Author Topic: New to Airsoft  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Zook21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
New to Airsoft
« on: March 11, 2006, 01:35:32 PM »
Hi everyone, I am new to airsoft, but  paintballed for a couple years. I became interested in airsoft miainly due to the professionalism and maturity I believe it convays. Also, I got sick of paintballing with either 12 year olds, or people with $1,000 Black Angels that would just massacre everyone. It seems to me and from what i have read that everyone in airsoft is on the same playing field with no one having any real advantage over another person just because they have a $1,000 gun. Furthermore, I like how the guns portray actual guns used by military personal.

Where in Phoenix is there a field or indoor arena to play?  Like to go on Sat. or Sun., pay a fee, sign a waiver, and play for couple hours.

Also, if there is not one in Phoenix, how close is the nearest one?

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Zook21 »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 02:54:02 PM »
Welcome.  I hope that you get a blast out of playing Airsoft.  You will find the Arizona Airsoft Community to be one of the very best in the nation.
You are correct; there is no HUGE advantage in Airsoft.  There are a few guns out there that have been upgraded and can reach out and put a hurt on you, but the majority of the playing fields are pretty even.  Of late, there have been more games sponsored at paintball fields, but in general, most of the games are outside on public land someplace.  This vast playing field cuts down on the chance one person decimating a whole team.  We rely on tactics, camouflage, communication and stealth.  The guns are kick-ass too....1:1 replicas of the real thing.

You'll like it here.  8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New to Airsoft
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 03:05:56 PM »
Quote from: "Zook21"
I became interested in airsoft miainly due to the professionalism and maturity I believe it convays. Also, I got sick of paintballing with either 12 year olds, or people with $1,000 Black Angels that would just massacre everyone. It seems to me and from what i have read that everyone in airsoft is on the same playing field with no one having any real advantage over another person just because they have a $1,000 gun. Furthermore, I like how the guns portray actual guns used by military personal.

Pretty much the same here.  I got into it when i lived in Japan.  But all i had was mainly springers.  I had a TM G26 GBB...  But yeah.  I never owned a paintball gun... just liked to play, when i could.  Airsoft is a MilSim game, which can be very fun.  Unlike paintball, where tactics and teamwork wasn't such a big deal to many of the players.  Not to mention the unrealistic guns...  

Welcome   8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

Offline t0ji

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 05:23:20 PM »
yea ive dont both airsoft and paintball as well, i just dont feel the same holding a tube with a gas tank and a hopper.. when i could just hold my mp5 :P  yea paintball is spray and pray tactics while airsoft involves real tactics and communication..

im sure you'll fit in fine here
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by t0ji »

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 06:09:18 PM »
Outstanding! You'll love the teamwork that we use. It's really been getting pretty good lately with teams working together and such. That's what puts airsoft above paintball.

Welcome welcome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline Zook21

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 11:20:56 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

What paintball places do you all play at? and when are they available for airsoft games?

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 11:23:16 PM »
We almost never play at paintball places, thankfully.

There's a game tomorrow. C'mon out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Zook21

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 11:26:56 PM »
Where is this game held?

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 11:28:06 PM »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Zook21

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 11:37:29 PM »
Are there places around phoenix that people can go to on Sat. or Sun. and play?  Like the facilities provided for paintball.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 11:38:27 PM »
No.