Author Topic: I'm torn between two guns.  (Read 1462 times)

Offline A. Woolsey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
I'm torn between two guns.
« on: September 20, 2009, 03:33:55 AM »
I am goin to buy a new gun but i don't know which to buy. there's one: A&K Full Metal SR-25 and then there's the Echo1 Full Metal SCAR. I want a good field gun with power, rang, and accuracy and i don't want a riffle that will skimp put on me. Does anyone have advice for me on this matter?   [smilie=armata_pdt_05.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Winters

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: I'm torn between two guns.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »
I have the A&K Sr25.  Its a good gun just needs a few upgrades and parts.  It is full auto which can be fixed with a new selector switch.  The stock hop up should be changed out.  It needs a re-shim and new bushings and if you get the QD you can fit a 650mm barrel in to it. battery is a small type and the stock is fairly large on the inside. It takes CA and G&P mags.
When in doubt, shoot first.
N.W.A.T.T.
North West Airsoft Tactical Team

Offline gillls

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
I was really thinking of getting the a&K sr 25. the only thing that turned me down was that is ONLY took SR 25 mags. and those get pricey.

I love A&K guns. great brand. has some faults tho, but can easily be fixed and or modified to be dependable.

if a sr 25 is the model that you are looking for, my suggestion would be to buy a M16 with metal rails and add a long silencer to it officialy making a SR 10. it still being a m16, takes m16 mags witch are over average 125% cheaper than sr 25 mags.

the SCAR, its alright, takes m16 mags, i like to think of it as an m16/m4 varient.  id buy it if i wasnt already set with 2 aegs. The WE gas scar looks intresting to me, for just the SCAR compact look and the gas compenents.

my .02

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
The Echo1 SCAR was a nightmare for me to work on, getting the gearbox out of the body is hell. Other than that it's a good gun. I just wouldn't recommend it if you plan on tinkering around with it.

Offline A. Woolsey

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 03:09:11 PM »
Alright thank you evryone, this is helping! I don't plan on taking them apart, I usually just pay for the service, but I just want a reliable gun that will show it's reliability all the time. Okay okay i'll admit it has to be sexy, but as long as it has range, accuracy, and sexiness, it will do fine for me.
Two more things, does the trigger wiggle? And do the mags wiggle? If so can the mag. wiggle be fixed with electric tape and how much does the trigger wiggle?

Offline A. Woolsey

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:50:13 PM »
Well I've done a WHOLE lot of searching, and I think I'm decided. I figured I really wanted a Scar, so, I looked around. FINALLY, i found the Dboys Scar. I read all the reviews and such and I think this is the gun I want. If anyone can give me some feedback on this gun I'd appreciate it. I still want range, accuracy, and power. Rate of fire isn't my biggest concern, but if the gun happens to have it, it's a plus. Thanks!

Offline Kingarmssniper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »
Quote from: "A. Woolsey"
Well I've done a WHOLE lot of searching, and I think I'm decided. I figured I really wanted a Scar, so, I looked around. FINALLY, i found the Dboys Scar. I read all the reviews and such and I think this is the gun I want. If anyone can give me some feedback on this gun I'd appreciate it. I still want range, accuracy, and power. Rate of fire isn't my biggest concern, but if the gun happens to have it, it's a plus. Thanks!

dboy guns are echo1 rejects in other words its the same design as echo1 scar, even more faults
Pray Psalm Aspergas

Offline A. Woolsey

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »
Quote from: "Kingarmssniper"

dboy guns are echo1 rejects in other words its the same design as echo1 scar, even more faults

This says a WHOLE lot about the gun...
I shot this gun the other day and it has had no repairs or replacements and fired like a well oiled machine, I don't see what you mean.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »
The Echo 1 scars are simply amazing.
If you compare them side by side with the DBoys, you will definitely notice that the echo 1 is sturdier, prettier, and has better accuracy.

Offline Kingarmssniper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 07:22:03 PM »

This says a WHOLE lot about the gun...
I shot this gun the other day and it has had no repairs or replacements and fired like a well oiled machine, I don't see what you mean.

sorry ive seen so many kids at the local shop pick up a jg and have it fail three weeks later. Seems like its almost the death of the clone soon, China is smashing down airsoft manufacturers left and right so for the price and the fact its a good starter...maybe its worth it!
Pray Psalm Aspergas

Offline A. Woolsey

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
Quote from: "axisofoil"
The Echo 1 scars are simply amazing.
If you compare them side by side with the DBoys, you will definitely notice that the echo 1 is sturdier, prettier, and has better accuracy.

I like "prettier"  :mrgreen:
I'm still torn but my friend has a G&G M16 with  a 120 spring and internals upgraded for a Li-Po battery for 80$ but just has a missing stock and i can get one of those easy so i'm also highly considering that...

Offline satallite

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »
And where are you getting this info from?

DBoys is it's own company. Where Echo 1 is a rebrand company. Every gun they sell came from some other Manufacturer. The ECHO1 SCAR is a rebranded Dboys SCAR. ECHO will also slightly modify the gun to run a little smoother, and sometimes downgrade their spring to shoot less hot.

I have also seen Stock Dboys out perform Stock Echos. While the ECHO 30 day warranty(?) is nice, Echos are overpriced.

Also a G&G m16 for $80? what else is wrong with it besides the missing stock?
.308 holes leave empty souls
.308=/=.223

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 11:29:59 PM »
Austin it's not a G&G it's an Echo 1 and I don't think it's li-po ready. It is worth the 80 bucks though but I wouldn't put a li-po in it unless I knew it was li-po ready. Just a heads up. I'm not trying to make you not buy I'm just letting you know a few things about it, but it still is worth the 80 bucks.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline satallite

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 02:14:06 AM »
Quote from: "xTanTricK"
Austin it's not a G&G it's an Echo 1 and I don't think it's li-po ready. It is worth the 80 bucks though but I wouldn't put a li-po in it unless I knew it was li-po ready. Just a heads up. I'm not trying to make you not buy I'm just letting you know a few things about it, but it still is worth the 80 bucks.
All AEGs are "Li-po ready". The guns that claim they are "Li-po ready", just means the have been designed to take more of the pressure a li-po exerts on the internals versus a standard AEG.
.308 holes leave empty souls
.308=/=.223

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 10:00:32 AM »
Quote from: "satallite"
Quote from: "xTanTricK"
All AEGs are "Li-po ready". The guns that claim they are "Li-po ready", just means the have been designed to take more of the pressure a li-po exerts on the internals versus a standard AEG.
KWA.............! w00t w00t  :)
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?