Airsoft Hardware > Troubleshooting

HOP Up wheel hard to spin

(1/4) > >>

chainsaw:
Ok, This is on my ICS c-15 or SR-16 and I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on how to make the hop up adjustment easier to spin, at the moment it is very difficult.

busta_cap:
Well, you could always turn the screw on the hop up wheel...Sometimes that helps..

chainsaw:
Well thanks busta what exactley do you meam, i am trying to not have to take apart my gat just yet.

azsarge:
If you can handle it, the best thing to do would be to remove it and inspect all the gears and plastic parts to make sure they move freely.  Do it without the bucking installed first, and then with.  

While you are at it, clean the unit, and place a drop of threadlocker on the tip of the screw that holds in the adjustment wheel (taking care not to get any on the wheel itself).  This will keep the screw stationary in relation to the unit, rather than the wheel, which turns.  This will prevent the screw from tightening (which may be what's causing the difficulty in rotation), or worse - the screw falling out.

Vince:
Have you ever adjusted it? Are you going in the wrong direction? It's pretty tight for me as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version