Author Topic: Rail System Headache  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Wolf Bane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
  • Practicing Airsoft Sniper
    • View Profile
Rail System Headache
« on: May 28, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »
So I traded for a JG S-System M4 and I love the look of the gun, and finally have it purring like a dream. I quickly learned that changing the rail system is a nightmare, but now I'm at a crossroads. Apparently the two female holes allowing the rail to stabilize to the upper receiver are stripped. I need to know if there is some form of a fix or am I due for a new upper receiver? If that's the case, would anyone know if I need to specifically hunt down an S-System part or any M4 should do?

Lastly, would anyone know where I could get an M4 shell, preferably with a one piece outer barrel with as much metal as possible throughout the frame?

Thanks,
Shadow Viper Airsoft Team
Code Name: Wolf
Armory: UTG L96, CYMA M14 SOCOM, JG M4 S-System, KJW P229

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Rail System Headache
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »
im suprised that you havent asked chuck about htis info he should be able to tell you everything you need to know.
but here is some help anyways. the m4 s-system body is a standard m4 body so you dont have to stay with that rail if you dont want to. as far as the stripped screws go you should be able to just re-thread them, shouldnt be too hard. as far as metal m4 bodys go, madbul, g&p, old ca stuff, vfc, and d-boys as well as a few other companys make good bodys for the m4. all you got to do is look around.
there are also lots of quality 1 piece metal outer barrels to choose from. do some looking at some online airsoft stores to get a feel for what you think you might like.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Wolf Bane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
  • Practicing Airsoft Sniper
    • View Profile
Re: Rail System Headache
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »
Thanks Spazz.

I ended up buying a junkyard S-System that I am going to part out. The RIS needs replacing anyway since the "tooth" that snaps into the D-Ring to keep it stable was broken off when I received it. It also was a bit cheaper than trying to buy aftermarket RIS or receivers. I'll bug Chuck to see if he wants to try his hand at re-threading the upper. If he can make it all work, then I'll have a banged up back-up for use/sale.
Shadow Viper Airsoft Team
Code Name: Wolf
Armory: UTG L96, CYMA M14 SOCOM, JG M4 S-System, KJW P229