Author Topic: Crossfire's annual summer camp out event  (Read 20180 times)

Offline DingDongDavid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Re: Crossfire's annual summer camp out event
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
Can anybody give me a road report? Are the roads pretty accessible for any vehicle?

Offline Bronze Dragon

• Private First Class
  • Cheap but effective
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »
Hope you guys have a great time.
Couldn't make it this time; have to hold out on hope there is a Prescottonia this year.

Offline e_macairsoft

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »
Can anybody give me a road report? Are the roads pretty accessible for any vehicle?

Roads should be accessible for any vehicle, it may be a little wash board towards the end but go easy and be safe. We are buggin out!!

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »
it was a great day out there for saturday. thanks to everyone who came out to play.
hopefully i will have some video footage of the gameplay up in the next couple of weeks or so.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline svataz

• Sergeant First Class
  • leader of shadowviper,lion claw angel gun supplier
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com/shadowviperaz
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »
Had fun sniping tan
Facebook.com/shadowviperaz

Offline sigma85051

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
I will also have some video up soon had a bunch of fun. Will there be a link on here to all the pictures taken?
Wolf Pack Omega team leader
G&G customs gotta love em'
The hunt is on!

Offline SilverFoxKG

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2015, 11:17:37 AM »
Hoping someone found a tan m4 mag with initials on the bottom.

Offline e_macairsoft

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2015, 05:36:44 PM »
I found a black mag with initials on the bottom. Gave it to the admins of the game so if you lost it check in with them. Had a great time in the woods even if we (green team) got smoked with capture the flag. Got a few pics at the end of the squad game and will post them up soon.

Offline Salv5031

• Sergeant
  • Infantry
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 02:58:20 AM »
here is a video from the 2nd game of the day hope you guys like it

https://youtu.be/Q18IAjw4Ejo
Infantry

Offline Mr. Derp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 07:12:49 PM »
Had a great time! Big thanks to the people at Crossfire.

However, there was a disgusting amount of trash left behind at the main camp site, the one right across from the briefing area. The area is littered with tiny scraps and there was a full trash bag, a broken folding chair and a plastic jug left by the two fire pits. Our group left at around 9pm, and and there was another storm upon us. We were only able to pick up the big stuff.

Seriously guys, WTF... What happens when park rangers see the mess left behind?

Here is a quote from the OP, "Bring trash bags to pack your trash and take with you when you leave.  The area we are going to be in should be just as clean if not cleaner than before we got there. " ...

On a positive note, to the person who lost their optic out on the field, we found it! PM me with what kind of scope/optic it is and we can figure out how to get it back to you.

Offline 3141592653

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »
Our squad left Sunday afternoon. Most of the trash was gone by then but we still found some trash in the staging area that we went ahead and picked up - plastic bottles, colored armband tape, and other stuff. We as airsofters collectively have to a better job leaving the site trash free otherwise it will give airsoft a bad name, and nobody wants that.

The event was really fun and thanks to Crossfire for putting on a good (and free) event. It might have been helpful to have a sign posted up at the event with game times and game information, and perhaps even some 5-minute warning air horn blasts to signal that games were about to start. That might have given the event a more organized feel. I know you posted game info in advance on the forum, but I had no cell service and I didn't save all the game info somewhere which I recognize was my bad. But still I think some signs/communication would have been much appreciated by all. We missed a game because we weren't sure if it had started and our camp wasn't right by the staging area so we couldn't just look over and see. Yes we are slow to suit-up-for-the-shoot-up and that's why it helps to know if a game is really starting in 1 minute, otherwise we might take 2 minutes getting loaded up.

Again, big thanks to Crossfire for putting this on. Hope you do it again next year.

Offline Edward McRichy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2015, 05:02:14 AM »
Our squad left Sunday afternoon. Most of the trash was gone by then but we still found some trash in the staging area that we went ahead and picked up - plastic bottles, colored armband tape, and other stuff. We as airsofters collectively have to a better job leaving the site trash free otherwise it will give airsoft a bad name, and nobody wants that.

The event was really fun and thanks to Crossfire for putting on a good (and free) event. It might have been helpful to have a sign posted up at the event with game times and game information, and perhaps even some 5-minute warning air horn blasts to signal that games were about to start. That might have given the event a more organized feel. I know you posted game info in advance on the forum, but I had no cell service and I didn't save all the game info somewhere which I recognize was my bad. But still I think some signs/communication would have been much appreciated by all. We missed a game because we weren't sure if it had started and our camp wasn't right by the staging area so we couldn't just look over and see. Yes we are slow to suit-up-for-the-shoot-up and that's why it helps to know if a game is really starting in 1 minute, otherwise we might take 2 minutes getting loaded up.

Again, big thanks to Crossfire for putting this on. Hope you do it again next year.

Thanks for participating, picking up after others (no matter how much you stress that some people will never care) and thanks for the feed back.  A sign with game times is a good idea, we didn't think of it.  We will be sure to incorporate that next year.
"Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" - Maj. Gen. James Mattis

Team: Crossfire
Position: Guy who keeps breaking his gun

Offline Edward McRichy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2015, 05:05:12 AM »
Had a great time! Big thanks to the people at Crossfire.

However, there was a disgusting amount of trash left behind at the main camp site, the one right across from the briefing area. The area is littered with tiny scraps and there was a full trash bag, a broken folding chair and a plastic jug left by the two fire pits. Our group left at around 9pm, and and there was another storm upon us. We were only able to pick up the big stuff.

Seriously guys, WTF... What happens when park rangers see the mess left behind?

Here is a quote from the OP, "Bring trash bags to pack your trash and take with you when you leave.  The area we are going to be in should be just as clean if not cleaner than before we got there. " ...

On a positive note, to the person who lost their optic out on the field, we found it! PM me with what kind of scope/optic it is and we can figure out how to get it back to you.
Thanks for participating and a special thank you for picking up trash left by others. 
"Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" - Maj. Gen. James Mattis

Offline Edward McRichy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2015, 05:37:25 AM »
Thank you to all who participated in our event.  I worked late last night so I don't yet have the link ready yet for photos and video, I should get that posted later today.  I don't know how many items were lost but of the three items that were found and given to us one was returned already.  The other two items were given to "Warlord" from LynchTec, they are out at wild west in east mesa, you can also contact Warlord here on the forum.

I had to leave Saturday night due to a family thing in the morning on Sunday but judging by the previous posts it sounds like we need to do a much better job of cleaning up after ourselves.  It looked to me like most of the people out there on Saturday were adults so next time lets act like it and clean up after ourselves. 

Again thank you for participating in our event.  We are hoping to do this again next summer, we will try and find a bigger location for next year.

Offline Edward McRichy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2015, 07:20:58 AM »
Below is a link to photos and video taken during Saturday's game play.  Download as you wish and use as you wish.  I apologize most of the video is bad, this was our first time doing the whole video and photo thing so we will get the bugs worked out and do better next year. 

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t20z6zltvpunjcc/AAD0N8zEwbaStz21nH74-lpHa?dl=0

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2buba89cnuofet/AACwp-nz3SjY3btXZM7edhVLa?dl=0
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:27:36 AM by Edward McRichy »