Author Topic:  (Read 9142 times)

Offline Harley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2003, 07:26:28 AM »
Ft. Huachuca is an operating Army base.  It's where a major portion of the eaves dropping on radio communications takes place.  Intel gathering.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline Bhodi

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://swairtac.com
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2003, 10:11:22 AM »
We're hoping to do this on the weekend of Aug 9-10. The moon will be almost full so we can do some night missions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bhodi »
Justin (aka Bhodi)
SWAIRTAC Tucson
eagles.rawsquad.com
swairtac.com  \"Ann Marie, do the interns get Glocks?\" \"No, they all share one.\"

Offline Bladerunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2003, 03:44:49 PM »
This all sounds really great. But I have a question about night games. I know sniping in airsoft at night is pretty stupid and not to mention hard unless you have night vision, but is it allowed? Can snipers play at night with their guns? If not I think a ghillie at night in the dark and a gas blowback will be plenty for a sniper.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bladerunner »

Offline Boondock Saint

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2003, 05:30:05 PM »
A sniper rifle will still work well. The last two day AA game in prescott, we played a night game. Mark (stonegalewolf) used his sniper rifle and did really well. You couldn't hear Marks rifle fire. You could hear a AEG going off and somewhat know the direction, from which it came.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Boondock Saint »

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2003, 05:31:39 PM »
Those P90s are Extremly quiet! My Mp5 sounds like a bazooka compared to that P90 at the June 29th game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2003, 05:33:30 PM »
ok, sounds good! a week before school starts!

Offline Bhodi

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2003, 05:57:05 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bladerunner</i>
<br />This all sounds really great. But I have a question about night games. I know sniping in airsoft at night is pretty stupid and not to mention hard unless you have night vision, but is it allowed? Can snipers play at night with their guns? If not I think a ghillie at night in the dark and a gas blowback will be plenty for a sniper.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a sniper rifle, it may be more difficult to see your targets, but that's also why we want to do this on a fairly full moon night so there is enough light to see where you're going and what you're shooting. What, doesn't everyone have night vision just laying around? Ha.
Justin (aka Bhodi)
SWAIRTAC Tucson
eagles.rawsquad.com
swairtac.com  \"Ann Marie, do the interns get Glocks?\" \"No, they all share one.\"

Offline Bhodi

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2003, 06:07:23 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HavHav</i>
<br />Those P90s are Extremly quiet! My Mp5 sounds like a bazooka compared to that P90 at the June 29th game.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The silencer on that P-90 has foam in it which suppresses much better than the plastic baffles in the MP5SD. I believe there is a foam silencer you can get, but I don't think you will have a problem with your AEG making too much noise.
Justin (aka Bhodi)
SWAIRTAC Tucson
eagles.rawsquad.com

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2003, 06:20:02 PM »
Who needs a full moon when you can have Thermal Imaging? Only the price of a car! $11,000 (seriosly saw a m16 mount and thermal imaging scope for an m16 on ebay!) You could heat up your bbs so you have a tracer just for you! and you could see everyone and everyone within who knows how far!

Offline Bhodi

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2003, 06:28:30 PM »
That would be awesome, but let's keep those topics in the discussion forums, we're getting off subject.[;)]
Justin (aka Bhodi)
SWAIRTAC Tucson
eagles.rawsquad.com

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2003, 10:05:27 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">A sniper rifle will still work well. The last two day AA game in prescott, we played a night game. Mark (stonegalewolf) used his sniper rifle and did really well. You couldn't hear Marks rifle fire. You could hear a AEG going off and somewhat know the direction, from which it came.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Marks M40 is not upgraded and is shooting on stock internals.  I would not allow an upgraded sniper (+400FPS) for night play, just too much chance for injury.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline Boondock Saint

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2003, 10:07:58 PM »
At that two day AA game his M40 was stock, but at the last AA game in prescott. He had put a 300% spring in it which put almost right at 500FPS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Boondock Saint »

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2003, 06:15:28 AM »
sorry about that. So they might allow us to run around a military base with guns that look incredibally realistic?

Offline Bhodi

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2003, 06:18:05 PM »
We're working on it. More to follow-
Justin (aka Bhodi)
SWAIRTAC Tucson
eagles.rawsquad.com

Offline KenCasper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2003, 09:58:11 PM »
knowing the unit currently running the security down there I doubt you will get too. But who knows? Most of the base has been sent over seas leaving just the training portion still running, and they are rotating NG units through for security.

I'd be up for an over night game, how about heading up toward the hills? Maybe around globe???? should be a lil cooler.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KenCasper »
Sgt Kevin Widner
AKA \"Casper\"

\"The Harder you train the harder your enemy must train...all comes down to who gives up first!   Mike \"Colonel\" Potter