Author Topic: DMR to cqb or other suggestions?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline stale kracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
  • Freedom is the right to be wrong, not to do wrong.
    • View Profile
DMR to cqb or other suggestions?
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:58:43 PM »
Hey everyone. I have a TM M4 that i have put alot of money into for outdoor play in washington. The problem that i'm running into with now is that i'm hitting to hard at 430fps with .2g bbs. I need some help on toning down the fps to 400 and was wondering what i can do for cqb. Is there any way that i could do a partial build and do a swap that would switch out the gearbox and barrel, or something like it to get to 350 fps. Any suggestions would help alot. If all fails i'll probably end up getting a cqb gun like an mp5 so what are some quality/high end mp5's. Basicly in the end i either want a 400 fps rifle that can switch out to a 350 fps cqb rifle, or a 400fps rifle and a 350 fps mp5. Thanks for the help!
Only cheaters live forever

Offline birdman

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
Re: DMR to cqb or other suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 02:31:54 AM »
Honestly I would make it shoot 350 all the time. Put a weaker spring in it and do everything you can to make sure you don't have air leaks. I run a M4 with a 9inch barrel for CQB and field. As long as you have a good hop up and no air leaks you're still going to be able to put bbs down range. I don't really see the point in having two guns if you randomly go to a field then randomly go to a cbq game.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline kevindagee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
Honestly I would make it shoot 350 all the time. Put a weaker spring in it and do everything you can to make sure you don't have air leaks. I run a M4 with a 9inch barrel for CQB and field. As long as you have a good hop up and no air leaks you're still going to be able to put bbs down range. I don't really see the point in having two guns if you randomly go to a field then randomly go to a cbq game.

You would have to do the spring downgrade as birdman suggested but you could just build a separate receiver using more CQB-like parts or you could also just get a shorter barrel, a shorter RIS rail if you're using one, and possibly a shorter outer barrel and just swap it into the gun. Any of these setups will cost less than getting an MP5.
Custom P* MK18
Custom DSG HK416
KWA LM4 Magpul Edition
WE SAI M&P9, Tokyo Marui Custom G17, Tokyo Marui Custom Hi Capa

Offline stale kracker

• Private
  • Freedom is the right to be wrong, not to do wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
So lets say i swap out the spring, what would it take to build an upper reciever?
Only cheaters live forever

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »
So lets say i swap out the spring, what would it take to build an upper reciever?

You'd need:

-Matching upper receiver
-Miscellaneous upper parts (dust cover, charging handle, etc.)
-Outer barrel & muzzle device
-Front iron sight
-Handguard or rail kit
-Inner barrel
-Hop up

If you had some variable velocity system like polar star or a split gearbox, then it might be worth your time.

I'd say you're better off leaving your M4 as a field gun and getting a separate gun for CQB.

If you already have magazines and a load-bearing rig for your M4, you could get a short barrel M4 like this, which is roughly the same size as an MP5.

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »
Or this one

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1922-JG-FB6625-350-FPS-JG-FULL-METAL-M4-Stubby-Killer-CQB-RIS-AEG-w-Metal-Rail-System-NEWEST-MODEL-w-Li-Po-Ready-Low-Resistance-Wiring-And-Active-Break-MOSFET.aspx

Quite honestly, we're gonna have a tone of great field games starting around September or October. If you got a field gun that walks and talks, keep it that way (maybe downgrade the speed a lil).
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!