Author Topic: Magpul Full Metal MOE 11.5" CQB AEG  (Read 2846 times)

Offline SkateRat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Magpul Full Metal MOE 11.5" CQB AEG
« on: June 27, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »
Is this a good aeg? I was initially looking at a kwa lm4 ptr(heared it sucks). If this one is bad any suggestions on a different aeg? I would like it to be full metal and cqb friendly, since I live next to vanguard. :)

Offline Bao

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
Re: Magpul Full Metal MOE 11.5" CQB AEG
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
I don't know where you got your info on the lm4 but I personally think its one of the better gbbr system out of the box and I run one as well but every airsoft gun has their nicks right out of the box. Now for cqb I wouldn't recomend the lm4 unless u install a danger works valve and get a short inner barrel. The aeg your looking at I believe its oem'dby g&p so from what I've seen their pistons aren't that great I thought I heard that they over heat treat their gears and so the shaft of the gears isn't durable but I could be mistaken. For a good gun I'd look at the fmg4 from airsoftgi which are oem'd by lonex and downgrade the spring and you sjould be good to go. I've heard good things about lonex.

Offline SkateRat

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 02:59:35 PM »
Yeah that looks like a nice one. And it gives me some extra pocket money :) what voltage battery do you recommend to run it with?

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:17 PM »
Lonex AEG's are pretty reliable, though they did just raise the price due to their popularity.

Whats your price range? Where do you plan on playing the most?

Offline SkateRat

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 03:55:56 PM »
Lonex AEG's are pretty reliable, though they did just raise the price due to their popularity.

Whats your price range? Where do you plan on playing the most?

My price range is 300 and under. But I can go a bit over I would just like to save a bit for the battery and charger.. Etc

Offline Tiedyeftw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant
  • custom custom custom custom custom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 06:28:29 PM »
G&P is probably one of, if not the best name in the industry. They're right up there next to VFC.

Usually, the G&P MOE is like $350, but there are always cheaper alternatives. (or deals for them here on the forums of course  :D )
It is true about their gears. the axle on the sector gear is almost always destined to snap. That being said, all you need to do is replace that gear with a better one right off the bat, or just get a new gearset entirely.
The piston is fairly good. It will not last you forever, but you wont need to worry about replacing it for a while.

As for a battery, a 7.4v lipo is PERFECT for any G&P. (or any airsoft AEG in general).  They're compact, hold great charge, have awesome trigger response, and has the perfect amount of volts to rock the house at any game. And best of all, if used properly, they'll probably last you forever.

So lets recap. G&P M4- new sector gear & MAYBE piston, and 7.4v lipo and charger (around $50). and you're good to go.
A couple good alternative companies are Kwa, VFC, Matrix, G&G.  These brands all have great full-metal external options, and great internals:)
I realize that while most people suck, there are still some genuine characters that exist out here. I'll show my appreciation by being genuine in return.
Love the sport.

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Just remember that al these guns out of the box are shooting more than vanguard's limit of 330 fps.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline SkateRat

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
Just remember that al these guns out of the box are shooting more than vanguard's limit of 330 fps.

Yes I knew that, although that's truely a easy fix.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:43:18 PM by SkateRat »