ass for an hour and a half and wait for the enemy force to radio in and tell you theyre ready

I think the problem was some us camped out (Phoenix guys and team SCUM) and the rest just drove in a short distance from home. So can you blame us for not being 100% fresh with the prolonged travel time and camp setup?

Then I remembered Spazz's 4200mAh battery died during one of the games on Sunday. If people with lower capacity tried to do the scenario you were proposing, I'm pretty sure we'd have a lot of dead batteries 3/4 of the way through.

But barring logistics and supply issues that would've sounded like a fun scenario.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »
I had a great time, the AO is very nice and I always enjoy getting together with friends and making new ones.

Some problems? yes.  Are they unsolvable? No.

I still plan on heading down to Tucson to play whenever I can.  There are alot of cool people down there and they deserve to have the chance to Airsoft with the cool people from up here.

That was my first large Airsoft Camping trip, and although the downtime was not to my liking, everthing else about long duration games is to my liking.  I want to do more.

Se yas out there,
Charlie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1

Offline bio

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2006, 05:34:20 PM »
Had a good time,enjoyed meeting the Phoneix players.Hope to play with you again
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by bio »

Offline Gauge

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2006, 08:13:47 PM »
Eh, it was pretty good for the most part. It doesn't matter now but the tan and green bases were kind of reversed as far as who should have been stationed where. Also we had serious problems with turn out for the green team. I give props to all who volunteered to stand in for the green side and also to those who did show up with Green as they said they would and giving it 110% effort to make the weekend work regardless of the minor difficulties we had getting off the ground on Saturday.

Anyways, that's really all that was bad about this weekend other than I agree about the distances to cover between bases was pretty long and the sitting around part, but I also can understand that only a few key personas were doing what they could to make the games work. Big shout out to those individuals for stepping in and trying new things. Big shout out also to AZTACGUNFIGHTER for finding the place first of all and at least arranging a date and getting a good deal of people to commit to this event.

Either way, I had a really good time and I'm only listing the areas of improvement since they are so few compared to what went right. I was also one of the shooters who decided to kill extra time between big scenarios with some others playing Airsoft Blob Tag and the sweet game at the end of the weekend down in the wet wash. That seriously made the last few hours all worth it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gauge »
Team Saguaro

Offline LOKI

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2006, 10:28:06 PM »
Well its really nice to see that people from phx. did have fun. You guys make airsofting fun, no bitching just playing. Were going to work on our (Tucson) turn out and senarios problems and when we do Phx. will be the first to check it out, if you guys want. i dont want to give it away but i know AZ has NEVER seen this before. Im really glad that a lot of people liked our opsite. So through and through I think Azgunfighter did alright finding the site, working the post, setting time and dates. Team SCUM thanks everyone that showed and hopes see everyone again. And we promise ALL qwerks will be worked out. And remember Azgunfighter (SCUM LEADER) did leave the door open to all ideas for this op, no one likes to be treated like shyt i.e. told what to do for certain senarios, when one , two, or more people dont like that certain idea. thats why he left posts for suggestions from anyone, but we (SCUM) learned that some people do like this authority put on them. Just know next time things will be different. Sorry and thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by LOKI »

Offline infinitydragon11

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2006, 07:38:27 PM »
Yeah, i agree. next time you guys come up with an op idea, stick to it. thats what my boys at A.S.O.A are doing for an op up in strawberry in january. and for all of you who bailed out early, you did miss one hell of blob game! we tore that wash up and had a blast doing it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by infinitydragon11 »
SAM-K

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Offline rambo

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/theorigionalarmyofone
(No subject)
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2006, 10:08:11 PM »
people called off the op while it was still running. so say again, stick to it? anyway, if you have an incredibly upgraded gun like spazz, you can expect to have a dead battery, spazz did a lot of killing, i think he's the one who kept shooting me, cuz i never found the guy. anyway, i got two batteries for my main gun, we posted to come prepared.
anyway look forward to future games, i also love the op area and wouldn't mind driving up there for some more intense airsofting!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by rambo »
Kill \'em All, Let Allah Sort \'em Out
**peace, love, & harmony~---~chaos, mayhem, destruction**