Author Topic: What VSR 10 upgrade am I missing?  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Morgann0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
What VSR 10 upgrade am I missing?
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:55:48 PM »
So I have a rifle that I'd like to sneak in a quick upgrade before a game coming up on the 3rd.  It's got a few things in it already, but I was hoping to do something quick and somewhat cheap (no zero triggers ha).  I know my way around the parts,  but I'm not so sure which ones are better/worse  So here is what I already have

HFC USR-11 - I don't know if this is a good clone or not, but it's been compatible so far
Deep Fire Reinforced Sear Assembly - Any good? Will it last?
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/DeepFire_VSR_10_Trigger_Sear_p/77734.htm
Laylax 6.03mm inner barrel (430mm)
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft_Laylax_VSR_10_6_03mm_Inner_Barrel_430mm_p/58451.htm
Laylax Hig Pressure Piston (Red Version)
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Laylax_VSR_10_High_Pressure_Piston_s_silent_shaft_p/58463.htm
And what I believe to be a 150 spring.  Shoot 410 w/.25s dunno about .20s seems slow to me, do I need a new spring?
All else is stock

What else can I do?  Teflon cylinder is not happening right now.   A new cylinder head? I hear some don't thread well with others? What about a nineball hopup? I've heard good things. Barrel Spacers?  Would any of these make a difference?

Can I handle a 170sp? The bolt pull is already pretty stiff.  I can hit targets at realistic max of 200ft anything after that would be lucky.  Not necessarily looking for more range, I know that comes with more FPS, accuracy would help too.  I shoot .25s I should probably get something heavier eh?  Whats all this about Teflon tape I've heard? I welcome all advice, sorry for so many questions
\"All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be.\"

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What VSR 10 upgrade am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »
If you haven't shimmed your hop-up I'd suggest doing that.

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
Ok well, I bought a Laylax teflon cylinder, a laylax cylinder damper head and a nineball bucking.  I just put everything in, and while it sounds fine in dry fire, I cannot get it to fire a bb with the magazine in place.   When I try to fire it just makes a slow hissing noise and no bb comes out.  I have a game in two days. 

Please help me Airsoft Arizona! You are my only hope!

EDIT: There is a small piece that fell out somewhere.  I believe it came out of the hop up unit, but couldn't find it in any pictures.  It is a very small spring, with a small knub type insert.  I could post a picture if it could help.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:11:04 PM by Morgann0 »

Offline ghost1216

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
You could just put the old parts back in until you figure out what's wrong with the ones in there now

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
You could just put the old parts back in until you figure out what's wrong with the ones in there now

Yeah, and I will as a last resort, but I obviously prefer to use these new superior(?) parts.  I might take it to a tech, but VSRs and the clones are pretty simple, so I'd like to diy here.  I can get it to fire by manually loading a bb into the chamber but not with the mag.

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »
This is the piece that came out.  Anyone got an idea?

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 02:29:51 PM »
OK updates, I got that little piece back in, found out where it goes from a great VSR visual guide.  Now I know the issue is mag/feed related.  The first shot out of a mag fires every-time, but after that its either double feeding, or something, because it dry fires and when the mag is removed a bb falls out.  Help?

EDIT:  I got it working well after taking apart and putting the hopup back together a few times.  The culprit was a small u shaped piece that helps with feeding, I read somewhere if its not JUST right, you can have problems.  Thanks for all who helped.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:10:24 AM by Morgann0 »